Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I very much appreciated it, as well, Ultra. Thank you!

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
This is one of the threads I always looked at. I hope you do keep doing it.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. The awards ceremony was amazing, from Jeanette Ng's Campbell acceptance speech (calling out Campbell himself for being a fascist)

I'm quite saddened, but not entirely surprised, to see that because in her speech she also called out what's happening in Hong Kong, Jeannette Ng has now been added to a list of ethnic Chinese female journalists that "need to be doxxed" for their criticism of mainland China by pro-Chinese websites/social media accounts.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I keep quiet because am I unpublished/uneducated/unwashed, but I really appreciate these posts! :)

LOL I mostly keep quiet because I'm *not* unpublished and I don't want there to be an appearance of conflict of interest, or that I'm just here posting to subtly drive attention to my own work.

Truth is I'm a reader first, foremost, and forever, and I love a great ballot w/ new writers and stories for me to enjoy. :)

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I promise to do a thread on the 2020 Hugo Awards if you all promise to engage at least minimally with the thread. EVEN THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE OR ARE NOT PUBLISHED WRITERS! In this thread you are all SFF readers and we readers ought to be having fun discussing things.

I'm just back from Dublin. Here are the winners of the 2019 Hugo Awards.

And here are the results.

Here are the nomination and voting statistics in a .pdf.

Here is an analysis from Nicholas Whyte, the Hugo Administrator (feel free to e-mail future Hugo Administrators and ask for similar analyses. I love this stuff.)

Kevin Standlee, along with Cheryl Morgan and Susan de Guardiola did text-based live coverage of the Hugo Ceremony. With lots of photos as well. This is a tradition. Check it out next year!

I can't find a video of the ceremony on line. I heard a rumor that perhaps Dublin was going to fix the captions first so it may be a while.

And here is a bonus Twitter thread of the Red Carpet of the Hugos. More photos of fantastic outfits!

Congratulations to all the winners!