• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

A list of (literary) agents I have queried. Anyone familiar with these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Getting restless from having no response to my initial 4 queries (after only three weeks), I have mailed off the remaing lot of them. What harm could it do, right? These were all sent via snail mail. But the cost is adding up; I may have to switch over to equeries soon.

Has anyone queried or been represented by any of these agents? Some are listed on querytracker, and some are not, and all names were pulled from the 2008 Writer's Market as agents who do accept unsolicited queries from new or published authors.

Celeste Fine
Miriam Goderich
Richard Henshaw
Joy Harris
Irene Goodman
Mike Larsen
Kathryne Wick
Harvey Klinger
Betsy Amster
Beth Jusino
Lauren Abramo (Maybe my query will stand out because we have the same first name! u.u *clings to hope.*)
Brian DeFiore
Maria Carvainis
Laura Blake Peterson
Judy Heiblum
Gail Hochman
Olivia Blumer
Loretta A. Barrett

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Tomothecat: Please return to the Bewares and Background Check forum and click on the Index to Agents, Editors, and Others. You should be able to scroll through that thread to find links to each individual agent you are asking about. Alternatively, you can use the search function to look for threads regarding each individual agents. If you do not find any individual threads regarding the agent you're interested in, then you can feel free to start a thread for each agent asking for information.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. It just seemed easier to list them all in one place since there are so many of them and searching for this many agents would take forever.

Tomothecat: Please return to the Bewares and Background Check forum and click on the Index to Agents, Editors, and Others. You should be able to scroll through that thread to find links to each individual agent you are asking about. Alternatively, you can use the search function to look for threads regarding each individual agents. If you do not find any individual threads regarding the agent you're interested in, then you can feel free to start a thread for each agent asking for information.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Thanks. It just seemed easier to list them all in one place since there are so many of them and searching for this many agents would take forever.

It takes time to do research into agents, true, but that time and effort is part of getting published.

And believe me, you'll know how long forever feels when your full manuscript is out on submission to editors. That's forever.

finewritingfinewine

Registered
Reaction score
Hear hear... (here here?)

3 fulls out, and time. crawls.

A number of those agents are listed in the index and involve some good coversation.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
I put quite a bit of effort into my research, and making a list of agents I've queried is easier than going through 18 names to see what people have said about them. People can reply if they want; it'd be helpful to me. If it's a big issue or I'm wasting bandwidth, mods feel free to delete this.

It takes time to do research into agents, true, but that time and effort is part of getting published.

And believe me, you'll know how long forever feels when your full manuscript is out on submission to editors. That's forever.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Tomothecat, the may have already replied in other threads that were previously started. You shouldn't expect them to do so again just because you didn't want to take the time to look at the index CaoPaux so carefully maintains for everyone's convenience.

Victoria and Jim prefer to maintain separate threads for all agents, editors, and publishers in order to best assist everyone -- current and future -- who might be seeking information.

Last edited:

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
One agent or agency per thread, please. This keeps discussion focused, and makes it easier for writers (and search engines) to find specific information.

Tomothecat, there are threads here about most of the agents on your list. Use the Index thread to look them up, or do a search in the search box. There's often a lot of discussion in the threads, which may answer your questions--if not, you can pose a question in the thread.

If there's no thread on the agent, feel free to start one.

Thanks.

- Victoria

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.