• U.S. members: The Federal Government is offering each household in the United States four (4) free at-home Covid-19 test kits. https://www.covidtests.gov/

Are you or have you ever been close to being trade published?

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

redstick

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimriley.net
Ah. That would explain it. Thanks.

I don't understand what kind of publisher they are? Not vanity - but I don't know a trade pub who would schedule ten books at a time unless you were something quite extraordinary. (Not saying you're not, but -) are they trade? Self pub? hybrid?
They are a trade publisher, at least with me. I don't know the experiences of others. I have paid nothing & have received commissions. I was wary when I got the offer (it was actually for 59 books). I thought it had to be a joke. It turns out that it was the best offer of those I received. I'm a Christian and believes it could only be because of the Great Author in the Sky. They have been outstanding, releasing over 25 books so far. I never expected hardcover books and having them translated into Spanish. I have another dozen in the pipeline with them. Will get to the others in the coming year. Hope this answers your question. I don't mean to pump up Gum Shoe (that's why I didn't mention them in my post), only share my experience.

Reactions: mccardey

redstick

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimriley.net
Ah. That would explain it. Thanks.

I don't understand what kind of publisher they are? Not vanity - but I don't know a trade pub who would schedule ten books at a time unless you were something quite extraordinary. (Not saying you're not, but -) are they trade? Self pub? hybrid?

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Next Chapter was formerly Creativia. There's a BR&BC thread about it here.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
We're dying on different hills :)

There should be a song about us - something lovely and sad, but with a touch of brittle wit and just lashings of stubborn.
Are there any hills available for those of us who still cringe when we hear the word "data" used as a singular word? I know the dictionaries now say either is acceptable, and the science reporting world is overwhelmingly saying "the data suggests" instead of "the data suggest," but the former still makes me twitchy.

mccardey

wear a mask
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are there any hills available for those of us who still cringe when we hear the word "data" used as a singular word? I know the dictionaries now say either is acceptable, and the science reporting world is overwhelmingly saying "the data suggests" instead of "the data suggest," but the former still makes me twitchy.
Oh look, mccardey! A whole new hill!

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I have a new hill. It's quite flat.

The country music festival about to start here in FNQ is called 'Savannah in the Round', which makes no sense unless -- and I suppose this is possible -- everyone is coming to look at the savannah and the music is just a backdrop.

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
  • Love
Reactions: BenPanced and Maryn

Elizabeth George's book Write Away