Status
Not open for further replies.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Oh, well, maybe I should just forget about it, and just write Stephen King-like novels or Robert Ludlum-type novels or name-your-author-type novels.

Keep it nice and safe, I guess.

It has nothing to do with keeping things safe. There are plenty of people out there who write books that include topics which are high on the Ick Quotient. They get published all the time.

You have to ask yourself a couple of things. Is this whole bestiality aspect truly essential to the story, or are you just doing it for the shock value? Because quite frankly, when you say "well, if you don't like it don't read it", it sounds like you're not really interested in opinions, you just want to get people's attention --- and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you're being honest with yourself.

That havign been said, I've often thought the Anita Blake series crossed over into the bestiality genre, because half the people Anita bangs are actually big wolves or cats. Badly written bestiality, but there it is.

loquax

I verb nouns adverbly
Registered
Reaction score
If you had the MC put peanut butter on his genitals and have the horse lick it off, it would probably be more socially accepted.

...right?

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to side with engmajor on this. Instead of detailing or hinting about what the character has done with his unusual parts, have him agonize about it at various places in the story. That's makes it one level of tension that can be worked into your story. It could also take it out of the shock-generating category and into a mere strange and unusual class.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, well, maybe I should just forget about it, and just write Stephen King-like novels . . .
Actually, this could be something that Stephen King would write . . . and get away with doing.

He's certainly had quite an assortment of usual creatures. A guy with a horse's tail and genitals who gets an erection watching the Kentucky Derby could very well be one of his characters. Hey, at least your character can keep the flies away. ;-)

Good luck with it.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If you think we are being negative consider, I have both written and published a centaur story including sex and am writing another. The 'negative' is on the other foot. When you specify only one thing about your book, that is what will get discussed.

Thekherham

The Alien Writer
Registered
Reaction score
5657 Brežendra Rd., Treskebhar, Te’hănys, Alharhan

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Non sequiter?

And as the Swan was actually a hyper-sentient God, no--it isn't. Bestiality is about capacity to give consent.

Just Me

Not Really Here
Registered
Reaction score
Home? I have no home. Hunted, despised, living lik
Website
www.trchelle.com
There's a book from Roc out that includes bestiality involving underaged females. Not a lot of people care for it. Just google "venom c**k" and have a read.
I've never read the book and probably never will, but the wank it generated is damn funny. For the benefit of the original poster:

One reader's review of Touched by Venom

Cliff's Notes version of the wank, with links

In summary, yeah, it can be done, but you'd best be prepared for the fallout if you handle it... indelicately.

~JM.

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theladywolf.livejournal.com
I think it's interesting that this creature is the only one of it's kind. Where are the female humans with horsey genitalia? huh? And why isn't he going out with one of them? Or even fooling around with a few of them. I want to know how come he is the last of his kind, not what he does with his bits and bobs.

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention Wizard and Glass, by Stephen King. One of the characters in that book has "relations" with a snake.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Ahh, let's go for broke!

The Fortean Times Book of Weird Sex.

A total hoot.
icon10.gif

JPLangsdorf

Registered
Reaction score
Wow.

This thread is like a train wreck. I'm mortified, yet fascinated.

I'm with the majority on this. The poster asked for opinions, and opinions have been expressed. Mine, for the record: Just why?

Kay_XX

Registered
Reaction score
I've never read the book and probably never will, but the wank it generated is damn funny. For the benefit of the original poster:

One reader's review of Touched by Venom

Cliff's Notes version of the wank, with links

In summary, yeah, it can be done, but you'd best be prepared for the fallout if you handle it... indelicately.

~JM.

Unbelievable! I don't know whether to laugh or cry that this gets published AND is concidered "a smart narrative with intriguing subtext" by some.

Or maybe I'm just missing the ultimate joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.