• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

DonnaInk Publications LLC

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Is there an award for Most Contorted, Barely Readable Prose on a Publisher's Website? I think not, which is a shame because I've found a potential winner:

http://www.donnaink.org/

I doubt if there's an award for Busiest Website either. Too bad.
[Marlon Brandon Voice]"They coulda been a contender!"[Marlon Brando Voice/]

The first thing to catch my eye was the following news:

DonnaInk Publications announce a 10% discount for all titles from 1 May through 30 June. Look for the coupon code throughout the website - it is located in inconspicuous areas.

If you're lucky enough to find the elusive coupon codes you can take your pick from books with blurbs like these:

A shaving of interpretive minimalism, which encapsulates atmosphere with some really vivid free-flowing images reinforced by a reflective, introspective voice. Takes a cosmic bent like a poetic cinematographer to another plane ... ethereal as in do otherworldly folk (if you believe) do what earthlings do? Visualization like this perhaps suggests that the author be a filmmaker.

A compilation of innocent and innocuous images, which share snapshots of motherhood in real-time, without the precepts of a pose. Gives a fresh glimpse into moments otherwise lost to selfie's.

CEO-President and Founder of DP is Donna L Quesinberry:

ABOUT DONNAINK PUBLICATIONS
DonnaInk Publications, L.L.C. began through natural progression and intuitive synergy. Having created over 10,000 publications in the past, Ms. Donna L. Quesinberry, CEO-President and Founder determined to pay it forward from government (federal, state, local) publications and documentations to aid authors in presenting original works to readers.

This concept was expounded on by Ms. Quesinberry, normally referred to as "Q" during the legacy to lead trend navigation the information technology platform established in the 90's to 2000's. This transition focused largely on records management, content development, paper and digital performance set the bar for the publishing industry and Q knew where legacy to lead trend was going for authors and their readers. And, voila' DonnaInk Publications, L.L.C. was born...

Our publishing house retrofits tradition and couples it with emergent industry trends. By retrofitting tradition, publishing ideals are preserved while embracing lead trend digital and technological advancements in representation titles and their authors.

This is a novel concept, but we are into novels here.

The banner headline "Delivering Readers' and Authors' Dreams, One Book at a Time Because Books are Eternal! Grab Your Piece of Eternity Today..." suggests that the company is a vanity press. This isn't the case, but it isn't clear how selective they are - particularly when they seem to be relying on sponsorship rather than making money from selling books:

DonnaInk Publications, L.L.C. has made traditional publishing a reality for our authors. We do not charge reading fees and signing fees. We learned during our sole proprietorship and adjusted out corporate vision to map to publishing industry standards.

Therefore, sponsorships are often accepted to aid authors in seeing their dreams fulfilled in order to attend events, travel to signings, and etc., which are not affordable to the publishing house at this time.

Sponsorship means Indigogo:

We aren't really asking for donations (unless you are so inclined, we'll accept them if you do). We are asking you visit the storefront and purchase a book and in the purchase notes say "Indigogo." We don't want to burden you with lots of work. We are only asking you purchase one of our titles and thereby allow us to entertain you a little this summer. In this way, you'll be supporting fledgling and cool company and our authors!

We have a target of $3,600.00, which is approximately 200 retail books.
What do you get in return? Aside from the feeling of awesomeness that is you helping us . . . you get a book!
We've set a modest goal of $3,600.00 to aid with overhead and costs for goodies to help our authors sell and for electric to keep the printers running: things like business cards, websites, production, and marketing promotions, and etc. cost $$ to keep the publishing house vibrant for our authors and their titles and most importantly their readers.
Using a traditional mindset - we don't charge our authors fees to publish their books - we rely solely on "sales."
If we achieve up to 50 purchases the campaign will target internal publishing house requirements . . . if we achieve 200 books or more then some very lucky authors get to attend some fabulous conventions this summer in order to synergize with their reader base, which is our hope.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/donnaink-publications-l-l-c

Another red flag:

Developmental Editing / Ghostwriting
Titles requiring extensive rewrite, editorial development and/or ghostwriting are referred to a third-party servicer (ZenCon an Art of Zen Consultancy)

http://www.donnaink.org/#!publisher-guidelines/c1xo8

In what sense is ZenCon "a third party servicer"? It makes no secret of its affiliation with DonnaInk and the company's website is written in identical tortuous business-speak:
http://www.donnaink.com/#!who-is-zencon/c1enr

The mention of ghostwriting brings me via DP's 'Disabled Author Store' to their most prolific writer...Lanaia Lee! AW regulars will remember that in 2007 Lee's novel Of Atlantis made her an internet legend when it was revealed that she had paid phoney agent Christopher Hill to ghostwrite it. Hill simply plagiarized chunks of David Gemmell's The Dark Prince, Lee paid pseudo-agent and vanity publisher Cheryl Pilsbury to publish it (no, I'm not making this up), then we all sat back and enjoyed the fireworks when Lee splurged extracts from the book on various websites and claimed it was all her own work.

Quesinberry has written what seems to me to be a horribly patronizing introduction to Lee's novel Paradox Five in which she gives a sanitized version of the Of Atlantis fiasco. Since Lee is still playing the disability card for all it's worth () I doubt if she minds.

Publishing houses typically consider quality of writing, storyline, sales, marketing and work required to produce a book when reviewing an author submission for publication. People with strong opinions advised me to steer clear of authors with disabilities, especially Ms Lee...

With a homespun disposition, Lanaia's lack of pretentiousness and previously published credits featuring a formidable 20K plus followers; resulted in an affirmative response to her request for us to publish her titles...

As a publishing house, we decided to extend a hand of gentility toward Ms Lee and work to achieve more polish aiding her in setting a barometer of success 'in a positive direction.'

It is my hope readers will share all of Lanaia's titles with a mindset of tolerance while reflecting on the hardships this author (and any brain insult survivor) endures.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1939425204/?tag=absowrit-20

I can’t help wondering how much Lee paid for what I suspect was extensive editing, if not rewriting.

Books from the DP disability shelf are available at a special price:

All novels under 400 pages represented on our disabled shelf cost $25.00 retail and $20.00 publisher discount. Often, book sales earnings are the primary income for authors who are disabled.

We ask readers to support our disability shelf and the brave individuals who write yet another day while maintaining limited capacities otherwise taken for granted.
http://www.donnaink.org/#!product/prd15/1353588891/paradox-five,-by-lanaia-lee---nc

I'm sorry, but at $20 for a 180-page paperback you won't be getting a pity purchase from me.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And a music file fires up. Sorry, even with DSL, I'm not hanging around for that. I'm usually listening to something else on iTunes, so buh-bye.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
"People with strong opinions advised me to steer clear of authors with disabilities..."

