Blue Bird

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. I'll kick you in the butt. I have a friend reading my ms now. He's an editor, but he's reading for me to help with motivation mostly. I do not have a day off until next Thursday, so time is crippled with exhaustion. Still, I'm determined to get something done. Enough of the drama! Back to writing.

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
Bluegate,
You still exist in cyber space?

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm well :) Got lost in being a grandma for a minute, but I'm good. How are you?

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. I am so in love with little Baby Wade. He is a pleasant distraction :) How is the hell did you break your leg? What's going on with your writing?

Bluegate

Clearly has too much time on hand.
Registered
Reaction score
What is this? Some kind of stalker question?
I bet Wade is beyond adorable, I am so happy for all of you!
As for the leg...well let's just say the bear got the worst of it! :evil
:D:D
Actually it was quite mundane but utterly thorough. Basically, I was on the side of a mountain at a steep angle when some loose gravel/ground gave out from under my downhill leg. The uphill foot remained fully planted while the rest of my body followed the gravel downward. There was a rather distinctive and expressive sound followed up by a completely incorrect protrusion near my ankle. I had blown through all three bones of my ankle/leg, breaking off a separate piece of bone in the process.
The mundane element was that I was actually just out laying hay for the horses. We just happen to live on the side of a fricking mountain! The most amusing aspect of the whole thing is that my husband and a neighbor were on the backside of the house operating a very loud trackhoe, I was without my phone, hidden behind the bushes and on the wrong side of an electric fence. After giving my lungs a rousing workout, the guys arrived for a quick game of Marco Polo at the conclusion of which I demanded them "Drag me under the electric fence!"

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
Would it be too insensitive of me to say I love the way you described this accident. Isn't it a bitch to have writer friends. We look at everything as a possible story. I do hope you're healing. Does that count for anything? Well, I just ate a bunch of sushi and I'm heading to bed. Now, when these time consuming holidays are over, we must check out the status of our stories.

Bluegate

Registered
Reaction score
Insensitive? Not at all. The least God could do was leave me with an entertaining story to tell. The old guy has been trying to kill me for years now and I'm pretty sure he pushed me. Heck, the rescue crew almost killed me with the morphine. They kept asking me what my pain level was and all I could tell them was that it remained the same, so they just kept dumping that $*it into me. I never felt the drugs but they completely shut my system down. The thing is, the break never felt much more than a nasty sprain. If I hadn't seen the stupid bone sticking out I probably would have tried to walk on the damn thing!
Would you believe that on the way out, the emergency guys actually paused in the driveway so they could take in the view? And would you further believe that it was my dear loving husband who had suggested they do so?!
In his defense though, it is an awesome view.

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
Now I want to see the view. Ha. My daughter got married in Washington this summer. Now that place is beautiful. There are flowers blooming all over the place. Have you been doing any writing?

Bluegate

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to your daughter!
Yes, Washington is very beautiful. I feel blessed to live here. :) Winter...perhaps a tad less.

I got a new puppy...we're getting the same thing down on paper.
It's not pretty.

What about you? Any puppies in your life?

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
No puppies in my life either. Ha. Well, today is the start of a new year. I'm hoping this will be a constructive one.

Bluegate

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, you don't need puppies to make a heaping pile of *hit out of your manuscript. :tongue
I was doing just fine on my own before the damn dog horned in!

Red, I think I could use a good boot in the behind. I've totally slacked off on writing and all I have to show for it is a pile of lame excuses. It's time for an intervention. Of course in those they always round up a bunch of people who supposedly give a shit and they write a pack of weepy letters about you. I'd be lucky if my local barista would pony up surely postcard on my behalf.
I really should have tipped better.

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you :) I'm moving this Saturday, so the past couple of weeks and the next couple will be busy ones for me. Get something down on paper for me to read.

Bluegate

Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow I can't believe we're almost online at the same time! Moving? After all that drama with the new kitchen? Well it must be something special. I do not envy you one iota for the moving. Ugh!!
Hmm. something down on paper huh? Well that sounds a tad bit like a challenge. You just may have my number on that one. ;-)

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
Ha. I'd nearly put that kitchen ordeal behind me. I despise moving, but it's time. So, I've been kicking it a little on the boards. It seems as if I've been gone forever. There's some new blood around here, which is cool. Is Seams still around? I miss him. I've been motivated to look at that old men cry section from some of the responses, so this is a good thing. Where's my piece? Your not still working on that board are you?

Bluegate

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back in from a horse distraction. My neighbor was trying to catch her horse for little ride but the horse didn't seem to trust her motivations and gave her a good workout around the pasture. LOL Now, the horse trusts me a lot more and so having pity on the poor woman and seeing that she had clearly earned her brownie break, I went out there and called the horse into the barn for her. Neighbor got her brownie, horse got some oats and they both rode off into, the near, sunset.
Sorry about the move and even more sorry that I brought back the spector of the kitchen nightmare. Man that went on for EVER! I thought you would have moved then. LOL
No I am not still on that infernal board. God rest their annoying little souls! I just haven't been writing at all. I don't think I can even come up with a good lie for why. I just seem to be untethered in that area.
I'm glad you're getting the itch to work on it again. I'm hoping to catch a few fleas myself so I can get to itching too. I have not seen Seems forever. I miss his company also. He was a great guy and I so enjoyed his writing. Makes me smile to think of him.

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh how I've missed your sense of humor. I'm wondering why your neighbor's horse would trust you more than her?

Bluegate

Registered
Reaction score
It's so nice to be appreciated. hehe
He trusts me *aforementioned horse, because she shows him her fear and distrust. I show him confidence and leadership. You can own horses or you can lead them. The two are entirely different things. She's a good person to be sure! She takes good care and never abuses her animals in the least. She just doesn't have a natural way with animals and seems to always put a distrust of them front and center.

Last edited:

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
So, the move is over :) There's work to be done, but I am close enough to done to relax. Yes, some people have a way with animals that goes beyond general care. My sister was great with her horses. She had no fear. I was supposed to attend a writing seminar today but the weather had different ideas. We are immersed in ice. Yuck. So, I'm stuck in the house with a dried out chicken and a bunch of movies. Ha. What's on your agenda for today?

Bluegate

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Red! So happy for you that the move is over. What a major pain in the butt that always is. I like setting up a new space so that part is fun but nothing sucks quite going through all your junk and hauling somewhere new. You get to find out just how good a house keeper you really are when you finally start moving stuff. LOL
Setting up a new space is always fun. You haven't mucked anything up yet so you can pretend it's all gonna be better and prettier this time around. I've gotta admit though, after awhile, the romance starts to fade on that fantasy.

Been a tad busy getting it handed to me here lately. My car broke done with serious repair costs. Then my husband's car went down with serious repair costs. Then we had a little Fun With Snowmegeddon around these parts. Snow, ice, snow, more ice, slush, frozen slush and now muddy slush. The power went out all over the place, repeatedly and for days at a time. We are on well water which requires electricity for the pump...so we also ran out of water. We also live on a mountain with a *read private, aint gonna get plowed* road. We weren't going anywhere even if we did have the cars fixed.
It's been ...hmm... well, it's just been.
First day the power came back on I took a hot shower, made a latte' and sat under the electric blanket watching cheesey sci-fi movies all day. It was glorious!

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
I love blanket, movie, ain't gonna participate days. Sorry about your car and weather troubles. Doesn't it seem as if this sort of luck comes in batches? I'm going to take my tired self a nap :)