• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Baror International, Inc. (Danny Baror)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score

Elizabeth May

Firebrand
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethmaywrites.blogspot.com
Baror International handles foreign rights for some great agencies -- including the one I'm with, Scovil Galen Ghosh.

The Barors are amazing. If you're interested, they've released their Frankfurt PDF on their website, which shows the books they're pushing for at the fair this year: http://www.barorint.com/resources/Frankfurt+2011+Final+Catalog+Lo+Res.pdf

Best of luck on your query! They are a fantastic agency.

Last edited:

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
I went ahead and queried Heather Baror-Shapiro on a fantasy mms today. Got an out-of-office email: she'll be at the Frankfurt Book Fair, and will answer emails after she returns on 18 October.

Hi, Filigree. Did you query by email or snail mail?

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
I have a question to those of you who've queried the Baror agency: how did you format your submissions?

The Baror website says "please include a cover letter with your submission as well as a few sample chapters," but that's for snail-mail submissions. When querying by email, did you include a synopsis? How many chapters are "a few?" Did you include the appended material as an attachment, or within the body of the email itself?

Yeah, I know -- just phone them up and ask them. And I will, if necessary. But I'd feel better hearing it from someone who's actually done it. Advice, please?

noranne

the possibilities are endless
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nora-bailey.com
I queried Baror twice, and both times I included 3 chapters pasted into the email. I find it is usually better to err on the side of no attachments, and I had used 3 for some other agents so it seemed like a good amount. But FWIW, I never heard back on either query.

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you -- I will go that route also.