There is something very disturbing and condescending in that whole thought process to create a whole "disabled shelf." (Ms. Lee's antics aside.)

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
The set-up is even more incestuous than I first thought - Quesinberry also acts as a literary agent:

http://www.writers.net/agents/45752

At least one of her clients, Jeannie Palmer, is published by DonnaInk.

And if you fancy the idea of your book being made into a film, it's your lucky day - help is at hand!

What about movie rights?

DonnaInk Publications, L.L.C. has a host of affiliates and associations with directors, engineers, film-makers, producers and even some actors/actresses.

Our affiliate firm - ZenCon, Art of Zen Consultancy, also has throughput to a variety of high-level publicists.

The DonnaInk Publications Literary Team is available for development of treatments and auxiliary screenwriters are available as well.

​Authors titles are promoted to film-makers where appropriate.http://www.donnaink.org/#!dpink-faq/clyp

I'll bet they are.

DP claims the ability to get their books into bricks and mortar stores, but the covers - not to mention the "bad author photo and potted bio" on the back - are so amateurish I can't imagine anyone bothering to pick them up and actually look inside. A few minutes on Amazon reveals that most DP books have ecstatic 5 star reviews from people who have only reviewed other DP books, so I suspect that the authors themselves are the target market.

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I am mind-boggled by this cover: http://static.wixstatic.com/media/9d199a_7b9335e6f7e048c586ad695551fc57aa.jpg

The art itself for the girl is pretty darn good at first glance. The title font and coloring is...questionable, then I notice that at the bottom of the page it looks like someone literally photoshopped a wolf out of another picture and pasted him in. The art style is completely different. The wolf looks almost like an anime style, while the rest of it looks realistic/3D. The background/flowers look randomly photoshopped in from real photos (hard to see the picture clearly on my computer).

Anyone know how to do those photo searches and see what the original image is from? Of the girl, I mean?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
The figure looks like something off one of the better DeviantArt sites - I'd almost be willing to bet it's pirated, but you never know with DA artists. Maybe one of them felt kindly that day. The Wolf has a copy/paste halo; I wonder if it's supposed to be part of the cover, or an author brand? The font - no, just no, and mirroring it at an arbitrary point in the background doesn't help.

The whole thing is too dark and busy to pass the ebook thumbnail test.

Interestingly - or sadly - enough, Chartel A. Amos has also published through Publish America /AmericaStar: www.amazon.com/Asgard-Rising-Final-...8&qid=1402103905&sr=1-2&keywords=Chartel+amos

The cycle repeats.

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
The cover of The Gift of Sight is credited to Dana Queen, who is also a "pseudonymous poetess" with DonnaInk (who the heck uses the word 'poetess' any more?)

Another thing:

ZenCon, Art of Zen Consultancy sponsors, "Whispers in the Dark" for DonnaInk Publications. "Whispers in the Dark" is an internationally recognized blog talk radio program hosted by Viktor Aurelius and Co-hosted by Jeff Niles - professionally trained actor.
http://donnaink.wix.com/donnaink2

Where have I heard the name Viktor Aurelius before? Why, only last year on the AG Press/Cheryl Pillsbury thread:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128328

Pillsbury is a big fan (and client) of Victory International Promotions, on the website of which Mr Aurelius could be heard reading an extract from...Of Atlantis.

There's nothing like keeping it in the family, is there?

Dana_Queen

Banned
Reaction score
Ms. Quesinberry's Response and Invitation to conference call to discuss corrective measures

Originally Posted by aliceshortcake
Is there an award for Most Contorted, Barely Readable Prose on a Publisher's Website? I think not, which is a shame because I've found a potential winner: http://www.donnaink.org/

If you're lucky enough to find the elusive coupon codes you can take your pick from books with blurbs like these:

The banner headline "Delivering Readers' and Authors' Dreams, One Book at a Time Because Books are Eternal! Grab Your Piece of Eternity Today..." suggests that the company is a vanity press. This isn't the case, but it isn't clear how selective they are - particularly when they seem to be relying on sponsorship rather than making money from selling books:

Another red flag:

From Ms. Quesinberry: the fact is, ZenCon is not a secret and many [most] major traditional publishers and others who provide say . . . catalogs they identify with or affiliates they suggest you contact are, in fact, subsidiaries, which are "hidden" very well - it is just you don't see it because it is hidden. I began this idea from researching the majors and presume (since they are within the confines of law - it is legal; further, I researched the law and found it is).
Explanative: ZenCon an Art of Zen Consultancy, was developed post-LLC, to provide additional services no longer offered by the publishing house formerly a sole proprietorship. These are for writers who have need but may not feature agreement obligation and/or any agreement at all. Some works are unfortunately not going to cut the mustard with us and wouldn't be published by us. Others are where authors ask for services the publishing house does not provide but want our affiliate to service them. And, others are services for folks who are 100% unaware of the publishing house and just desire writer services. This is free enterprise. It is not wrongful, in fact, it is within the legal mandates of business-ownership. We do not; however, advocate authors who need services, refer them to the affiliate and make them pay and then publish them. There is zero promissory of ZenCon clients being published by DonnaInk; in fact, quite the opposite. It appears you are making a presumption. We worked arduously to ensure these separations are well-defined. It is our intent to "aid" authors rather than disadvantage them.
Providing services to anyone is not wrongful. In fact, AMAZON (for example) offers self-publishers or Indie authors services through their CreateSpace and this is well accepted by authors. Our platform is more separated and not linked to publishing agreements. For instance, if an author has a title that requires extensive work we do not provide at DonnaInk, their using ZenCon doesn't ensure publication. If we don't offer an agreement at DonnaInk - we advise authors to visit again in the future after fixing manuscript issues and then return.
Our policy for manuscripts is now: ready to publish. We still use an editorial process but intend for it to be for minor adjustments - not significant changes. Occasionally, layout (chapter designations and/or other asides, which is common in publishing). In what sense is ZenCon "a third party servicer"? We believe in full transparency and make it no secret.
In what sense is ZenCon "a third party servicer"? It makes no secret of its affiliation with DonnaInk and the company's website is written in identical tortuous business-speak:

The Lanaia Lee Story from Ms. Quesinberry's Perspective:
As far as Lanaia Lee she is a severely disabled author and under-educated. She is given to fantasy thinking (part of her disability) and is married to a disabled man. They both spend their time when not writing or thinking about writing at hospitals and doctor offices. And, she was referred to me as having been read by Dr. Joyce Knudsen a former volunteer and intended acquisition consultant.

Ms. Lee does have an exhaustive imagination. And, I believe she has learned from your active debasement of her in the past as you declare how much fun that was. I wonder had she committed suicide, which she considered - if a) you would have realized and b) you would have cared.

Her books have great story-lines, albeit they are not well written.

