Becoming self-aware of self-gratification in your writing--using wishes to help world-build but avoid regrets.

Catriona Grace

Mind the thorns
Registered
Reaction score
Plus, Ron was portrayed as a whiny, jealous abusive git. Early on, well, he was a kid, and he did have that thing with being the youngest boy in a huge family with all these older brothers (and the twins were pretty mean to him) and a best friend who always got the limelight and another best friend who was lots smarter and harder working. But he was such as ass later on in the book, what with not realizing Hermione was actually a girl in book 4 until AFTER someone else asked her to the dance and she showed up all prettied up. It sort of implied his feelings for her were just one more aspect of his jealous nature.

This. I thought Harry was pretty whiny and self-absorbed, too, but never nearly as irritating as Ron. I don't know what Hermione wanted with either of them.

Reactions: Lea123 and llyralen

llyralen

Registered
Reaction score
except - EXCEPT! - “self-gratification” is nun-speak for masturbation, which is why all those silly girls are giggling up the back. Stop that giggling, at once! 👵
LOL!

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
This. I thought Harry was pretty whiny and self-absorbed, too, but never nearly as irritating as Ron. I don't know what Hermione wanted with either of them.
Friendship. As a muggle and a nerd, she wasn't exactly popular with the other kids, girls or boys. She didn't have any close female friends either, at least until Ginny and Luna were more developed as characters in the later books.

That part rings more true, at least. Kids will often hang out with whoever will hang out with them.

Catriona Grace

Mind the thorns
Registered
Reaction score
Friendship. As a muggle and a nerd, she wasn't exactly popular with the other kids, girls or boys. She didn't have any close female friends either, at least until Ginny and Luna were more developed as characters in the later books.

That part rings more true, at least. Kids will often hang out with whoever will hang out with them.
(Let me remove my tongue from my cheek.)

Got it. ;)

Reactions: llyralen