• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Publication Riot Group (formerly Priot Entertainment Group) (Donna Bagdasarian)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Repunzel

Registered
Reaction score
I just heard Donna speak on a panel at Sleuthfest - very funny, snarky woman who, according to the woman who introduced her, is also a no-nonsense person. She says that she is so backed up that her intention to get back to queriers in the stated time is pie in the sky. She didn't say, specifically, that she only responds to things she is interested in. Other agents stated very clearly that that was their policy.

Sounds like you should be patient, then maybe consider requerying. What's the worst that could happen?

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
I queried this past summer and never, ever got a response. I say waiting six months defines being fairly patient, huh?

mtrenteseau

Mild-mannered accountant by day...
Registered
Reaction score
On Priot Group website there's a message on Submissions page saying: 'Submissions are temporarily closed while we catch up on those currently in the office. Sorry for the delay, as soon as we can we'll open the door again.'

This note, which was there on 11/19/09, is still there on 3/4.

So either she's really backlogged and has lots to do, or she hasn't updated her web site.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Open to queries again. Stated response time -- if interested -- is 6 to 8 weeks.

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
For those who queried Ms. Bagdasarian -- How many sample pages did you attach?

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Her website is very sparse, with no indication of how many pages (so I'll assume a query letter will be sufficient), or what she's currently looking for. I can only assume she's open to many genres, based on the "recent slaes" page. I'm sending a query today; I'll let you know what I hear and how it goes.

JoyceD

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ms. Bagdasarian yesterday and got a request for a full today. I am so excited! This is the first request I have ever received for a full.

I know it's no guarantee of anything, but at least I got something other than a rejection for once.

Everyone wish me luck, and I will be happy to post my further experience (if any) as it unfolds.

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck!

Congrats on the full request, JoyceD!
And good luck!
By the way, if you don't mind me asking, which genre do you write in?

JoyceD

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the good wishes! And I don't mind at all that you ask.

This novel was literary fiction.

My first one, which did not generate any interest, was suspense.

My third, which I am researching now, will be more along the lines of suspense/horror.

Those are the kind I like to read, so I guess it's only natural that I lean that direction in my writing.

sb2brown

Registered
Reaction score
Update on this agency:

They've finally come out and said that no response = no.

"Thank you very much for querying Publication Riot Group. Due to the large number of submissions we receive every day, we are unfortunately unable to respond personally to them all. If we are interested in reading your work, we will respond within 6-8 weeks. If you do not hear from us in that time, then we have decided that we are not the right agency for your work – no “rejection” letter will be sent."

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Any recent interactions with this agency??

hartprairie

Registered
Reaction score
I was here, wondering the same thing about Donna Bagdasarian or Pub. Riot agency--something. Anything.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Last sale '16-ish, TW ceased '18, and of the seven clients listed, two are now repped elsewhere.