2021 Practice Threads - Revelations & Mitigations – The Big Reveal

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
Continuing, we will move from feeding our stories to revelations, and, potentially, mitigations. That means we start playing with the payoff. All that work we've done making our characters likeable or despicable, all those bread crumbs we've been laying down, everything we've been working toward comes to fruition. It's time to start tying our knots. For me I start with a side plot, the resolution of which is required for the big reveal. There's usually a few loose strings that get tied after the climax. How about you?

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, wait, you mean we're supposed to finish stories, not just abandon them halfway? Oops.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: ElaineA and Kat M

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
That's right. And I'm hella behind my weekly practices, which will all be made up. If we follow through with the whole plan, by the end of the 52 lessons, there's one helluva story in the offing.

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully someone else will come through on this one, cuz I surely ain't.,...

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
On the plus side, guys, I'm 20K into my contemporary slasher and digging it. We'll see where we land in the end. I got a little feedback that my characters are unlikeable, but I've come up with a likeable one - not the one expected, but she's a beauty anyways. Didn't know I had a slasher in me, but there will be blood... and quite a bit of sex.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving