Black Ink Fiction - Open Call for Shadows Over Olympus

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score

I ran across this and they appear to be legit. In a new shift for me, they require acceptance to one of their unpaid anthologies before you can participate in the paid anthologies.

https://www.blackinkfiction.com/fairytales

Shadows Over Olympus​

Title: Shadows Over Olympus
Opens: 21 June 2021
Closes: 15 October 2021
Theme: Retellings of Ancient Greek mythology. What if Perseus was turned to stone by Medusa? What if Hercules was weak? What if the Trojan Horse plan backfired?
Word Limit: 2k - 5k
Author Eligibility: Open to all
Reprints: Not allowed
Simultaneous Submissions: Not allowed
Multiple Submissions: Max of 3 acceptance
Author Compensation: One digital copy and eligibility to submit to our paid anthologies

Send your story and up to a 100-word author bio with 2 (two) links as a Word doc attachment to: [email protected]

Please include the Anthology Title, Story Title, and Author name in your email subject line, with your document file name as: Author Name - Story Title.

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalmedievalist.com
I would be very cautious about them until you see a contract and the specific limitations on rights.

In general, with the ease of self-publishing, and the wide availability of online publication, there's not a lot of reason to sub to non-paying markets, especially for digital markets.

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
I'll take a shot at one of their smaller calls and see what I learn. I'll let you know.