• U.S. members: The Federal Government is offering each household in the United States four (4) free at-home Covid-19 test kits. https://www.covidtests.gov/

Bestiality: CAUTION - Adult themes and language

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and anyone who thinks a human female can't copulate with a male horse due to physical restrictions hasn't spent enough time on a farm, or online, for that matter.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to see any woman degrade and humiliate herself.

The people who can watch that kind of stuff have something fundamental disconnected in their brain. It isn't something they or anyone else can fix either which is sad.

JPLangsdorf

Registered
Reaction score
I cannot believe this thread is still going strong. And yet here I am, compelled to add to it.

You clearly have solid ideas for your story/MC, and any opinions I have about that have been stated, but I wanted to focus on something you wrote:

So if I were to write a fantasy novel with, let's say, dragons and elves and fairies, and a flying horse named Pegasus, I would have to come up with a logical explanation for these creatures? If I came up with such an explanation, wouldn't that be science fiction? To me, fantasies are stories where I'm willing to suspend my beliefs.

That's a misconception, in my opinion. Magic, mythical creatures, and fantasy as a whole does not mean 'no explanation', or even 'no logical explanation'. It just means beyond the realms of reality. Fantasy novels don't avoid explaining their settings, they flourish BY explaining their settings, including the creatures in them. Hell, the real myths have pretty thorough origins for their creatures. It's not just 'poof, there was a man with particular horse parts'.

The suspension of belief is for the setting's existence. But even that setting must be 'true to itself'. It must make a kind of sense. Readers will wonder the things we're proposing here, so it's not unreasonable to think about how to address those questions.

Man. What a thread.

infinitus_kaze

Brutally honest...to a fault
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaelocheskey.com
I haven't read all of the posts in this thread yet because it is so long and I may be repeating something someone else has already said, but here is my take on this.

Judging by your avatar and your description of the main character, I would say you are either a fan of anime, manga, doujinshi, hentai, or all of the above. There is nothing wrong with including aspects of Japanese culture in your writing. I do it as well with Japanese names for characters and locations, but you have to consider the manner in which you wish to include such aspects. Including your horse-man character in an erotic fantasy novel will help to add to the assumption made by many that Japanese culture is perverted, which is only true of certain people in Japan and not the culture as a whole, and may help to detour your readers from Japanese culture. If you are okay with that then you should not worry about it, but if you want to promote Japanese culture I would not recommend putting such a character in your book.

Secondly, putting a character like this into your book may seriously damage sales. The question on my mind is why are you adding this character? Is your novel meant to be a psychological erotic fantasy in which readers are meant to see this character as perverse and other characters in the book shun him or try to change him? If the story revolves around a psychological journey this character undertakes from changing his perversion over to a "normal" view of sexual contact with human females (seeing as he is more human than anything else) then there may actually be a desire for people to read the book, but if he does not go through some sort of psychological change and continues to indulge in bestiality throughout the book you will be lucky to sell 10 copies of the book.

Last edited:

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
Past where the river bends, past where the silo st
The guy should be proud...or at least fairly okay with...his horsecock. Everyone is assuming this is a human being who is deformed. But isn't it a different species of being altogether? Why would a centaur, for instance, be ashamed of not being completely human? He isn't human in the first place.

infinitus_kaze

Brutally honest...to a fault
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaelocheskey.com
The guy should be proud...or at least fairly okay with...his horsecock. Everyone is assuming this is a human being who is deformed. But isn't it a different species of being altogether? Why would a centaur, for instance, be ashamed of not being completely human? He isn't human in the first place.

You are right in a way, but the problem is that this creature isn't a centaur. Except for hooves, a tail, and his penis, he is human in appearance. I think the real issue comes down to what the creature looks like in the eyes of the readers. It would not be shocking to see a centaur having sex with a mare, but it would be shocking to see a centaur having sex with a human because a centaur looks more like a horse than a human. The same is true in this case. Since the horse-man looks more like a human than a horse it would be shocking to picture him with a mare, but not with a human. There is also the alternative option as well - why not have him in a relationship with another of his own kind? A woman who is part mare.

The shock factor for readers is brought about by the sexual contact. Readers wouldn't have a problem with the horse-man in a relationship with a mare if the sex aspect was left out. It's similar to a series of short stories I'm currently writing entitled The Eden Tribes. There are seven races in that story including one called Shikigami. They are fairy-like creatures who contain aspects of nature. Some take after the four elements while others take after animals. My water Shikigami have exoskeletons which are like blue latex that protect their bodies and serve as clothing. My animal Shikigami have exoskeletons which take on the characteristics of the animal. For instance, my hawk Shikigami has red feathers that cover parts of her body and large wings growing from her back. My fox Shikigami has fur on her body, a tail, pointed ears like a fox, and whiskers that pop out of her cheeks when she is emotional. The Shikigami in my story have a relationship with the main character, Kaze, a half dragon/sorcerer who looks entirely human except for his exoskeleton of dragon scales (which looks like a human wearing a suit of armor) and when he fully transforms into a golden dragon.

