• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

ASA Publishing Company

Authorsview

Registered
Reaction score
I saw that on Nancy Grace today and Nancy threw one woman off the panel. That was quite funny.

That was Loyalty or CaoPaux who was thrown off the panel. She had everybody going for awhile. I was almost fooled until she started talking about who she was, and admitted to all of us in detail that she was Helen Bradley in so many ways.

The show for July 1st isn't up on their site yet. When it comes, I expect it'll be here: http://www.swiftjustice.com/case_files/2011-06-20

I saw the show and I learned more about the two authors on that show and remembered they reversed rolls on Detroit 4 News. The author Leon made some great points about publishing. No one gave the publisher a chance to speak, but I thought I heard him tell Nancy to look at the title page and she refused, why? When you see it, find out why from your view. I personally think he got shafted, and I believe you will see how they did it.

I saw the show and it was hilarious. She said that her book sold in Japan. Nancy didn't know that just because you see a book displayed online does not mean it was sold. Lightning Source is POD. Now when you see it, you will see a different view than what Loyalty or CaoPaux said. By the way, she was the one who got kicked off the panel.

It's video news, so I don't know how long the link will be active.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/25043381/index.html

The headline: the guy in charge of this vanity outfit was not paying royalties, so the writers sued. He lost. His on camera panic attack is kind of entertaining.

The ASA offices in Detroit were closed. The landlord said rent was unpaid. They have a Michigan office on the website.

Probably NOT a good idea to go with this one!

I wonder who crafted this strange description of the humble ISBN:

Just in our Basic Package we provide that minimum level of publishing, including an ISBN that pushes even the simplest doorway of distribution outlets like having a positive distribution database system working with and through several available worldwide connected distributors like Ingram, Baker & Taylor, and/or Partners, etc. ...read more in the brochure.

Um, no, I'll pass. I need eye bleach.

The publisher won his judgement. The author was forced by the judge to take her books back. She always knew where her books were. She, who is Loyalty or CaoPaux, according to her statement had everyone believe that this publisher did her wrong, but she left her books at the book event that his publishing house gave her with the books that he published for her. She left some of the books and did not tell others the truth that she did until now. There was a picture showing her with her books.

On channel 4 the publisher said there was a modification, a judgement, Karen ignored it, months later, the publisher is the one who won. The books were on the set, Karen could have remained neutral and offered the books to her. There are so many missing pieces to the truth. If Helen won, what did she win? No royalties, and the court forced her to take her books back.

She was right about one thing, he did stop payment, but that was because any busines would have to temporarily shut down from all the stalking and harassment. Loyalty did mention that she did get a PPO from the publisher. Why? Just adding the math.

Here is another thought. If the other lady complained of editing by his editor, why would she have the same editor edit the book again and then sue the publisher after the book is published, why not before?

Ha, that woman's cover is waaaay better than any at PA. But that must have been a pretty low budget outfit if $271.50 drove them out of business. Funny...

They had to temporarily shutdown from all the false harrassment. The publishing house has moved on and has a television show that helps 'All" authors freely promote their books on two cable channels and on youtube. www.asapubnews.com

The publisher has been making awesome book trailers for his authors. Check out this one ASA Publishing did http://youtu.be/D1QxXUoVoy0

He claims that there weren't any royalties (because there weren't any sales). The suit was over failure to deliver printed books. He was ordered to repay the cost of printing that the author had paid.

Had those folks looked at Preditors & Editors they would have read, "ASA Publishing Company: Not recommended. A vanity publisher."

The books were delivered. The author purposely left them at the bookstore. It was overturned and the judgement was an order for her to take her books back. I found out why ASA was not recommended. It was because they charge a fee. The difference is that they provide book signings with major bookstores until that lady decides not to tell people that she picked up the books from the publisher's office and mailed them to the bookstore. Then sat with her own books and did not take all of them with her and put Barnes and Noble in an awkard position. Now everyone think it was the publisher's fault or a scammer. I was mad at him for not speaking up. Is he a Christian or something for not standing up for himself? I know he must have learned his lesson by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Authorsview, welcome to AW. There's a lot here for writers and publishers to enjoy and learn from. Meanwhile, let me draw your attention to a previous post in this discussion, made by an AW moderator, Stacia Kane. She made a very important point and we should all remember it:

We are not part of this situation. We have no connection to any of the principals involved. This forum is not the place for your personal disputes. Please don't try to use us as a stick with which to beat someone with whom you have a problem.

As for your posts here: I could claim that you are an inflatable pink elephant who eats nothing but bananas. I could write a very convincing argument in favour of this, but no matter how convincing an argument I wrote, it would not be true.

Please provide citations or references for the judgements you claim have been made in favour of ASA Publishing, or stop making those claims. Because without any citations or references, I am going to assume that they are your equivalent of my inflatable, banana-eating pink elephant.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score

Authorsview

Registered
Reaction score
Authorsview, welcome to AW. There's a lot here for writers and publishers to enjoy and learn from. Meanwhile, let me draw your attention to a previous post in this discussion, made by an AW moderator, Stacia Kane. She made a very important point and we should all remember it:

As for your posts here: I could claim that you are an inflatable pink elephant who eats nothing but bananas. I could write a very convincing argument in favour of this, but no matter how convincing an argument I wrote, it would not be true.

