• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Appleseeds Management

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Snooks04

Out of the agents that have asked to read my manuscript, this is the only one I cannot find a stinking thing on! The only thing I know so far is that S. James Foiles does rep one very well known author but that's all I found. Anything anyone?

Thanks,

Snooks

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Who's the well-known author? This guy? He has some legit publications in the 1990's, but his recent work appears to be possibly vanity published (BrickHouse Books--says it's a small press, but it runs an "author-subsidy" imprint, which often means that's the only kind of publishing it does, and anyway no agent is needed to submit) or self-published (Galactic Books).

Apart from the fact that these are not sales, John Flynn also seems to be repped by the very reputable Joshua Bilmes of JABberwocky, so it's hard to see why he'd need another agent--unless S. James is maybe repping his screenplay.

I've been getting questions about Appleseeds Management since 2003, and have never been able to find any sales for it. Other than Mr. Flynn's website, S. James doesn't show up anywhere except in online listings. Not a good sign.

- Victoria

Krampus Nacht

St. Nicholas and Krampus