Her debacle of the past, I was unaware of when signing her. She was approved by Dr. Joyce Knudsen, a very well-received image consultant and dear friend of Ms. Jeannie Palmer. At the time, Dr. Knudsen provided volunteer services by choice.

After calling me me every week from the end of 2011 to the onset of 2012 onward. In 2012, from January through June that year, Dr. Knudsen called me weekly asking what she could do to assist the publishing house,
Quote:
"I am that one in a million friend to a business-woman beginning a starting business who has nothing but good intentions. You just don't find a professional like me willing to provide her image consulting expertise derived from 30 years in the industry."

Ms. Lee had been contacting me continuously and I had not replied, nor researched her past. Then she began to contact Dr. Knudsen who was an acting Acquisition Consultant (I had proffered her a consultant agreement for a percentage of any titles she signed and their sales). Dr. Knudsen continuously stated, "No I don't do contracts, I'm a handshake kind of person. My word is my bond and I don't want anything from you."
Based on her referral,

Quote:
"I've read these titles and they are worth representing. . . "

Quote:
I signed Lanaia Lee. And, I later learned from another author who Lanaia Lee referred, Ms. Beckeman (a very nice woman, author and illustrator from the Adirondacks, this history existed. At that time, I considered terminating Ms. Lee. Instead, I listened to her explanation, which stated:

Quote:
"I had a ghostwriter and what they sent me was plagiarized."
Having hired folks to provide varied writing services in the past, I noted this was plausible and sorry to say - did not read the entire dramatization on AbsoluteWrite, which by the way, I've been a member of for years as well without participating.

Further Information: having spent years in the federal government circles with family in leadership roles in the United States Secret Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Security Agency and myself working as a procurement business developer where I aided firms in achieving over $500M to $10B in contract gains - many times providing end-to-end (E2) services . . . one a 38M gain in one year as a fledgling new woman-owned company and now a Fortune 500/100. I value ethics. In fact, my "HORRID" writing style and "PROSE" and accolades, which are, "YES" not conventional have resulted in an over 85% award ratio among mixed and diverse clientele (meaning not likely to win rather than sure win) for many Fortune companies. In 2011, 30% of Washington Technology's Top 50 was firms I developed content for - so . . . some folks do LOVE my style.

Additionally, I've worked on many intelligence community contracts and technical writing initiatives from Aerospace onward. And, have served as Business Intelligence Vice President for an intelligence community initiative - in the event you even know what that means. So, you can hate the way I write.

Personally, I don't believe 8th grade English and being just like everyone else is the way to be but I do value honesty, ethics, faith and valor.

Back to Ms. Lee: so, I questioned Ms. Lee extensively; however, I determined to rework her titles and provide a severely disabled woman, with little hope for anything else in her life - a caveat. While she was referred by Dr. Knudsen, and at the time I believed in Dr. Knudsen's rhetoric and trusted her emphatically, I should have done my homework. So, you are accurate, my burst there. I dropped a ball. And, instead of regaling the woman who has actually suffered every atrocity known of humanity (almost), I decided to take the high road.

From your post, I can see the slam campaign was yours road to take but I'm not judging you - we all suffer our own consequences in life.
Ms. Lee is a Southern woman, with hardship education, with some great (really her original story ideas are something else) ideas for books. I felt empathy for her.

Everyone loves Ms. Knudsen because she gives the flare of validity - so who is the real plagiarist?

Ms. Lee, a poor, severely disabled woman who is "EASY" and I gather from your post "FUN" to debase continues to be treated horribly when she was "referred" by Dr. Knudsen - Ms. Palmer's good friend - in the first place.

The mention of ghostwriting brings me via DP's 'Disabled Author Store' to their most prolific writer...Lanaia Lee! AW regulars will remember that in 2007 Lee's novel Of Atlantis made her an internet legend when it was revealed that she had paid phoney agent Christopher Hill to ghostwrite it. Hill simply plagiarized chunks of David Gemmell's The Dark Prince, Lee paid pseudo-agent and vanity publisher Cheryl Pilsbury to publish it (no, I'm not making this up), then we all sat back and enjoyed the fireworks when Lee splurged extracts from the book on various websites and claimed it was all her own work.

Quesinberry has written what seems to me to be a horribly patronizing introduction to Lee's novel Paradox Five in which she gives a sanitized version of the Of Atlantis fiasco. Since Lee is still playing the disability card for all it's worth () I doubt if she minds.

Response: you have never spoken to me - how could you doubt if I mind? And, I never patronize anyone. In fact, my reputation is quite the opposite. I am known to be more gregarious and in your face.

I can’t help wondering how much Lee paid for what I suspect was extensive editing, if not rewriting.

Response: Ms. Lee did not pay to be published. She did participate in the collective trust (higher royalties for a front-end trust)

I'm sorry, but at $20 for a 180-page paperback you won't be getting a pity purchase from me.

Understanding: I have a son with a Traumatic Brain Injury from a work-related incident. I support the disabled. We have disabled authors. They are at least attempting to do more than rest on the whiles of a disability pension and sit idly by off the nation's taxes. I admire their tenacity. They often need rewrite - contingent upon the type of disability. Most are veterans. Personally, I don't care about your pity purchases. These are stories and they are not bad. And, from your vantage point, the only worthy title to publish is from the non-infirmed or the wealthy or the famous or the best-selling writer. Best-sellers are less than 1% of books available to readers today.
Further, as the CEO-President and Founder of the publishing house you have elected I can emphatically state, the act of publishing is one I undertook to "aid" others who are usually met with the same amount of kindness as you delve out here. It was my intention to help folks many publishing houses would not represent and to help them get beyond the malaise of consistent non-response.

There are authors who are loyal though, such as:
Quote:
Ms. Caroline Scutt (a bookstore owner in Frenchtown New Jersey and YA novelist), Ms. Lyn Gibson (internationally recognized expert on vampire lore), Ms. Kim Lunansky (aired on national, regional and local Canadian live and taped radio and news broadcasts), Mr. Mick Tyas ("the" most recognized sound engineer for every major rock band since 1960 throughout the world), Mr. M.J. Leonard and Avrom Oliver (Hollywood California recognized gamers and comics creators), Mr. W.P. Rigler, Dr. Moorefield, Professor Hung, Litvin, PhD, Former Ambassador Jan Drabek (the Chair of multiple major Writer's Associations in British Columbia), Motivational Coach Chip Esajian, Country Music Star Skyla Spencer, Editor-in-Chief Jason Lee A. Hatcher (an internationally recognized sword art magazine), former Harvard Graduate Bradley Latham (recently passed), Fabio Evangelista Da Silva (Brazilian Fantasy writer), Manuela Davidovic (Serbia and Italian author with high recognition in both countries), Dr. Bill Powers (ITW recognized and awardee of the Indie Award of Excellence for 2014), Chip Esajian (internationally recognized motivational speaker), Mr. Lisec (now a publisher and best-selling author), Dr. Teedzani Thapelo (an activist of some recognition in Botswana and Zimbabwe who has served in international circles concerning sub-Saharan African politics and elimination of dehumanization in those regions of the world), Mr. Paracka (former law enforcement), Mr. Pryor (former intelligence), Ms. Bonnie Beckeman (an illustrator and poet), Ms. Hamilton (educator and cancer survivor), Jeramiah Think (a bi-country [Korea and America] with a fantasy story to aid bi-country and other children in the belief of hope), Ms. Sara Israel (Dr. Knudsen's very own niece who remains with us), Mr. Gerhard Plenert (a fantasy author of Norwegian heritage), Ms. Chartel Amos (a mom), Ms. Annetta Hobson (a happily married mother of six from Detroit who is studying criminal law and writes criminal romance novels), Mr. Matt Cody (an alternative poet), Mr. Duquette (a disco era Club 57 novelty), Mr. W.P. Rigler (a film-maker, horror aficionado [known in all horror event venues by almost every entertainer who attends], a poet and author), Ms. Arco (an entertainer entourage CEO from Mexico also aspiring poetess), Mr. Clif Hill ( a divorcee with a story of survival for 501-C 3 campaign), Mr. Salom Shilongo (an Apartheid survivor story-man), Ms. G. Lea Rhys (a business development practitioner for over 20 years - expert in her industry), Mr. Ed Tasca (a best-selling ex-patriot residing in Mexico), Roberto Ivaldi PhD. (an Italian professional businessman with too many citations to note here), Mr. Edde (a novelist), Mr. Milan Kalis (Slovakian entrepreneur and author), Mr. Weinstein (a former veteran and military novelist), Ms. Dottie Daniels (a horror novelist), Ms. Renee Smith (a science fiction novelist), Mr. M. Frederic Jennings (a Christian novelist), Ms. Desda Ray (a photojournalism author), Mr. Frank Di Meglio (a quantum physics major), Ms. Dondi VonQuestinberg (a Zen practitioner and entrepreneur) and others . . . these are not authors writing for other authors. In fact, most of these folks have been in mainstream media on televised news, in magazines, and on radio for their prowess and capability. Instead of seeing these individuals through a futurist lens YOU determined to find a few areas of what you consider weakness to deride. Well, shame on you, because a former ambassador, an Apartheid activist, a Jesuit Priest and Road Scholar don't deserve your insults, nor do I. I am certain their credentials and work is equal to if not exceeding your own.

Re-referencing Ms. Palmer for instance, her former husband initially paid the $813.75 to join the collective trust and publish, "Shattered," which retitled to "No Place to Go." Hardly a rip off, hardly vanity, hardly subsidy. If I'd intended to subsidy - I would have made it for an actual cost, not a stipend to pay for marketing and promotions. The contract - other than this stipend remained totally a traditional agreement; however, the former sole proprietorship, "THE BOOK NOOK / DONNAINK PUBLICATIONS" was relinquished and a new LLC is the publishing house.

Additionally, early authors were provided a selection of services from as able, such as:
• Advance Reader Copies – 4 Months
• Advertisements and Promotions to Consumer Market - 3 Months
• ARC Dissemination for Reviewers – 2 Months Prior to Release
• Author Blog Tour Listings - 2 Months to Release Date
• Blog - Approximately 2 Month Prior to Release Date
• Book Award Listings – 2 Month to Release
• Book Industry Newsletter | Publications - 3 Months to Release
• Book Launch Party – 1 – 2 Weeks Post-Release
• Book Signing Listings - 2 Months to Release
• Bookmarks - a weak area of ours
• Bookstore Signings – 2 Weeks and Onward Post-Release
• Bulk Sales Research – 2 Month to Release
• Business Cards - a weak area of ours
• Cover Design
• Editorial Services
• Endorsements – 4 Months
• Festival Listings - 2 Month to Release
• Ghostwriting
• Marketing Plan Outline - 3 Months to Release
• Marketing Plan Summary - 3 Months to Release
• Online Groups – Approximately 3 Months Prior to Release Date
• Press Kit and Media Outreach Plan – 3 Months Prior to Release
• Publicity and Interview Planning – 3 Months
• Radio | Television Interviews – 2 Weeks and Onward Post-Release
• Social Network Service Profiles - Approximately 2 Month Prior to Release Date
• Trade Show Listings - 2 Month to Release
• Training - as authors regarding publishing, writing, interviews, radio programming, etc.
• Website – Approximately - 2 Months Prior to Release Date
• Website Design
• Weekly and Bi-Weekly Conference Calls

We also have association with film-makers:
Actually, I am acquainted with over 1K varied film-making entities and they do consider our authors screen plays. In fact, one is being promoted by a former KGB operative at this time - we are currently in negotiations.

Are your books going to be in film soon?

This is not an easy undertaking and is not for all titles. Every authors believes they have a movie - we do not suggest this to most authors and it is a VERY selective process.

However, an Actress we are considering does have a new Elvis title releasing later this year with also film-making aspirations and as a prior film-making participant and old film family - from Gone with the Wind Era - she has the credibility to achieve this.

Again, most authors do not.

We provide access to Brick and Mortar stores:
We have books in brick n' mortar stores: Chapters in Canada and privately owned and operated brick and mortar book stores in multiple states and soon to be overseas.

An aside: the recently passed Ann Crispin ("Writer's Beware" originator) was a friend of mine from junior and senior high school years. We lived in the same neighborhood and rode horses together in a (of all things) collective trust stable. She fed my horses (I had three and rode hunt seat and western pleasure) some weeks and I fed her horse (Thor - she shared with her sister Faith). Ann's former name was Ann Tickell and while not best buddies necessarily - she knew me well for my nature and the fact I am ethical, honest, good-hearted and maintain a desire to do right by authors and that I'm "easy" (often said about me - I'm too trusting). In fact, Ann was my friend on Facebook and observed I do for authors and a multitude of positive of author commentaries.

My sin is doing what is right for our authors. As an author I want to see authors treated well. Respect and dignity without being taken advantage of.

In closing: Do I write funny? Odd prose? Excessive verbiage? Outside the box? Not like YOU? Not like others? Hopefully so. I like me. I like my authors. I like our publishing house.

Am I doing anything phony or false or wrongful? NO.

Are you picking on me for no good reason other than your OPINE? YES.

Do I owe you anything? NO.

Do you own me anything? No, but yes courtesy would be nice. A telephone call to discuss your concerns and share your convictions on how to get it right where you feel it is wrong and provides industry regulations and not your opinion please. If you prove there are "issues" I'll thank you and correct them. That is what decent human beings with real concerns and desire to see it done well and right and correct do.

This feels like bullying.

But I do invite your telephone call or email to arrange a time to conference. I'm happy to learn where we can improve.

Genuinely yours,

Ms. Donna L. Quesinberry
CEO-President and Founder

Last edited:

Dana_Queen

Banned
Reaction score
Concerning disabilities.

There is something very disturbing and condescending in that whole thought process to create a whole "disabled shelf." (Ms. Lee's antics aside.)

Why? I am also a columnist for Wounded Warfighters and within the disability arena we refer others back and forth regarding disability.

Your prejudice regarding disability is at issue. Do you believe to be disabled is taboo?

The disabled authors like the denotation of a disability shelf and with a son with a disability (traumatic brain injury due to work), I'm an industry pundit.

Again, investigate an issue prior to noting your personal opine. Your opine may not be prevalent thinking in the marketplace.

Dana_Queen

Banned
Reaction score

And a music file fires up. Sorry, even with DSL, I'm not hanging around for that. I'm usually listening to something else on iTunes, so buh-bye.

The music file is a short-term addition and part of the YouTube posted on our site from YouTube. It is good to hear the feedback though, apparently you were not on ITunes.

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Dana Queen said:
In closing: Do I write funny? Odd prose? Excessive verbiage? Outside the box? Not like YOU? Not like others? Hopefully so. I like me. I like my authors. I like our publishing house.

Am I doing anything phoney or false or wrongful? NO.

Do you own me anything? YES. You owe me a telephone call to discuss your concerns and share your convictions on how to get it right where you feel it is wrong and provide industry regulations and not your opinion please. If you prove there are "issues" I'll thank you and correct them. That is what decent human beings with real concerns and desire to see it done well and right and correct do.

This is bullying and you are a bully.

But I do invite your telephone call or email to arrange a time to conference. I'm happy to learn where we can improve.

No one owes you anything, least of all a phone call to discuss anything. No one here is bullying you by stating opinions about your site and services. Sharing opinions and experiences with outfits like yours is the purpose of this forum.

Lastly, former THE BOOK NOOK / DONNAINK PUBLICATIONS (sole proprietorship) was never a vanity press. Initially, I began more as a collective trust (read contract law - there is such a thing) and it isn't vain; instead it is a way to develop collaborative organization to fuel initial funding requirements as start-up often has. For a modest, $400 to $1050 authors joined the collaborative trust and some worked with the company to get it off the ground (something I vow never to do again in the future). Here is an original snapshot of "cost" for the collective trust (created by me with a well-known TOP 100 author well-received by folks like yourself in the industry):
0-100 pages at the fixed rate of $250.00[1][1]
101-200 pages at the fixed rate of $300.00
201-300 pages at the fixed rate of $350.00
301-400 pages at the fixed rate of $400.00
401-500 pages at the fixed rate of $450.00
501-600 pages at the fixed rate of $500.00
601-700 pages at the fixed rate of $550.00
701-800 pages at the fixed rate of $600.00
801and up is negotiated separately, but typically in upshots of $50.00 per 100 pages.
Company receives $325.00 for templating manuscripts for eBook and print production – this is non-negotiable[2][2].
Re-referencing Ms. Palmer for instance, her former husband initially paid the $813.75 to join the collective trust and publish, "Shattered," which retitled to "No Place to Go." Hardly a rip off, hardly vanity, hardly subsidy.

Vanity publishing is by definition a business arrangement where a person pays to be published. You can call it a variety of other names, but that doesn't make vanity publishing any less accurate.

Again, investigate an issue prior to noting your personal opine. Your opine may not be prevalent thinking in the marketplace.

And please, opine is a verb, not a fancy or more cultured and intelligent way of saying opinion.

Last edited:

Dana_Queen

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, I am mind-boggled by this cover: http://static.wixstatic.com/media/9d199a_7b9335e6f7e048c586ad695551fc57aa.jpg

The art itself for the girl is pretty darn good at first glance. The title font and coloring is...questionable, then I notice that at the bottom of the page it looks like someone literally photoshopped a wolf out of another picture and pasted him in. The art style is completely different. The wolf looks almost like an anime style, while the rest of it looks realistic/3D. The background/flowers look randomly photoshopped in from real photos (hard to see the picture clearly on my computer).

Anyone know how to do those photo searches and see what the original image is from? Of the girl, I mean?

That is an unapproved cover and not the official cover for this title - we place unapproved covers until the official announcement because we begin an advertising campaign 12 months prior to release now and all of our literature about the cover design states it is "UNOFFICIAL." It is a creative commons composite going to a designer to build off; however, the author provided new inks for the "girl."

Dana_Queen

Banned
Reaction score
Publisher response

The figure looks like something off one of the better DeviantArt sites - I'd almost be willing to bet it's pirated, but you never know with DA artists. Maybe one of them felt kindly that day. The Wolf has a copy/paste halo; I wonder if it's supposed to be part of the cover, or an author brand? The font - no, just no, and mirroring it at an arbitrary point in the background doesn't help.

The whole thing is too dark and busy to pass the ebook thumbnail test.

Interestingly - or sadly - enough, Chartel A. Amos has also published through Publish America /AmericaStar: www.amazon.com/Asgard-Rising-Final-Destiny-Gods/dp/1456067958/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1402103905&sr=1-2&keywords=Chartel+amos

The cycle repeats.

Again, the cover design is UNOFFICIAL and is not off deviant arts it is creative commons from a blog and it is a composite to build from for the designer.

And, yes, Chartel has published on Publish America - so should we burn her at the stake?

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score

Again, the cover design is UNOFFICIAL and is not off deviant arts it is creative commons from a blog and it is a composite to build from for the designer.

And, yes, Chartel has published on Publish America - so should we burn her at the stake?

Your reading comprehension is way off here. Far from burning her at the stake, Filigree appears to think it's a shame that she's paying money, yet again, for something most likely worthless.

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your comments on this thread. I think you just told anyone who might be interested in your company everything they might want to know about you and your operation.

Dana_Queen

Banned
Reaction score
One of our authors just returned from the ITW and has also attended Literary Links Event at the 39th National Assembly of the Links, Inc. outside of Washington, DC. He is also an Indie Excellence Award Winner for 2014.

http://authorbillpowers.wordpress.com/2014/07/16/july-2014-events

All our authors are provided blogs and social media accounts among Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Amazon and others. If they cannot post - we sometimes provide posting for them.

All authors have press releases routinely, news articles, radio programming and other marketing and promotions.

We support our authors.

Dana_Queen

Banned
Reaction score
Well, you are 100% wrong. Ms. Amos has paid absolutely nothing to us. DonnaInk Publications, L.L.C. is a traditional publishing house at this time.

The former sole proprietorship was a collective trust in 2011 and 2012 as a start-up and has closed, but we discontinued the collective trust spring 2012.

Today, the L.L.C. does not charge for ANYTHING for the authors. We provide an exhaustive list of services to wit I pay from my personal savings oftentimes so much so - I've exhausted my savings to aid our authors - quite the opposite of your claims.

We do not pay for Widgets and QR Plus and do not pay lodging for events and conventions. We do; however, provide tables, minimal signage (thus far) and some advertising for the events. This runs into the thousands per annum.

Thus far we cannot pay advances, but have been working on this.

However, I have been diagnosed with autoimmune liver disease and non-infectious hepatitis along with pernicious anemia where I do not process vitamins B and D. As well kidney stones, less than 40% right eye vision, redundant colon and fibroids. These are manageable health concerns, but have proven very difficult this year for business operations.

Let me emphasize, my authors PAY NOTHING to be published. We now have a one year waiting list for new authors before the 270 business day process would ensue.

We are backlogged and it is not something I am happy about. However, my intentions were never to abuse authors - always to be a help and these sort of blasts have proven to be wholly unfair and unresearched beyond surface scratches.

I'm an industry expert with exhaustive knowledge and I have 100% aided each author we've approached excepting one gentleman who was very difficult to work with as a person.

I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and carry strong moral and ethical beliefs. I do not believe in harming anyone or taking advantage of people.

And, the WritersNet entry was from prior to the sole proprietorship and I never took it down.

Again, I'd happily talk with anyone concerning any of these questions and upon discussion some truth may actually surface.

Dana_Queen

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, Viktor Aurelius is a very good voiceover individual who has industry kudos and was referred. And, as a referral was another road gone south because getting him at Spooky Empire on publishing house dime resulted in his not completing his contract with us and taking the associates we introduced to air on his program.

Oh, another horrible thing the publishing house does for our authors is to aid them by promoting them to conferences and events and for book signings. We pay for the venue and promote our authors. So far, they've all liked this very much and have gotten excellent industry affiliations.

Are your publishers positioning you at genre conferences and events for free?

There are no relations here to any of these folks through our publishing house. And, I terminated Viktor's contract for non-fulfillment of video trailers and other asides, but he is an excellent voice man and this shouldn't be overlooked.

Dana_Queen

Banned
Reaction score
As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I take extreme distaste to use of the term incestuous. Further, the WritersNet profiles pre-date the publishing house's creation.

Actually, I am acquainted with over 1K varied film-making entities and they do consider our authors screen plays and/or scripts. In fact, one is being promoted by a former KGB operative at this time - we are currently in negotiations.

This is not an easy undertaking and is not for all titles. Every authors believes they have a movie - we do not suggest this to most authors and it is a VERY selective process.

However, an Actress we are considering does have a new Elvis title releasing later this year with also film-making aspirations and as a prior film-making participant and old film family - from Gone With the Wind Era - she has the credibility to achieve this.

We have books in brick n' mortar stores: Chapters and privately owned and operated brick and mortar book stores in multiple states and soon to be overseas. I can provide the contacts for these stores for you to have proof if needed.

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Well, shame on you, because a former ambassador, an Apartheid activist, a Jesuit Priest and Road Scholar [sic] don't deserve your insults, nor do I. I am certain their credentials and work is [sic] equal to if not exceeding your own.

I struggled through that stream of consciousness, but gave up when I got to the three folk and a 'Road Scholar' walked into a bar. I think you mean Rhodes scholar.

I agree with JournoWriter that your comments have provided everyone with some very useful information about your business.

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Dana, I wish you well with your health problems, sincerely. And I hope you can be a successful publisher for all your authors.

But the fact that you're a Mormon neither intimidates nor impresses me, and is interesting only in the way you keep mentioning it. You are no more worthy of respect or consideration than others because you hold a certain religious belief or superstition, nor does it make you morally superior to anyone else with different beliefs or lack of belief.

It also doesn't make you a better or worse publisher, which is the topic of this thread.

I agree with JournoWriter that your comments have provided everyone with some very useful information about your business.

Yes, exactly.

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I'd quote this before it, too, is deleted:

Originally Posted by aliceshortcake
Is there an award for Most Contorted, Barely Readable Prose on a Publisher's Website? I think not, which is a shame because I've found a potential winner: http://www.donnaink.org/

Another red flag:

From Ms. Quesinberry: the fact is, ZenCon is not a secret and many [most] major traditional publishers and others who provide say . . . catalogs they identify with or affiliates they suggest you contact are, in fact, subsidiaries, which are "hidden" very well - it is just you don't see it because it is hidden. I began this idea from researching the majors and presume (since they are within the confines of law - it is legal; further, I researched the law and found it is).
Explanative: ZenCon an Art of Zen Consultancy, was developed post-LLC, to provide additional services no longer offered by the publishing house formerly a sole proprietorship. These are for writers who have need but may not feature agreement obligation and/or any agreement at all. Some works are unfortunately not going to cut the mustard with us and wouldn't be published by us. Others are where authors ask for services the publishing house does not provide but want our affiliate to service them. And, others are services for folks who are 100% unaware of the publishing house and just desire writer services. This is free enterprise. It is not wrongful, in fact, it is within the legal mandates of business-ownership. We do not; however, advocate authors who need services, refer them to the affiliate and make them pay and then publish them. There is zero promissory of ZenCon clients being published by DonnaInk; in fact, quite the opposite. It appears you are making a presumption. We worked arduously to ensure these separations are well-defined. It is our intent to "aid" authors rather than disadvantage them.
Providing services to anyone is not wrongful. In fact, AMAZON (for example) offers self-publishers or Indie authors services through their CreateSpace and this is well accepted by authors. Our platform is more separated and not linked to publishing agreements. For instance, if an author has a title that requires extensive work we do not provide at DonnaInk, their using ZenCon doesn't ensure publication. If we don't offer an agreement at DonnaInk - we advise authors to visit again in the future after fixing manuscript issues and then return.
Our policy for manuscripts is now: ready to publish. We still use an editorial process but intend for it to be for minor adjustments - not significant changes. Occasionally, layout (chapter designations and/or other asides, which is common in publishing). In what sense is ZenCon "a third party servicer"? We believe in full transparency and make it no secret.

The Lanaia Lee Story from Ms. Quesinberry's Perspective:
As far as Lanaia Lee she is a severely disabled author and under-educated. She is given to fantasy thinking (part of her disability) and is married to a disabled man. They both spend their time when not writing or thinking about writing at hospitals and doctor offices. And, she was referred to me as having been read by Dr. Joyce Knudsen a former volunteer and intended acquisition consultant.

Ms. Lee does have an exhaustive imagination. And, I believe she has learned from your active debasement of her in the past as you declare how much fun that was. I wonder had she committed suicide, which she considered - if a) you would have realized and b) you would have cared.