Please provide citations or references for the judgements you claim have been made in favour of ASA Publishing, or stop making those claims. Because without any citations or references, I am going to assume that they are your equivalent of my inflatable, banana-eating pink elephant.
I'm going to do better than that...That lady said that she never got her books (who is Loyalty or CaoPaux by the way, on this site) but a picture was taken of her with her books http://yfrog.com/h0m6xrlj . So she lied on ASA and the pictures surfaced up a month after she was on Channel 4 Detroit saying that they kept her books from her. Here is that motion http://yfrog.com/h0m6xrlj . Here is the court date for that motion http://yfrog.com/h0m6xrlj . And here is the judment for that motion being satisfied http://yfrog.com/h0m6xrlj . What I like to know is why did she leave all her books at that store on consignment and then cried wolf. According to the evidence that publishing house should sue her for constantly interfering with the business after court was over, which is the right and legal thing to do. That publisher needs a pair of dangling twins and stop letting people run over him.

At first I wasn't sure about ASA Publishing Company, but when I saw evidence slowing popping up, I started adding the math and then seen another side of the painting. I asked them if I could help them with their proof for a while, but after all this, I am starting to get mad because I don't know what that publisher is waiting for. He has a new case that he can clear his company's name, but I suppose he just want to move forward and let them continue with false claims. Sound stupid to me, but that is just my opinion.

Is Helen Bradley-Hall- Loyalty or CaoPaux or both? Any-hoo...Isn't she a publisher? I know I'm done with all this baby mama drama. But seeing her get booted off of Nancy Grace was hilarious!

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Loyalty and CaoPaux are different users. I'm not sure why you think otherwise.

Deleted member 42

CauPaux is not Loyalty.

CaoPaux is a Super Moderator, and a Moderator for this specific forum on Absolute Write.

Loyalty left a string of posts on CaoPaux's User Profile Visitor's Messages and CauPaux moved them here.

vikingmaiden

The Evergreen Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
I feel sorry for any author who has been fooled by this. There seems no end to the levels of depravity these scams will go to defraud writers.

loyalty

Banned
Reaction score
Look authorsview/steven of ASA. I am so done with steven read newsvine, ASA admitted those were not my books I was forced to take. Why are you so stuck on clearing ASA whats in it for you? I have moved on published my other book, no one is think on ASA. Stop keeping up drama this is old news. Leave me alone! Steven know the truth and so does God. Coax and I are different folks ok. MOVE ON! THIS HAD NOTHIN TO DO WITH U!

U added wrong authorsview I still have the reprinted books ASA bought during court to cover their asses! so what are you talking about u need a life buddy!

Is that all you got. So what Nancy should have had control of steven, he made that entire case about me instead of who was there suing him and he lost in her court too! LOL

I am the woman Authorsview is speaking of,

I can provide proof that ASA lied, and authorsview didn't you write author publisher bamboozled? Stop back tracking.

http://asapubnews.newsvine.com/_new...y-and-former-author-both-have-been-bamboozled

Here is the link to proof Authorsviews claims are all false, here is the link the publishing company themselves admitted to given the author books that were not her's Which author Helen Bradley Hall said from day one. So how did I cry wolve?

Authorsview read this before u flap yo grill next time. You on here bashing me, for an issue that had nothing to do with you, but yet you talking.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I am the woman Authorsview is speaking of,

Really? Duh.

Authorsview read this before u flap yo grill next time. You on here bashing me, for an issue that had nothing to do with you, but yet you talking.

Both of you need to stop this. This forum is not the place for your antics.

loyalty

Banned
Reaction score
Stacey no offense but no one is talking to you, first off no one is having an antic.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Stacey no offense but no one is talking to you, first off no one is having an antic.
I think someone needs to take a deep breath and step away from this conversation. I feel a time out in the air...

I feel bad for your situation and all that you've been through, but as everyone else said (including the moderators who are wise and patient beyond reason) this forum is not the place to air your continual grievances.

The same goes for Authorsview and the sarcastic and petty sniping.

We get it. You guys don't like each other. Time to move on to better and brighter things like new writing projects or hobbies.

Loyalty, hang in there, look to the future, and learn from` this experience. I urge you to take advantage of all of the great writing tips and threads here at AW. It's a great community for writers.

Cheers.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
And on that wise and sane note, I'm locking the thread for the night.

loyalty

Banned
Reaction score
Water cooler ASA & AUTHORS VIEW

You all here talk a lot of smack, It's ok for you all to spread folks business in here, but when a person get's in here to defend themselves its a problem. Everyone here mind your damn buisness stay out of mind. I saw what I want too on her, you don't like what I say don't read it. To everyone who committed on my post to authorsview, KISS MY ASS! I say what I want.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Allrighty then.

:popcorn:

Thread closing in

three....two...

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Always spellcheck before posting.

-Derek

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Loyalty will be leaving us now. Threads merged and left locked for time being.