Not open for further replies.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I'll have a diet, virgin rum-and-coke. On the rocks, please.
*slides drink along counter* Here ya go, diet coke with plenty of ice. Drink up but not too fast!

And don't worry about the general chaos in here. It's not actually chaos, it just looks that way when you're new. Yes, that's it. Definitely.

rekirts

NOooooo!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm not actually new, but it's been so many years since I've been here that I might as well be. I haven't been writing much in the last few years, but I'm starting to feel the itch and need an extra little kick of motivation. I'm hoping I'll find it here.

Looking forward to looking around the (new) old place.

Reactions: Izz

Lea123

Reliably forgetful
Registered
Reaction score
Evenin'!

A berry cider for me I think... I don't mind the odd pint or dash of rum but I've yet to find anything stronger that I can tolerate. If I'm going to get my head stuck in a toilet seat (again), I want to at least enjoy what I'm knocking back.

Always wanted to be that cool biker chick that sits in one of those pirate-esque bars drinking whiskey but alas, it's not to be.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Always wanted to be that cool biker chick that sits in one of those pirate-esque bars drinking whiskey but alas, it's not to be.
I was that chick, motorcycle, whiskey, and all. I was gonna say it's not all it's cracked up to be, but honestly? It really was a lot of fun. :D

Reactions: Lea123 and AW Admin

Lea123

Reliably forgetful
Registered
Reaction score
I was that chick, motorcycle, whiskey, and all. I was gonna say it's not all it's cracked up to be, but honestly? It really was a lot of fun. :D
This makes me want to keep on dreaming the biker chick dream. :greenie I'd settle for a Rosa Diaz vibe as a happy middle ground.

Reactions: MacAllister

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Hi! I'm not actually new, but it's been so many years since I've been here that I might as well be. I haven't been writing much in the last few years, but I'm starting to feel the itch and need an extra little kick of motivation. I'm hoping I'll find it here.

Looking forward to looking around the (new) old place.
Welcome back, rekirts! It's kinda great to return to old haunts and find they're still going strong (or in AW's case, stronger than ever :D) many years later, isn't it?

rekirts

NOooooo!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, rekirts! It's kinda great to return to old haunts and find they're still going strong (or in AW's case, stronger than ever :D) many years later, isn't it?
It sure is! A lot of groups I belonged to in those days didn't stand the test of time.

BTW, I'll just have a vodka and soda with lime, hold the vodka. ;)

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
It sure is! A lot of groups I belonged to in those days didn't stand the test of time.

BTW, I'll just have a vodka and soda with lime, hold the vodka. ;)
Here you go! With extra lime! In fact, it's served to you in a really large scooped-out lime. Just imagine the biggest lime you've ever seen and triple it, no, quadruple it!

• Haha
Reactions: rekirts

TBWrites

Registered
Reaction score
Can stay, I have to get back to writing my commercial thriller novel. You know, the one that will bring me fame and fortune. The unpublished writer strikes it big with his first novel. That one!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Can stay, I have to get back to writing my commercial thriller novel. You know, the one that will bring me fame and fortune. The unpublished writer strikes it big with his first novel. That one!
Well, I'll tell you one thing, you can't strike it big with your first novel if you don't write it so I'll cheer you on: :TheWave:

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Hello! New here and very overwhelmed. Maybe a I should try a new drink as well, what do you suggest?
My suggestions for helping with the overwhelmed feeling (I remember feeling the same way when I discovered AW way back when) are to spend more time reading than posting, and to take it all in at your own pace. Too, bookmarking the subforums you're likely to spend more time in can help you too, because that means you can go straight to them.

In the meantime, well, how about *your favorite fruit* with *your favorite cold beverage*? Alcohol optional :)

Reactions: rileyariel

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Izz, are you pouring? I'll have a stiff anything.

I finish work today ~5 pm. Then I have to come back in at 10 pm for 10 minutes. Then I have to come back in at 4 am for ten minutes. Then I have to be back in at 8:30 for a full-on day. Lather, rinse, repeat for Wed, Thurs, Fri.

And my commute is 40 minutes each time. Sooooo glad I drive a hybrid!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Izz, are you pouring? I'll have a stiff anything.
Here you go *slides a Stiff Anything down the counter* Don't ask me what's in it. I purposely closed my eyes when grabbing and pouring the bottles. Actually, considering how much liquid there is here on the counter I'm not sure there's anything in your glass.
I finish work today ~5 pm. Then I have to come back in at 10 pm for 10 minutes. Then I have to come back in at 4 am for ten minutes. Then I have to be back in at 8:30 for a full-on day. Lather, rinse, repeat for Wed, Thurs, Fri.

And my commute is 40 minutes each time. Sooooo glad I drive a hybrid!
Whutt? You've got to go in twice during the night for just 10 minutes at a time? That's just nashty!

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. I'm working on bribing my Head Minion to do the 4 am bits, and in return I'll give her entire days of time-off-in-lieu. So far the offer of chocolate brownies and lemon tarts haven't swayed her, but I'm betting carrot cake will do the trick. :D

And probably just as well the glass was empty. I am still at work, after all!

• Haha

Jo Taylor

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yay! My kind of board. May I have a Gin and Tonic, please? New here. I love what you've done with the place.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Oh yay! My kind of board. May I have a Gin and Tonic, please? New here. I love what you've done with the place.
Welcome! *tosses Gin & Tonic over*

Yep, AW's a great place, all right. While you're enjoying your beverage, please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied threads at the top of each forum place. They'll help you get a feel for the forum rules, plus the culture and etiquette of the spaces within :)

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.