Her books have great story-lines, albeit they are not well written.

Her debacle of the past, I was unaware of when signing her. She was approved by Dr. Joyce Knudsen, a very well-received image consultant and dear friend of Ms. Jeannie Palmer. At the time, Dr. Knudsen provided volunteer services by choice.

After calling me me every week from the end of 2011 to the onset of 2012 onward. In 2012, from January through June that year, Dr. Knudsen called me weekly asking what she could do to assist the publishing house,
Quote:
"I am that one in a million friend to a business-woman beginning a starting business who has nothing but good intentions. You just don't find a professional like me willing to provide her image consulting expertise derived from 30 years in the industry."

Ms. Lee had been contacting me continuously and I had not replied, nor researched her past. Then she began to contact Dr. Knudsen who was an acting Acquisition Consultant (I had proffered her a consultant agreement for a percentage of any titles she signed and their sales). Dr. Knudsen continuously stated, "No I don't do contracts, I'm a handshake kind of person. My word is my bond and I don't want anything from you."
Based on her referral,

Quote:
"I've read these titles and they are worth representing. . . "

Quote:
I signed Lanaia Lee. And, I later learned from another author who Lanaia Lee referred, Ms. Beckeman (a very nice woman, author and illustrator from the Adirondacks, this history existed. At that time, I considered terminating Ms. Lee. Instead, I listened to her explanation, which stated:

Quote:
"I had a ghostwriter and what they sent me was plagiarized."
Having hired folks to provide varied writing services in the past, I noted this was plausible and sorry to say - did not read the entire dramatization on AbsoluteWrite, which by the way, I've been a member of for years as well without participating.

Further Information: having spent years in the federal government circles with family in leadership roles in the United States Secret Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Security Agency and myself working as a procurement business developer where I aided firms in achieving over $500M to $10B in contract gains - many times providing end-to-end (E2) services . . . one a 38M gain in one year as a fledgling new woman-owned company and now a Fortune 500/100. I value ethics. In fact, my "HORRID" writing style and "PROSE" and accolades, which are, "YES" not conventional have resulted in an over 85% award ratio among mixed and diverse clientele (meaning not likely to win rather than sure win) for many Fortune companies. In 2011, 30% of Washington Technology's Top 50 was firms I developed content for - so . . . some folks do LOVE my style.

Additionally, I've worked on many intelligence community contracts and technical writing initiatives from Aerospace onward. And, have served as Business Intelligence Vice President for an intelligence community initiative - in the event you even know what that means. So, you can hate the way I write.

Personally, I don't believe 8th grade English and being just like everyone else is the way to be but I do value honesty, ethics, faith and valor.

Back to Ms. Lee: so, I questioned Ms. Lee extensively; however, I determined to rework her titles and provide a severely disabled woman, with little hope for anything else in her life - a caveat. While she was referred by Dr. Knudsen, and at the time I believed in Dr. Knudsen's rhetoric and trusted her emphatically, I should have done my homework. So, you are accurate, my burst there. I dropped a ball. And, instead of regaling the woman who has actually suffered every atrocity known of humanity (almost), I decided to take the high road.

From your post, I can see the slam campaign was yours road to take but I'm not judging you - we all suffer our own consequences in life.
Ms. Lee is a Southern woman, with hardship education, with some great (really her original story ideas are something else) ideas for books. I felt empathy for her.

Everyone loves Ms. Knudsen because she gives the flare of validity - so who is the real plagiarist?

Ms. Lee, a poor, severely disabled woman who is "EASY" and I gather from your post "FUN" to debase continues to be treated horribly when she was "referred" by Dr. Knudsen - Ms. Palmer's good friend - in the first place.

Response: you have never spoken to me - how could you doubt if I mind? And, I never patronize anyone. In fact, my reputation is quite the opposite. I am known to be more gregarious and in your face.

Response: Ms. Lee did not pay to be published. She did participate in the collective trust (higher royalties for a front-end trust)

Understanding: I have a son with a Traumatic Brain Injury from a work-related incident. I support the disabled. We have disabled authors. They are at least attempting to do more than rest on the whiles of a disability pension and sit idly by off the nation's taxes. I admire their tenacity. They often need rewrite - contingent upon the type of disability. Most are veterans. Personally, I don't care about your pity purchases. These are stories and they are not bad. And, from your vantage point, the only worthy title to publish is from the non-infirmed or the wealthy or the famous or the best-selling writer. Best-sellers are less than 1% of books available to readers today.
Further, as the CEO-President and Founder of the publishing house you have elected I can emphatically state, the act of publishing is one I undertook to "aid" others who are usually met with the same amount of kindness as you delve out here. It was my intention to help folks many publishing houses would not represent and to help them get beyond the malaise of consistent non-response.

There are authors who are loyal though, such as:
Quote:
Ms. Caroline Scutt (a bookstore owner in Frenchtown New Jersey and YA novelist), Ms. Lyn Gibson (internationally recognized expert on vampire lore), Ms. Kim Lunansky (aired on national, regional and local Canadian live and taped radio and news broadcasts), Mr. Mick Tyas ("the" most recognized sound engineer for every major rock band since 1960 throughout the world), Mr. M.J. Leonard and Avrom Oliver (Hollywood California recognized gamers and comics creators), Mr. W.P. Rigler, Dr. Moorefield, Professor Hung, Litvin, PhD, Former Ambassador Jan Drabek (the Chair of multiple major Writer's Associations in British Columbia), Motivational Coach Chip Esajian, Country Music Star Skyla Spencer, Editor-in-Chief Jason Lee A. Hatcher (an internationally recognized sword art magazine), former Harvard Graduate Bradley Latham (recently passed), Fabio Evangelista Da Silva (Brazilian Fantasy writer), Manuela Davidovic (Serbia and Italian author with high recognition in both countries), Dr. Bill Powers (ITW recognized and awardee of the Indie Award of Excellence for 2014), Chip Esajian (internationally recognized motivational speaker), Mr. Lisec (now a publisher and best-selling author), Dr. Teedzani Thapelo (an activist of some recognition in Botswana and Zimbabwe who has served in international circles concerning sub-Saharan African politics and elimination of dehumanization in those regions of the world), Mr. Paracka (former law enforcement), Mr. Pryor (former intelligence), Ms. Bonnie Beckeman (an illustrator and poet), Ms. Hamilton (educator and cancer survivor), Jeramiah Think (a bi-country [Korea and America] with a fantasy story to aid bi-country and other children in the belief of hope), Ms. Sara Israel (Dr. Knudsen's very own niece who remains with us), Mr. Gerhard Plenert (a fantasy author of Norwegian heritage), Ms. Chartel Amos (a mom), Ms. Annetta Hobson (a happily married mother of six from Detroit who is studying criminal law and writes criminal romance novels), Mr. Matt Cody (an alternative poet), Mr. Duquette (a disco era Club 57 novelty), Mr. W.P. Rigler (a film-maker, horror aficionado [known in all horror event venues by almost every entertainer who attends], a poet and author), Ms. Arco (an entertainer entourage CEO from Mexico also aspiring poetess), Mr. Clif Hill ( a divorcee with a story of survival for 501-C 3 campaign), Mr. Salom Shilongo (an Apartheid survivor story-man), Ms. G. Lea Rhys (a business development practitioner for over 20 years - expert in her industry), Mr. Ed Tasca (a best-selling ex-patriot residing in Mexico), Roberto Ivaldi PhD. (an Italian professional businessman with too many citations to note here), Mr. Edde (a novelist), Mr. Milan Kalis (Slovakian entrepreneur and author), Mr. Weinstein (a former veteran and military novelist), Ms. Dottie Daniels (a horror novelist), Ms. Renee Smith (a science fiction novelist), Mr. M. Frederic Jennings (a Christian novelist), Ms. Desda Ray (a photojournalism author), Mr. Frank Di Meglio (a quantum physics major), Ms. Dondi VonQuestinberg (a Zen practitioner and entrepreneur) and others . . . these are not authors writing for other authors. In fact, most of these folks have been in mainstream media on televised news, in magazines, and on radio for their prowess and capability. Instead of seeing these individuals through a futurist lens YOU determined to find a few areas of what you consider weakness to deride. Well, shame on you, because a former ambassador, an Apartheid activist, a Jesuit Priest and Road Scholar don't deserve your insults, nor do I. I am certain their credentials and work is equal to if not exceeding your own.

Re-referencing Ms. Palmer for instance, her former husband initially paid the $813.75 to join the collective trust and publish, "Shattered," which retitled to "No Place to Go." Hardly a rip off, hardly vanity, hardly subsidy. If I'd intended to subsidy - I would have made it for an actual cost, not a stipend to pay for marketing and promotions. The contract - other than this stipend remained totally a traditional agreement; however, the former sole proprietorship, "THE BOOK NOOK / DONNAINK PUBLICATIONS" was relinquished and a new LLC is the publishing house.

Additionally, early authors were provided a selection of services from as able, such as:
• Advance Reader Copies – 4 Months
• Advertisements and Promotions to Consumer Market - 3 Months
• ARC Dissemination for Reviewers – 2 Months Prior to Release
• Author Blog Tour Listings - 2 Months to Release Date
• Blog - Approximately 2 Month Prior to Release Date
• Book Award Listings – 2 Month to Release
• Book Industry Newsletter | Publications - 3 Months to Release
• Book Launch Party – 1 – 2 Weeks Post-Release
• Book Signing Listings - 2 Months to Release
• Bookmarks - a weak area of ours
• Bookstore Signings – 2 Weeks and Onward Post-Release
• Bulk Sales Research – 2 Month to Release
• Business Cards - a weak area of ours
• Cover Design
• Editorial Services
• Endorsements – 4 Months
• Festival Listings - 2 Month to Release
• Ghostwriting
• Marketing Plan Outline - 3 Months to Release
• Marketing Plan Summary - 3 Months to Release
• Online Groups – Approximately 3 Months Prior to Release Date
• Press Kit and Media Outreach Plan – 3 Months Prior to Release
• Publicity and Interview Planning – 3 Months
• Radio | Television Interviews – 2 Weeks and Onward Post-Release
• Social Network Service Profiles - Approximately 2 Month Prior to Release Date
• Trade Show Listings - 2 Month to Release
• Training - as authors regarding publishing, writing, interviews, radio programming, etc.
• Website – Approximately - 2 Months Prior to Release Date
• Website Design
• Weekly and Bi-Weekly Conference Calls

We also have association with film-makers:
Actually, I am acquainted with over 1K varied film-making entities and they do consider our authors screen plays. In fact, one is being promoted by a former KGB operative at this time - we are currently in negotiations.

However, an Actress we are considering does have a new Elvis title releasing later this year with also film-making aspirations and as a prior film-making participant and old film family - from Gone with the Wind Era - she has the credibility to achieve this.

We provide access to Brick and Mortar stores:
We have books in brick n' mortar stores: Chapters in Canada and privately owned and operated brick and mortar book stores in multiple states and soon to be overseas.

An aside: the recently passed Ann Crispin ("Writer's Beware" originator) was a friend of mine from junior and senior high school years. We lived in the same neighborhood and rode horses together in a (of all things) collective trust stable. She fed my horses (I had three and rode hunt seat and western pleasure) some weeks and I fed her horse (Thor - she shared with her sister Faith). Ann's former name was Ann Tickell and while not best buddies necessarily - she knew me well for my nature and the fact I am ethical, honest, good-hearted and maintain a desire to do right by authors and that I'm "easy" (often said about me - I'm too trusting). In fact, Ann was my friend on Facebook and observed I do for authors and a multitude of positive of author commentaries.

My sin is doing what is right for our authors. As an author I want to see authors treated well. Respect and dignity without being taken advantage of.

Am I doing anything phony or false or wrongful? NO.

Do you own me anything? No, but yes courtesy would be nice. A telephone call to discuss your concerns and share your convictions on how to get it right where you feel it is wrong and provides industry regulations and not your opinion please. If you prove there are "issues" I'll thank you and correct them. That is what decent human beings with real concerns and desire to see it done well and right and correct do.

This feels like bullying.

Genuinely yours,

Ms. Donna L. Quesinberry
CEO-President and Founder

There is so much wrong with that post that I don't know where to start in refuting it.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Dana, I commend your work as an activist for the differently-abled community.

I have family, friends, and associates who are living with physical and mental challenges. So I take gentle issue with a very mainstream tendency to reflexively soften judgment of artwork and writing from differently-abled artists. In some cases, I've seen well-meaning promoters marketing the art through the filter of those challenges - especially if the artwork's flaws are apparently being excused only because of the artist's limitations.

When art is being produced for therapy's sake, or comes to public notice as 'outsider art', lower standards might reasonably apply. Art really transcends its background when it rises on its own merit, beyond what would be 'expected' of its creator.

Henry Darger was not Michaelangelo; but both artists have made lasting impressions in the art world. The quilters of Gee's Bend came from impoverished Southern backgrounds, but created fiber art as vibrant and sophisticated as anything coming out of four-year fashion and textile design colleges.

When art is being specifically promoted for a more mainstream audience, it needs to be judged as it compares to similar art from other artists across the ability spectrum. Readers may care about a writer's backstory of life challenges. Or they may not. It's far better for the artist, if their work can stand up to comparisons with their peers.

I wish you well in your publishing endeavors, and hope you maintain and earn the trust of the authors and artists you have gathered.