• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Tracker Management (John Roberts)

fedorable1

Hopeless Romantic
Registered
Reaction score
I recently received an email from a John Roberts of Tracker Management. The email address (ending in co.uk) indicates its location. Mr. Roberts asked about a film project I was working on, and requested a synopsis, script, etc.

Anyone heard of this person or this company? I have seen no sign of either online.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
A quick search on Google turns up nothing for John Roberts or Tracker Management. Do you have the website address for them?

Basically, there's no such thing as a stealth agent. An agent with a verifiable sales record will be traceable on the 'net or via any of the reputable screenwriter agency websites. Plus, as M.R.J. Le Blanc said - it's a red flat for an agent to directly solicit a writer unless you are particularly well known in the field.

I'd kick this one into touch and search elsewhere.

MM

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Try running whatever site the email addy goes to (I'm assuming it's not just a toss away like gmail or yahoo) through WhoIs and see what it tells you.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
I would also be suspicious if someone I didn't know just contacted me out of the blue like that. Research carefully! It's all good advice

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
This thread is still the only trace of him.