• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Bienstock, LLC (formerly N.S. Bienstock, Inc.)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

rubbie

Because I Can
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Undercover:

Just doing my due diligence before Thrillerfest in July, and looking up Bienstock and Paul Fedorko. The two salient points I've come to are: 1) Bienstock primarily rep TV and broadcast news personalities, with books as a far-distant priority; and 2) Paul is described as a nice guy with a totally glacial response time.

I'm going to give this one a pass, myself. Good luck!

frankiebrown

Simplify.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone :). I queried JL Stermer of N.S. Bienstock on May 9 and received a full request on July 17th. Does anyone have any experience working with Ms. Stermer?

frankiebrown

Simplify.
Registered
Reaction score
An update! I accepted an offer of representation from the fabulous JL Stermer.

She's been very successful selling nonfiction, and is currently expanding her list to include YA and women's fiction. Her query response time is about six weeks and her slush pile is maintained by an assistant. I've been hugely impressed by her and can't recommend her highly enough.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Became a division of United Talent Agency in '14. Currently dba Bienstock, LLC: http://bienstock.unitedtalent.com/

ETA: Has been fully subsumed into UTA, although (at last report), Leibner (and wife/partner Carole Cooper) stay on as "special advisers".

Last edited:

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving