A friendly new face

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

smithsarah13

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Sarah and I'm new! I'm so excited to connect with other writers. I use to be a prolific writer in my childhood and teen years but as an adult life has gotten in the way and I feel I've lost my touch a bit but not my passion and creativity. I hope to get back on track here (and just in time for NaNoWriMo hopefully) and help others in their writing goals who may be in a similar position. Peace and love to all and I hope the writing gods smile upon you!

Reactions: Izz

jonxihama

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Sarah. You'll find plenty of other authors trying to get back into the swing of writing

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome, Sarah, to AW :) It's nice to meet you!

AW has everything you need, and more, to get you back on the writing train. From abundant information on all aspects of the craft and business of writing to a vibrant, global community, we've got you covered!

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, and peruse the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. Doing this will help you understand the rules of the forums, plus the etiquette and culture of the various spaces within, and will help you avoid potentially embarrassing newbie mistakes. AW is large and can be overwhelming/intimidating at first but if you take your time exploring you'll be acclimated and comfortable soon enough.

You might find the Goals and Accomplishments room a nice place to start exploring from. This month's Challenge - Build a Writing Habit thread might be just what you need to get you going again :D

Explore, lurk if you want, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you want, make friends, enjoy yourself!

See you around the boards!
Izz

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving