BBC ScriptSmart

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This isn't a major question, but I thought I'd ask in case someone happens to know. I have Movie Magic Screenwriter, but I also have the BBC ScriptSmart software (US version). I actually like ScriptSmart for stageplays, plus it's handy when I'm using another computer and I don't have MM Screenwriter loaded on that computer.

Anyway, when I first got ScriptSmart it asks for your name, contact information, etc. I was just testing it out at the time so I just typed the information in quickly. There was a typo or two. I didn't care at the time.

Ever since then, whenever I start something new, it loads in the old information, complete with typos. I can easily fix it, of course, but it's just an annoyance. I've tried removing the original ScriptSmart files and downloading it again . . . but it keeps the old information.

Does anyone know how to get rid of all the old information and just start again?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Sorry, I don't know the actual answer, I tried ScriptSmart too earlier this year but that was on my old kaput laptop.

Wild shot in the dark -- there wouldn't be a user profile left lying around in your Word subdirectory after you uninstalled ScriptSmart, would there? I'm thinking that if you go into c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office or \Templates (or wherever your MS Word software resides) via Windows Explore and sort files by last modified, maybe something with a recent date might pop to the top of the list?

-Derek

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, Derek, I don't think that's it. But . . . you gave me an idea. I think I might have found the file I needed to delete. I'll try it and see if that works.

Thanks.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finally figured this little problem out. Running Script Smart the first time actually changed the properties settings for the basic Word template. In trying to fix the problem I had gone back and deleted the Script Smart template . . . without ever thinking I need to change the other template as well.

Live and learn.