ARC Services

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I’m currently considering self-publishing and am currently overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information/services out there. I decided to pick one area and start there, hoping it would help alleviate my confusion.

There are so many services where you can send out Advance Review Copies: Netgallery, Hidden Gems, Booklife to name a few. Have anyone on this board used one of these service? If so, which one did you use and how did it affect your sales? Which service would you recommend?

Mjfaraldo

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I’m currently considering self-publishing and am currently overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information/services out there. I decided to pick one area and start there, hoping it would help alleviate my confusion.

There are so many services where you can send out Advance Review Copies: Netgallery, Hidden Gems, Booklife to name a few. Have anyone on this board used one of these service? If so, which one did you use and how did it affect your sales? Which service would you recommend?
I'm part of an ARC team. The author sends us the copies of the books about 2-3 weeks before publication and we then review it so the books comes out with reviews on Goodreads and Kindle (once it's published.)

We don't charge her since we're getting the book for free (even though I always buy it as well.) Didn't even know people charged for this 😕

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I'm going with Netgalley, mostly because the trade publishing people I've dealt with have all obtained their ARCs from Netgalley.

It's hideously expensive, though. I've no idea if it'll be worth it.

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
Would it be possible to use multiple services to get your book into as many hands as possible, or would you be better off picking one and playing?

Krampus Nacht

St. Nicholas and Krampus