• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Blish.com / Jupiterimages Corporation

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
This spam letter just came to the Travis Tea address (from the Atlanta Nights webpage):

============

I recently visited your website and was very impressed by the professionalism of your ebooks.

I’m contacting you and a handful of other talented authors who I have identified to tell you about a digital marketplace that we launched in February called Blish™ (www.blish.com). Blish is a fully digital marketplace that sells all forms of digital content – everything from audio files, video files, eBooks, software, stock photography, and many more digital areas to come.

One of our top-level categories is ebooks. We are contacting companies like yours that have books, to offer you a different distribution channel for selling your products. Blish would give you the ability to reach audiences that you might not have been able to reach via our ability to cross-sell products across our different categories.

Just to give you a little background, this is by no means a small operation. Blish is part of a much larger, publicly-traded company that will be spending many thousands of dollars each month driving purchase-minded consumers to the site. We intend to make Blish the default place that people will go to when they are looking to purchase any kind of digital content.

The way Blish works is we will allow you to set the price for each product, tag each listing, and earn a 50% commission each time it sells. This is truly a great way for you to gain mass-exposure, while making a decent profit as well. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please email me at [email protected] and we can discuss the next steps.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you,

Hope Judd

Blish.com

21 S. Evergreen Ave., Suite 200

Arlington Heights, IL 60005

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
Blish automated spammer said:
I recently visited your website and was very impressed by the professionalism of your ebooks.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :roll:

Sometimes I just love the silly results you can get if you feed an automated program bad input. It's sort of like that old Eliza the Computer Psychiatrist program.

UrsusMinor

Registered
Reaction score
Finally, the business establishment recognizes a true work of genius!

I urge you not to blindly accept this handsome offer, however, but rather to contact the big NY houses and use this as a lever to get a major auction underway.

I can't wait to see Travis Tea on Oprah! (Not to mention that when HarperCollins floods the country with mass-market paperbacks, the collector's value of my Lulu copy will skyrocket!)

fabiobasile

hello all

i am a bit puzzled about this whole thing... you say it's an automated robot? I guess it would make sense if you consider what it takes nowadays to get noticed on the internet! eeh... it's no longer the good old days.

Anyway here is the first message i got from them:

------------------------
Good Afternoon-

I’m contacting you to tell you about a digital marketplace that we launched in February called Blish™ (www.blish.com). Blish is a fully digital marketplace that sells all forms of digital content – everything from fonts, script, plans, audio files, video files, eBooks, software, stock photography, music, and many more digital areas to come.

One of the categories we are highly interested into applying to our site are 3D Images, and we are contacting people like yourself that have these items, to offer you a different distribution channel for selling them. Blish would give you the ability to reach audiences that you might not have been able to reach via our ability to cross-sell products across our different categories.

Just to give you a little background, this is by no means a small operation. Blish is part of a much larger, publicly-traded company that will be spending many thousands of dollars each month driving purchase-minded consumers to the site. We intend to make Blish the default place that people will go to when they are looking to purchase any kind of digital content.

The way Blish works is we will allow you to set the price for each product, tag each listing, and earn a 50% commission each time it sells. This is truly a great way for you to gain mass-exposure, while making a decent profit as well. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please email me at [email protected] and we can discuss the next steps.

Check us out at www.blish.com. I have attached our newest press release for your viewing pleasure!

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!

Hope Judd

Blish.com

[email protected]

(847) 463-5057
----------------------------

pretty standard i guess and attached there was a pdf containing a brief business plan explaining Blish.com

I'm a 3D artist so i said to myself "what do i have to lose? even if it is a robot, what gives?"
I got stuff that i might want to sell after all.

So i replied and in about a few hours i got a reply from Hope Judd that goes as follows:

---------------------

Good Afternoon Fabio-

Thank you for your response. It’s great to hear from you! I got a chance to really spend some time at your website. How great your story is, it’s funny how life figures itself out sometimes isn’t it? Congratulations to you for all your achievements, turning thoughts into reality is a wonderful thing. It’s great that you put that on your website. I have included additional information for you about Blish.com. I hope this answers some more of your questions and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Blish is a new digital marketplace that specializes in downloadable products across a host of categories. As a Blish seller you’ll be able to log in to the site at any time and add additional products, edit your product information, even de-list your products as often as you choose. You’ll also be able to run custom reports and immediately see what items have sold.

You list your items, set the price, and keep 50% of the revenue for each sale. Blish will handle all your marketing and any transaction fees involved and will remit your earnings back to you every 30 days! This is a great site and what makes us unique is that we have all types of digital content; so many customers may be coming to shop for one thing, and see your products and buy types of additional products. It could be a great new additional distribution channel for you. Any type of content that’s downloadable or accessible online: Script, eBooks, stock photography, 3D models, legal documents, software, ring-tones, web site templates, etc.

As for traffic, we have many customers that come through our site. We basically have two different types. We have the regular customer who comes to our site for items and buys the products directly for their own use. Then we have the producers who shop our site and buy our products to make a product. Some examples of that are websites, Power Point presentations, commercials, ect. We reach a large area in both of these categories.

Blish is completely non-exclusive. The products are yours; we’re just here to help you sell them! I have also attached some forms for you to fill out so if you are interested, you can sign them and either scan them and e-mail the signed forms ([email protected]) or fax them back to me at 847-253-9219 attention Hope Judd. The first one is the profile, this information is used to input in our system to make you a seller. The agreement is for you to read, review, and sign and I have also attached the newest press release out on us for you to take a look at.

I hope this gives you some good insight on our company. Please check us out at www.blish.com. As I said before, if I can answer anymore questions for you, please contact me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a great day! I look forward to hearing from you!

Hope Judd

Blish.com

[email protected]
--------------------------

This last reply didn't sound like a robot to me, much less a crappy and repetitive one like ALICE or ELIZA. I'm tempted to call that number and see what happens...

Last edited by a moderator: