Beta Newbie - tru

Status
Not open for further replies.

tootru

Registered
Reaction score
This feels a little like the quasi-blasphemy of being the first person to tread on a fresh field of snow!

Hi, I'm tru. I signed up a while back, but hadn't gotten around to introducing myself. So hey!

I was pointed to AW by lizmonster, a person I hold in the highest esteem and the only author other than Kim Stanley Robinson whose books I have autographed and on my shelf.

My main genre for writing (and reading) is science fiction and I have a deep fondness for AI and sentient machines of all types. I'll read most anything, though probably 3/4 of my fiction reading is currently SFF.

I'm also eyeing a foray into songwriting...we'll see.

The rest of my world: I live in Orange County, California with my partner of nearly 21 years. I have two stepkids and am Bobcat* to a 8-month-old grandson.

I foster English Pointers, though currently on hiatus while we sort out a change in our living situation. I tend to name my dogs after musicians or people in songs. My most recent foster was a handsom fellow called Hank Williams.

I love music and will talk your ear off about Ricky Warwick, in particular, if you let me (he's my inspiration for the songwriting thing). Rock, metal & punk are my go-tos, but my main playlist also includes Salsa, disco, Rockabilly, old school country and Spanish pop among others. I'm not too fussy.

I have a lot of fun with paper art, including bookbinding, collage & mail art and I have more art supplies than any 5 people could use up in a lifetime.

my pronouns are they/them

guess that's it!

*Bobcat is a non-binary grandparent.

This here's Hank. He's way better looking than I am.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome (belatedly) to AW, tru, the best writing place on the interwebs, bar none!

It's great to have you here and it's great that the little outage the place has experienced hasn't put you off. There's a wealth of info here regarding all things writing, and a very active cross-section of SFF writers. You'll love it here, I'm sure!

See you around the boards!
Izz

Reactions: tootru

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great to meet you Tru! Welcome.

And I can't imagine that Hank Williams's heart could ever be cheatin'. Sweet dog!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.

Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.