AW Fall Fund Drive

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
It's time, again, for our fund-drive. It's hard to express how much I hate doing these. And I know that in these very tricky times of ongoing pandemic, a lot of us are struggling just to keep our own heads above water, and I completely understand that -- but if you can chip in for AW's ongoing expenses, that would be terrific.

Our BIG goal is to upgrade the forum software and migrate to Xenforo, shortly after the first of the year. AW Admin has done a great deal of research into this potential move, and it would solve a BUNCH of problems we experience with VBulletin, as well as hardening our DDOS protections, as well as being much more nimble and responsive.

Stay safe, everyone, be well, and if you've already chipped in or signed up for ongoing monthly support, thank you SO much. We wouldn't still be here, without you.

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalmedievalist.com
PayPal does collect a fee. You can write a check to Absolute Write and send it here:

Absolute Write
8911 Vernon Road
PMB #165
Lake Stevens WA 98258

And thank you. This is going to be expensive, because we're moving a very large database from one forum software to another, and we're going to have to use a different backup method as well; we'll be paying someone to help with that and with hardening the server.

I'm accessing AW, and working on the server, via my phone as a mobile hot spot a lot of the time. I don't want to even think about doing the move that way.

ChaseJxyz

Writes birds and bird accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
I don't have a checkbook and I know how villainous PayPal can be with fees n such. Are the fields in forums/payments.php only for PayPal or are there other options? Payday is Friday so I'll be donating once that comes through.

Featured Book