• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Browne & Miller Literary Associates

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about them? I found them on AgentQuery.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any personal experience with this place? Thanks.

YAKara75

Registered
Reaction score
Received a request for an exclusive full on April 17th. Granted them the exclusive for four weeks, and I'm now in the process of waiting for a reply. HO-HUM.... Anyone have any personal experience waiting for a reply? The exclusive runs out on May 17th, and I already have another agent waiting to read. I don't plan on extending the exclusive past the 17th...

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Received a request for an exclusive full on April 17th. Granted them the exclusive for four weeks, and I'm now in the process of waiting for a reply. HO-HUM.... Anyone have any personal experience waiting for a reply? The exclusive runs out on May 17th, and I already have another agent waiting to read. I don't plan on extending the exclusive past the 17th...

What happened with them? Their website seems to be down. I hope you got good news?

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Website seems to be back up again so I e-queried them today. Anyone out there got any recent experience of response times? Or signed with them recently?

Anyone out there still tracking, i'll keep you posted on if/when I get a response to my query...

PS) If anyone is interested, Joanna McKenzie, one of the agents at Browne & Miller (i think she's mostly interested in YA) has a blog over here: http://theateamblog.wordpress.com/

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Emailed 7/22 R on 8/31

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried this agency recently? I am thinking of querying Joanna MacKenzie. I thought I'd check with you guys first.

Thanks,

ILS

CMP

Registered
Reaction score
On their website, it states that they will charge you for the copies of your manuscript that they send to editors with the pitch letter. Is that standard practice?

MartinD

Thought I'd stop by
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't started the agent search but my best writing friend has an agent at a small but legit agency in NYC. She says they make the same claim, still haven't sold her book, have sent out dozens of copies and never charged her. Maybe if she sells?

CMP

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I just figured out how to check for replies to my posts, which is the reason for the delayed response. Maybe I'll send them a query after all.

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Joanna on 9/13 and got a partial request on 9/27. I sent it, and was told they'd have an answer for me in 2-4 weeks.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
wondering if there's any further info or updates on this agency. so far on this thread all i see are requests, but no follow ups from there or even rejections. i have them on my list of agents to query and would like to know what the deal is with this agency.

thanks

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
The comments for Joanna MacKenzie on QueryTracker show that she's still actively rejecting queries. Her stats there also list six requests for more material, all of which resulted in rejections.

Granted, that's only for people who are reporting on QueryTracker, and it's quite possible that the people here were rejected but didn't feel like posting it.

Publisher's Marketplace lists two sales from the middle of last year as well as the sale of a ton of international rights. The last sale of any kind posted was in September.

robinwrite2010

Registered
Reaction score
I also queried them back in November-never heard back. But, my original query lacked essence. So...I tossed the old out and wrote a new one of which i will be re-querying them as well as others i never heard back from.

Wish me Luck

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Equeried Joanna MacKenzie on 8th March. Received partial request (100 pages) on 24th March. :)

KosseMix

fixing a limp query...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kossemix.blogspot.com
Joanna is a graduate of the University of Chicago, the school that I graduated from. In my third year, the school held a sort of "industry workshop" for all sorts of industries and I attended the publishing one. She was there and gave a talk about how to become an agent, what agents do, etc. She is very professional and knows what she's talking about, according to the information I've gathered from this forum about agenting and publishing. She's also very nice, so if you end up signing with her, you'll like her :)

UntouchableGreen

Registered
Reaction score
Queried on 11/3 and got a full request on 11/4. :) They sold a YA to Tor Teen recently which I'm excited about since Tor Teen is one of my top pick Publishers.
-YA Steampunk

FUwriting

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Submitted to Joanna MacKenzie last week. Just received a full request -- she's my dream agent!