Are we allowed to say who rejected our query letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAngelwithnowings

I was wondering....

Are we able to post who rejected our query letter?

Or is there some legal reason stating why we cannot?

Greenwolf103

Hi,

I don't think you would be held legally accountable by posting the name of somewhere you've been rejected from, unless you also post claims against this person/company that are not true or can be taken into a different context. If you post something like "Rabbi Weekly rejected me because they only take articles from people that bribe them!" then you can be sued for defamation. Other than that, if you're going to say something like "Rabbi Weekly just rejected me" then I think there won't be any harm.

May I ask why you want to post who you were rejected by?

Rejection happens for a variety of reasons. Often, it's nothing personal. And sometimes the editor is just in a bad mood. It happens.

Hope that helps. :)

MrAngelwithnowings

Manus & Associates Literary Agency

Manus & Associates Literary Agency rejected my email query.

It was my first query and my first rejection. I wasn't upset in the least.

I did not understand what a query letter was when i tested it out by emailing one.

I came here and learned SO much more LOL

If I knew then what I know now, I would have deleted my entire query email and redid the whole thing. I would have researched deeper on what TYPES of manuscripts each agency was currently seeking also.

On a good note, they said they did not feel they were the correct agent.

They strongly encouraged me to keep submitting and that I might have a best seller in my handsl.

Oh well...

If only my autobiography was chick lit..

:rofl

absolutewrite

Re: Manus & Associates Literary Agency

Sounds like an encouraging rejection! And you have exactly the right attitude. Sounds like you're learning fast.

Greenwolf103

Re: Manus & Associates Literary Agency

Definitely! :)

Keep on keepin' on! And good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.