B&N said no

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it's all true, and we don't want the B&N stores that have stocked it to feel badly - and Dave had a great point that it could set a precedent for PA - except in reality this is a book where noone but the charity profits - a noteable difference - but I do understand pa can turn sham pain into champagne.

I still think we could in small letters mention in the blog that we had a setback. Woe and misery for us, B&N are not going to stock the book nationally because... and why not link that to PA too? both worthy causes forwarded.

Nice as pie might be the best way, especially if those branches that do stock the book get to feed back the level of their success and maybe the decision might change - or it might change if a different bookseller began to stock it.

We'll just have to get our national coverage some other way - anyone want to handstand their way from east to west coast? :ROFL:

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of coverage - anyone in travelling vicinity of the major tv studios, especially the Oprah studio and other such programmes - that's the place where flyers in lots of windows might have a very cool bonus attached. Can anyone get there and do that?

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
I just saw this--ugh!

I had a quit chat with the community relations manager at my local B&N on Sat., gave her a copy and she seemed very receptive--suggested Feb. for a signing. I did tell one of the other folks there that it was published through Lulu, but not her. I am going to get in touch with her today and see if they are game or not, and if so try to set a date.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with that, GW. Crossing my fingers and sending good vibes to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Book