Back Cover blurb review please?

NikkiB89

Registered
Reaction score
I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I've never written a back cover blurb and description before, and I wanted to ask if this sounded ok. Would this draw you in to read more? The title of my novel is The Devil's Trill.

She devoted her life to studying demons. She never knew one of them was studying her.

At a young age, Kayla’s sister tried to scare her by showing her a horror movie about demons. Instead, it grew into a fascination, and then a career. Now, as an adult, Kayla travels around the globe studying demonology and possession beliefs from every culture imaginable. Though enriching, her career has convinced her beyond a shadow of a doubt that demons aren’t real. Until she meets Elisa Watkins.

Elisa’s possession is like nothing Kayla has ever seen before…and she’s seen everything. Kayla tries to believe that the seventeen-year-old is simply faking for attention, a bid for her fifteen minutes of fame, but Kayla’s convictions start to waver the more time she spends in Elisa’s presence. Elisa knows thing about Kayla’s past that she couldn’t possibly be able to know. And then there’s that haunting violin song…

Kayla begins to question everything: her training, her sanity, if any of the stories she’s researched might actually be true. Shaken to her core, Kayla is desperate to find answers. But this demon, if he is real, might not be the deadliest threat that Kayla is facing.

KBooks

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! The place for critting blurbs is SYW. You can post them in the same thread as Query Letter Hell, and just specify that it's a blurb, not a query.

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
I was directed to post blurbs in the Show Your Work forum, under Query Letter Hell. I got good input there.