2022 Weekend Progress Report Thread

SWoodham

Registered
Reaction score
Have barely been able to get anything done at all writing related.
Survived starting the new job. Now have weeks of training. Trying to play catchup on everything else now reading/ writing related.
My accomplishment from last week was having a second discussion this weekend with critique partner. We exchanged 60 pages, and he had feedback and some brain storming on what I've written. I was able to get halfway through his and we chatted about the 30 pages I read.

The submission where I wanted to submit a second story 7 days later closed before the 7 days were up, so missed that window for a second story. There is a non-US submission window open currently, so I can potentially submit the 5000 word story there, but I have to trim it back down under 5000 words to meet the word count limit.

Goals ahead. Well I of course need to finish reading the 30 critique partner pages and discuss the rest with them. Then plow ahead with my revisions. I have been trying to get in a schedule, get back in the gym soon around my work training hours. (so currently in the evening). And I guess potentially send out this other submission with that story.

Had a very strange response when I replied to a woman seeking critique partners. But if she is going to be dodgy about it, probably best not to pursue anyway.

regdog

Policing AW, Praxian Style
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awards For This Week’s Awesomeness

NANNER-Twenty -Eight

:banana::banana::banana:

Qgq1YRT.jpg

Reactions: Twenty-Eight

Twenty-Eight

Registered
Reaction score
Last night I broke my writing computer. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh.

Though to be fair, it was twelve years old and computers do follow a bathtub curve and this was having one thing after another going wrong with it. I am now avoiding seeing if reinstalling an operating system fixes the motherboard fan problem. It is too loud and impossible to write and one fan has cacked itself after another in short order.

On the bright side, I was up to the sixth edit of my manuscript right up to the bummer conflict make you cry part so I was kind of avoiding the editing anyway.

Let me see.

Blog: Fail.
Posting here: Good.
MS: about 97 ooo words and I feel like I worked out a bit that was bugging me with a small rewrite. Starting to worry about historical viability of parts. Upto the bummer conflict part. Reading was going very smoothly with not much correction, which is comforting at sixth revision. I have scrapped the ending about twenty times and at one point 17 000 words of ending.
Fixing computer: I buggerised around with it and broke it. On the other hand I did install a new cpu heatsink and fan properly. It didn't fix the problem. I will need to buy a new computer, I think. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL and also let it go.
Query letters / submissions: Nothing but I did ask some pertinent questions and feel more confident.
MISC: I wrote an email helping a worried someone know how to their gas supply should be so it wasn't leaking / potentially dangerous. That's a good deed if not good writing.

regdog

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

NANNER-Lintqyel

Qgq1YRT.jpg

WORDS EDITED-Twenty-Eight

:e2writer::e2writer::e2writer:

yRao0jS.jpg

BLOG POST-Lintqyel

:e2BIC::e2BIC::e2BIC:

sxgnRns.jpg

regdog

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

NANNER-Lintqyel

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Qgq1YRT.jpg

BLOG POST-Lintqyel

B]

Gramps

Registered
Reaction score
I've written grocery lists for decades. Family members encouraged me to write a novel (while giggling wildly and ordering another beer.) The person who is doing my editing is now able to handle sharp objects again. All her previous editing was done in crayon. I'm inspired by the great progress I'm making!

Reactions: Saoirse

Matthewdavid

Registered
Reaction score
Starting my Book! This is not easy. once upon a time, in the beginning, I think I found my way, and it's just to write and let it flow like rap.

regdog

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Starting my Book! This is not easy. once upon a time, in the beginning, I think I found my way, and it's just to write and let it flow like rap.
Welcome to the WPR

regdog

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

NANNER-Saoirse

Qgq1YRT.jpg

WORD COUNT-Saoirse 211 words

:Jump::Jump::Jump:

HzMTwjO.jpg

BLOG POST-Lintqyel

sxgnRns.jpg

regdog

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay nanner!

Reporting in again....

718 additional words....so grand total of 929 words for the week :)
Nanner-:banana::banana::banana:

929 words-:Clap::Clap::Clap:

• Love
Reactions: Saoirse

Lisa Henry

Registered
Reaction score
The-Life-Of-Lea.jpg

So, my sons book is complete!! 20,232 words, 15 chapters and 114 pages! He's ecstatic for it! Completed it on Saturday evening!

regdog

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

NANNER-Saoirse

Qgq1YRT.jpg

WORD COUNT-Saoirse 929

:Jump::Jump::Jump: