• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Barry Goldblatt Literary

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
I queried Joe Monti on 4/24, and I haven't heard back from him yet. I'll keep you guys posted!

Good luck to everybody else as well!

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Joe Monti on 4/28. On QueryTracker. He's not yet answered any queries, while Beth Fleischer has. I waffled between the two, then decided on putting Joe's name at the top of the letter. Maybe Beth would have been a better choice. Still, it's not been all that long, so patience is in order.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
I initially snail mailed BG before the news of the new agents, and got no repsonse. I assume that it never made it since I've heard he replies to everyone. So I queried Joe Monti on 04/27 and haven't heard anything yet, like everyone else. But I'll keep you all posted.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
i queried this guy on the 30th of april. Still no response. He's top of my list, so fingers crossed.

neener

Cleaning is overrated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janinesclayson.blogspot.com
I snail queried BG in March before the new agent news broke. Just got a positive response from Beth asking to see more. Will keep everyone posted on how the timing works out.

I am trying to hope in a calm, pragmatic way. Ha!

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
I snail queried BG in March before the new agent news broke. Just got a positive response from Beth asking to see more. Will keep everyone posted on how the timing works out.

Bet you still did the happy dance, didn't you? lol:snoopy:

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com

Congrats on your request!

Sounds like the agents have been pretty swamped recently. Hopefully we all hear back soon.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Congrats! Did she email you the request or did it come back from your SASE? I heard BG used to do it that way sometimes.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I totally did a happy dance. Naturally.
I got an email. I think that they've switched totally to email now?

Yeah, they have. I sent something to BG snail mail in early March but got no response. Then saw that they said if they haven't replied in 4 wks then try again...or something like that. So I e-queried at the end of April...hope to hear something soon.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, I just got a rejection from the snail mail query I sent a few months ago, so it seems they did get it. Now, I just have to wait for the rejection from the email I sent to Joe Monti-lol.

neener

Cleaning is overrated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janinesclayson.blogspot.com
Well, I just got a rejection from the snail mail query I sent a few months ago, so it seems they did get it. Now, I just have to wait for the rejection from the email I sent to Joe Monti-lol.

Sorry to hear that!

At least they reply. I really hate the no-reply places. Understandable, but I hate it!

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to hear when anybody gets a reply from Joe Monti. At least I'd know that he is reading his submissions.

Dang it! Query Tracker appears to have been attacked by hamthrax or whatever and I can't keep track on subs. I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms. Well, time to hit the cardboardenay (white) or cardboardnet (red) for a bit of self-medicating.

Manix

Mutatis mutandis
Registered
Reaction score
Their website indicates they give preference to exclusive submissions (must type the word "exclusive" into the subject line) but they don't require exclusives. That may explain the delayed response times..?

Also, they indicate that if you query one agent specifically, that agent may/might/will pass the query around the office to someone else. You can indicate your preference, but it says, "If you query one of us, you're querying us all."

AyJay

Luv's Conscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
andrewjpeterswrites.com
Synopsis?

Hi folks,

I'm considering querying this agency for a YA-fantasy. Their submission guidelines say send: "query letter, synopsis of the book and first 5 pages of the manuscript" all embedded in the e-mail. Are people sending a real, 2-3 page synopsis? I'm wondering if I can interpret synopsis (optomistically) as the paragraph or so summary in my letter. I have a synopsis but ugh, it ain't no great shakes.

??

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm considering querying this agency for a YA-fantasy. Their submission guidelines say send: "query letter, synopsis of the book and first 5 pages of the manuscript" all embedded in the e-mail. Are people sending a real, 2-3 page synopsis? I'm wondering if I can interpret synopsis (optomistically) as the paragraph or so summary in my letter. I have a synopsis but ugh, it ain't no great shakes.

??

I don't know what other people do, but when they say synopsis, I send the full one (which, for me, was harder to write than the darned book!)....I have a "short" 2 paragraph synopsis in the query letter (such as you would see on a bookcover).

Works for me, I have several full and partials out there.

Mel A.

settling in with my red pen . . .
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what other people do, but when they say synopsis, I send the full one (which, for me, was harder to write than the darned book!)....I have a "short" 2 paragraph synopsis in the query letter (such as you would see on a bookcover).

Works for me, I have several full and partials out there.
Same here. If submission guidelines actually list a synopsis as part of the required package, I include a separate one (mine is about two, double-spaced pages), in addition to the two-paragraph overview in the query letter. I figure if they ask for the synopsis, they want to know how the story ends (which isn't usually part of the query letter).

claena

Heather Petty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
heatherwpetty.com
Hi folks,

??

I sent them an equery + 2-page synop + first 5 pages last week and just got a full request.

*happy dances with abandon... coughs... resumes serious face*

But I think they want the whole thing. And my synopsis isn't that great either. I think they just want a general look into the direction of the entire story arc.

If you want, I could send you mine so you could feel better about yours. ahahahaha