The only thing that makes my story acceptable to readers is the fact that the relationship between these characters doesn't talk about the sexual aspect of it. If I were to include sexual contact between these characters I can guarantee that the people who have read my story thus far and told me they couldn't wait to read the rest would turn their backs on the story entirely and call me a pervert. Since there is no sexual contact, however, they don't mind the fact that these half-animal characters are in a relationship with a character who looks like a human.

Saundra Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saundramitchell.com
Just considering the actual logistics

I would understand why a furry would want to have sex with an animal. What turns somebody on turns them on, and your character sounds essentially like a ported furry. But, I don't understand why the filly would want to have sex with *him*. Can he impregnate her? If she's in heat, she wants to get mounted so she can get pregnant. If he can communicate with her, is he lying to her? Can he actually get her pregnant?

I guess my problem with it is you have an anthropomorphized, sentient man-horse who wants to have sex with regular old horses, and yet, somehow his horse telepathy allows him to have sentient conversations with regular old horses? Which means they're not regular old horses, but your character isn't attracted to women, just horses... Heck, I'll read all kinds of weird pairings (I grew up on Piers Anthony, after all...) but your logic doesn't work for me.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, hell - I'm so glad I didn't open this thread while I was at work. I'm not sure which would have gotten me canned first: the hysterical laughter or the 'flag' words popping up on big brother's radar over in IT.
Oh, and anyone who thinks a human female can't copulate with a male horse due to physical restrictions hasn't spent enough time on a farm, or online, for that matter.
I was thinking more like Amsterdam, myself...the farms you've been on sound much more interesting than mine.
And all I have to say to that is: ow.

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
I made it through four pages of this without anyone mentioning Her Furry Face by Lee Kennedy or (the blatantly obvious) sex with Animals in Wicked?
I think you're going to have to work a lot harder than just centaur sex if you're really trying to be The Most Shocking Author On The Planet.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Ahem. I happen to be distantly related to Thomas Granger, which could theoretically decrease my amusement at this topic. But heck--he'd be dead by now anyway.

Thekherham

The Alien Writer
Registered
Reaction score
5657 Brežendra Rd., Treskebhar, Te’hănys, Alharhan
I thought this thread had died a quiet death and would be buried somewhere on Page 7 or 8 by now.

I'm not going to bother to explain too much anymore, because it seems that people are getting the wrong impression. All I will say is that a) he is not a furry, b) he is not a centaur. The nearest description I can give is that he is like a faun or a satyr, but instead of having his lower part (from the waist down) like that of a goat, it is like that of a horse. Most of the novel is not concerned with sex, or bestiality, or whatever you want to call it.

Despite the many negative comments, I am writing it, and I will continue to write it. So let's bury this, shall we? I'm sure there are more up-to-date topics to talk about.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The best way to bury something it to stop digging it up and adding further provocative statements.

Furry, in my neck of the woods, encompasses any being that combines human and non-human animal characteristics.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Write what you want to write. I believe there is an audience out there for everything, no matter what the theme is or who the genitals belong to. It seems though, getting an agent for the normal stuff is hard enough, but who knows unless you try. Like it was stated earlier, in mythology these things happened and were accepted and still being published today. If you can pull the storyline along with this character and it flows ok, why not. It sounds like an original concept. Good luck.

RGame

Some guy
Registered
Reaction score
Thekherham, I don't know about the sex part, but your idea can work fine. Take a look at "The Minotaur Takes a Cigarette Break." It's about a half-human, half-bull who works at a restaurant and the half-human thing is hardly ever mentioned. The other characters just accept that he's the way he is. The minotaur was in love with a human woman in the story, but the book was written well enough that if he had sought out a horse out of loneliness and/or his inability to get the girl, I would have bought it and not been repulsed or anything.

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Write whatever you want, however you want.

If your protag say #uck every other word, write it. You better establish an identity that will make it acceptable.

If your nice old granny dropped a rock on her toe she wouldn't say it.

If your gun toting thug did, he would.

If you feel you must make this two sided character have sex with someone, establish why he must.

I don't think him just trotting around poking everything he sees, will fly.

Be true to the character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth George's book Write Away