• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Samantha B. Literary

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, I got a 'like' from her just now on #Pitmad, but there's very little into on her website about her, or her clients/sales. Not sure if I should query.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, I got a 'like' from her just now on #Pitmad, but there's very little into on her website about her, or her clients/sales. Not sure if I should query.

She was certainly in good hands at Adams Literary, and I'm sure she's still piggybacking off the contacts she made while she was there. I suspect the reason she doesn't list her sales or clients yet is because she doesn't have many (or any), so you'd be one of her first. The upside is that you'll probably become one of her bread-and-butter clients and she'll have a lot of time to spend on you, but of course, the downside is that she doesn't have a track record (and might realize at some point that there are far easier ways to make a living). If she were still at Adams Literary, I'd query her, no question. The fact that she's gone off on her own does give me a little bit of pause, but if I were looking for an agent, I'd probably still end up querying her, since she did work with good mentors for at least four or five years.

My two cents, for what they're worth!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
She was certainly in good hands at Adams Literary, and I'm sure she's still piggybacking off the contacts she made while she was there. I suspect the reason she doesn't list her sales or clients yet is because she doesn't have many (or any), so you'd be one of her first. The upside is that you'll probably become one of her bread-and-butter clients and she'll have a lot of time to spend on you, but of course, the downside is that she doesn't have a track record (and might realize at some point that there are far easier ways to make a living). If she were still at Adams Literary, I'd query her, no question. The fact that she's gone off on her own does give me a little bit of pause, but if I were looking for an agent, I'd probably still end up querying her, since she did work with good mentors for at least four or five years.

My two cents, for what they're worth!

Thanks! I really appreciate your input! I had a total of 22 'likes' during Pitmad and I'm trying to sort everything onto a spreadsheet. Ack!