Status
Not open for further replies.

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
I just clicked the first link and got a 'this website is not available' message. Could it be the host has already removed it? Or maybe there's too much traffic of authors seeing if their books are there? Of course, maybe it's just a temporary glitch.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, me too. Not available. The website, that is.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Yola has removed it - a fellow Loose Id author who also happens to have their site hosted by Yola emailed to complain and according to their reply that wasn't the only complaint. They say they removed the site after the first complaint they got.

I never got on it before it came down but someone said there were even Harlequin books on there. Who would want to bring down the wrath and lawyers of a company that size on their head? Idiots.

Last edited:

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
Yola has removed it - a fellow Loose Id author who also happens to have their site holted by Yola emailed to complain and according to their reply that wasn't the only complaint. They say they removed the site after the first complaint they got.

Kudos to Yola. :)

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Another item added to the list of things I never need to worry about.

caw

Sure, you don't need to worry about it. Until pirates make publishing so unprofitable that publishers stop offering decent advances/cut down on the number of books they publish, or series are dropped because people are stealing copies rather than buying them so they become unprofitable...

Oh, wait.

EVERYONE WHO READS OR WRITES BOOKS NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT PIRACY DOES TO AUTHORS AND PUBLISHERS.

EVERYONE.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
If I may, I think he was joking about the dim upside of as-yet constant rejection. That's the way I read it, anyway.

Maybe. But he has a frustrating habit of dropping this little "woe is me" one-liner multiple times a day. It's getting tiresome.

I might be taking it personally because my own books, that I worked freaking hard on, were stolen and pirated by this person. I dunno. I just don't find it something to joke about.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
that's how i read it too. he's a dry but funny guy. no malice intended is my thought and really, until last month i might have made the same remark. now i want the pirates strung up by their balls! or toes, whichever applies--s6

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Maybe. But he has a frustrating habit of dropping this little "woe is me" one-liner multiple times a day. It's getting tiresome.

I might be taking it personally because my own books, that I worked freaking hard on, were stolen and pirated by this person. I dunno. I just don't find it something to joke about.
Okay. I'm not trying to get your back up. Tiresome as it may be, do spare a thought for back when you would have liked to have had a different set of problems other than the pile of rejections you had to process.

I don't think any of us wannabes are laughing at your plight; only at ours.

Deleted member 42

Another item added to the list of things I never need to worry about.

blacbird it doesn't always have to be about you, does it?

For someone who lives by their pen, this is pretty awful. These books really do represent lost sales.

If the only income you have is writing income, this news makes your stomach hurt.

Deleted member 42

I just clicked the first link and got a 'this website is not available' message. Could it be the host has already removed it? Or maybe there's too much traffic of authors seeing if their books are there? Of course, maybe it's just a temporary glitch.

It's gone.

I sent a fairly lengthy complaint, and I'm darn sure I'm not the only one.

They replied around 2 am, my time.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Apologies for my remark. It was made in jest, but wasn't appropriate. I am most certainly no defender of copyright infringement or piracy.

caw

I apologize, too. I had a kneejerk reaction based on stress, and it wasn't appropriate, either. And I definitely didn't mean to imply I thought you were pro-piracy.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Hang on, hang on... I'm not entirely anti-piracy.

johnnydepp22.jpg

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Hey, I'm at work so I can't link but as of late last night she was selling pdfs of all the books (yes even Harlequins) via her facebook and twitter account. Search under her name. I don't have it on me, but I retweeted someone else's warning about it in my twitter feed (same name as my user name here) if you want to look it up.

You can't comment on her facebook wall without being her friend, but you can comment on her photos. I'm not saying go at her with the pitchforks and torches, but maybe someone can involve her in a dialogue as to why she thinks she can do this she might voluntarily stop it.

If I remember correctly a few months back there was another woman selling off facebook and once someone brought it to her attention *POLITELY* that what she was doing was wrong and hurting people (I mean DUH really!), she was mortified and stopped immediately.

If anyone knows how to file a complaint to Facebook or Twitter if you DM me how to do it, I'll be glad to add my voice.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Wow. Some people can't see the difference between selling your extra copy of 'The Joy of Cooking' at the neighborhood yard sale from churning out PDFs of a book to all comers.

Just wow.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Apologies for my remark. It was made in jest, but wasn't appropriate. I am most certainly no defender of copyright infringement or piracy.

caw

Thanks for doing this; it actually does help.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
Facebook does have a place to complain, and you can tag any of her @s on Twitter promoting her book sales as spam. If you report her enough, eventually Twitter will shut her down (though she might end up just making another username, ugh).

Don't have the URLs handy, but I am sure you can find them if you look hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.