• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Readers Wanted for Spec. Christian Short story

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. I have a story “The Woodcutter’s Wife” which needs outside eyes. It is 7300 words long. This was written for a specific market. I would greatly appreciate anyone who has knowledge of Syrian history (particularly in the Abbasid Caliphate) to help me get the details right.

Premise: a poor woodcutter is invited to join a wealthy woman claiming to be his sister at her palace. His wife is suspicious, knowing he has no sister. When she discovers the truth, she has to risk everything to save her family.

Thanks!

Last edited:

CA Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to beta read this story, although I do not have the specific market knowledge you are looking for. I could at least give you general reader feedback. When you get to the final stages of your story, I am also a proofreader. Please let me know. Thank you.

CA Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Hello. I have a story “The Woodcutter’s Wife” which needs outside eyes. It is 7300 words long. This was written for a specific market. I would greatly appreciate anyone who has knowledge of Syrian history (particularly in the Abbasid Caliphate) to help me get the details right.

Premise: a poor woodcutter is invited to join a wealthy woman claiming to be his sister at her palace. His wife is suspicious, knowing he has no sister. When she discovers the truth, she has to risk everything to save her family.

Thanks!

Thanks!
I would like to beta read this story, although I do not have the specific market knowledge you are looking for. I could at least give you general reader feedback. When you get to the final stages of your story, I am also a proofreader. Please let me know. Thank you.

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your interest! Please PM me a good way to send the file.

CA Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your interest! Please PM me a good way to send the file.
Taylor,
I think perhaps you emailed me the story but it may have gone into my spam folder. Do you mind resending it? I will be sure to check my spam folder. I would appreciate it. Thank you.