• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Spencerhill Associates

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
I believe that's Karen Solem's agency. Karen was a much respected editor then left to go into agenting and was with Writers House for a time then moved to or started Spencerhill.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
they're totally legit and seem to have a solid sales track record, from what I've seen.

elknutswife

Obsessive Email Checker
Registered
Reaction score
Jennifer Schober @ Spencerhill Associates

Does anyone have any information on her or the agency? I've read some good things, but have gotten conflicting directions on different websites on how to query.

a_sharp

Somebody give me an A
Registered
Reaction score
Google links reveal email to [email protected], but the web site is under construction--not a good sign of presence. But maybe they just can't be bothered, business is so good. :)

Karen Solem is founder, looks like Jennifer Schober has been aboard since October 2006 and had six sales sometime early this year. You can find snail mail address at Chatham, NY. Best write her there and request submission guidelines.

Also check out what writer Allison Kent has to say.

And writer John Lamb.

Last edited:

elknutswife

Obsessive Email Checker
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks :) Agentquery gave an email saying a query with first 3 as an attachment but querytracker.net said only snail mail, so I thought I'd quadruple check as emails with attachments tend to get deleted with most agents :)

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Schober's 3-chapter attachment sub guideline

Hi --

Has anybody had any problems sending the first 3 chapters of their mss to Jennifer Schober along with their query?

Or any successes, either, for that matter.

It does seem like a counter-intuitive way of submitting an unsolicited query --

:e2paperba

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
My God she seems like an agent made just for me.

SnowyWhite

I queried her via email with an attachment, following the guidelines on AQ. Received nice rejection about 3 weeks later.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all-
Saw this thread's been quiet for awhile and just wanted to see if anyone has queried Jennifer Schober recently. Thanks!

heidi willis

Registered
Reaction score
QueryTracker says as of May 7 she doesn't take unsolicited queries, but Agent Quest still has her listed as taking them.

I'd send one. It can't hurt.

BTW - I had terrific feedback from her, including several very encouraging, personal emails. She requested my full a few months ago but passed. She suggested she would take it on if I changed the POV, but since I have other agents interested, I haven't done that. If my current book doesn't find a home, she's top on my list for the next time around.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Does anyone have info on Karen Solem? She reps Christian and Literary Fiction, which is what my adult novel is. When I queried her the other day, I got this kinda cryptic response..."I am reading at home on Thursdays but will be checking e-mail periodically. I will get back to you when I can."

Just wondering!

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
I just queried Ms. Jennifer Schober today along with an attachment for the first three chapters.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats and good luck bookgirl! :)
I wonder how fast does she respond to queries usually.

bookgirl71

Registered
Reaction score
vermillion

Jennifer always responded to my emails pretty quicky. The first was within a week from my query. She requested a partial which she unfortunately passed on but graciously invited me to rewrite the current ms and said her door was open for future works.
She certainly knows her stuff.
I did the rewrite for her and emailed her a week later. She wrote back that day requesting the full in hard copy.

Still haven't heard back but I just mailed it to her on 6/3.

Hope you hear back!

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Bookgirl- did you ever hear back from Jennifer? Does anyone have any information on if they are actually taking submissions or not?