• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

a friends advice...

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Dorina Ardion

Registered
Reaction score
Writers block looks different for many people and originates differently too. Nevertheless I want to share something a fellow writer friend told me a while ago:

If you're blocked then at least one thing isn't working out for your story: frame, plot and/or character.

It sounds simple - which it isn't - but narrowing things down to those three aspects is an easy start. You can look at each and try changing things, maybe you will find what caused you to get stuck in the first place.

Of course there are many more causes of writers block such as your mental state or your relationship and goals with writing - and there are plenty more. Finding the cause takes time and effort. Hang in there šŸ«‚

s.cummings

exploring life - one word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
medium.com
I agree. A systematic approach to fixing writer's block is often the best way to fixing/solving it.

Reactions: DarkWriter223

Madzianta

Registered
Reaction score
Great advice. If I find myself blocked with a plot, I try to write something about characters or settings.