Any other Filipinos here?

mairi

E-pubbed author
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to know if there's any other Filipino writer here. Doesn't matter if you're currently in the Phils or not. :)

DanielArenson

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Mairi. :) I'm not Filipino, but I have many Filipino friends.

EnitaMeadows

Registered
Reaction score
Kumusta ka, Mairi? Ako si Enita! Hindi Pinoy ako, pero mga book characters ko ay Pinoy at magsalita na Tagalog. Gusto kong culture at lore ng Pilipinas, kahit ako'y Amerikana. Self-taught sa Tagalog ako, kaya hindi galing, hehe. ^_^'

I hope you could understand all of that! :p

SoulWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm Filipina! It's so amazing to find other writers that came from the same background as you :)

EnitaMeadows

Registered
Reaction score
Also, I guess I should also add that I'm looking for a Tagalog beta reader for the above mentioned book. Sooooo....if anyone is interested in helping me out with it, I'd surely appreciate it. :3

WinterDusk14

Non-savvy tech writer
Registered
Reaction score
Mabuhay!

Hello!

About time I opened up something from Philippines. Thought there would be more of us, but the only one I saw was a guy that goes by the name of Geraldine, last activity was 2007, so, yeah.

Since my first day here, I've been promoting this place to all my writer friends, sad none of them visits.

Anyway, yeah, hi and all and just that.=D

mark_laverdiere

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Hi, WinterDusk14. I've got a friend who lives in the Philippines, too. I'm Mark Laverdiere, by the way. Married with twins! Talk to you soon!

WinterDusk14

Non-savvy tech writer
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't know my topic merged. Thanks a lot!

Hello Mark! Good to meet you man. I'm not married yet, but will be soon once I've earned enough.=)

Any more kababayan around?

Last edited:

mark_laverdiere

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Hi all. My friend in the Philippines is working with me on the promotion of my second e-book, Why Men are From Earth and Women are not from Venus. She would be happy and excited to know I found you here first!

WinterDusk14

Non-savvy tech writer
Registered
Reaction score
And I'm pretty excited to know that there are other Filipinos out there who're aware of this forum.=D

WinterDusk14

Non-savvy tech writer
Registered
Reaction score
So... what are you guys writing about? Stories like Nick Joaquin or F. Sionil Jose? Or maybe Ricky Lee, who writes Tagalog epic fantasies?

... Something like Tiktik Chronicles?

simplifye

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Mairi - not Filipino, but I'm married to a Filipina, and live currently in Cebu City. Lovely country here, and wonderful people too - I feel blessed to be able to experience your country. Good luck in all your writing endeavors!

Erin Kelly

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinentradakelly.com
I'm an American-born Filipina. In fact, I have a MG book coming out next year that features a Filipino main character! The editors LOVED seeing a submission with a Filipino MC. I think it was the catalyst for my two-book deal.

Find me online and on FB! :) And welcome!

gell214

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I was so excited to see this thread. I honestly thought I was the only one! LOL. I am a Filipina and living the Philippines. Great to know I have fellow FIlipinos here :).

WinterDusk14

Non-savvy tech writer
Registered
Reaction score
I felt the same thing Gell. Always nice to see a kababayan here, especially knowing they're in Philippines.

Last edited:

mairi

E-pubbed author
Registered
Reaction score
I'm an American-born Filipina. In fact, I have a MG book coming out next year that features a Filipino main character! The editors LOVED seeing a submission with a Filipino MC. I think it was the catalyst for my two-book deal.

Find me online and on FB! :) And welcome!

Hi! Congratulations for the book deal! And it's awesome you have a Filipino MC. Honestly, I think that would initially take a lot of guts to query so kudos to you! :)

mairi

E-pubbed author
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see this thread actually came alive. What are you guys writing? :)

thisischiqui

Registered
Reaction score
Hey mga kababayan! I'm Chiqui, mostly Filipino with a tiny hint of Chinese lol. What's up?

Nice to see this thread actually came alive. What are you guys writing? :)

Right now I'm writing (or at least trying to write) a YA Steampunk series with a Filipina heroine. It's been really difficult, especially with all the history research!

WinterDusk14

Non-savvy tech writer
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't written anything in Philippine settings yet. But I do have a couple of projects outlined. One of them is a horror story. Our folklore provides such rich culture about it, it's so hard not to at least try to write about them.

Kriegskanzler

Registered
Reaction score
He-hey! Kamusta, mga kabayan! (Ang formal eh, no?) Glad to see fellow Filipinos in forums like these. :)

Currently living in Manila.