CONGRATULATIONS ZIPCODE CONTEST WINNERS!

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So do we get to find out who wrote the other poems?

+ 1 for finding out.

Also, do we get to find out the full results? I can understand if people are shy about coming last (but don't worry, I have that covered.) -- I'd be even more interested to see how many people voted. :)

Blarg

Banned
Reaction score
They were sent to me in confidence for the purposes of the contest only, and that's how they'll stay until and unless the authors themselves decide otherwise. As they're not my poems, I don't think I have a true say in the matter.

The votes were likewise confidential, and, as far as my end goes, I'm keeping it that way. Nobody's stopping anyone from saying how they voted, though. Again, not my decision.

Last edited:

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fair enough, Chief. :)

Still, can we get a figure on the amount of votes and a listing of how badly I did?

My own entry was Poem #5 :)

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
They were sent to me in confidence for the purposes of the contest only, and that's how they'll stay until and unless the authors themselves decide otherwise. As they're not my poems, I don't think I have a true say in the matter.

The votes were likewise confidential, and, as far as my end goes, I'm keeping it that way. Nobody's stopping anyone from saying how they voted, though. Again, not my decision.
understandable .

though i thought i seen something 'bout the list being posted with the results beside each poem.

however, i assumed the poets agreed to this. If they havent it would be a big, big no no.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score

That's really weird. Usually whoever runs the contests tells us. It's cool to see who wrote what.

Anyway, here's how I voted:

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]4. Place V Us[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]11. Prairie Princess[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]8. Hell[/FONT]

Congratulations to the winners!

Well done, poets. You all made voting almost impossibly difficult, so high was the standard of each poem. Thank you all for sharing your work with us.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was a great contest! Only one of my faves didn't make it. (Clearly there was some kind of vote-counting error there....)

Well done, poets. You are a clever lot!

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was a great contest! Only one of my faves didn't make it. (Clearly there was some kind of vote-counting error there....)

Lolorama. Transparency! Transparency! They've all got it in for me! :)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I voted for

6. Unseen
11. Prairie Princess
2. After the Day's Catch

I'd like to know who wrote my choice for 1st place--Unseen.

Last edited:

CDSinex

Imagine something clever here.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
understandable .

though i thought i seen something 'bout the list being posted with the results beside each poem.

You did. :D

Blarg said:
I will then post complete results with vote totals for every entry, and announce the winner.

Mine was [FONT=&quot]No. 15: The House on Depot Hill[/FONT]

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
I don't mind coming last.

Place V Us (no 4), was mine

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I think you do have a say, Blarg. As an entrant in this contest, I agreed to abide by the rules of the contest which were laid out here:

AW POETRY CONTEST - ZIPCODE

In those rules, in the "How to Vote" section, you said (bolding mine):

I will then post complete results with vote totals for every entry, and announce the winner.
I don't understand the secrecy you are adhering to now in not, at the very least, revealing who wrote what poem. It makes no logical sense. If you don't want to post the vote totals (as you indicated you would), at least let us know who wrote what.

Every last poem entered in this contest was a good poem. Every entrant deserves recognition for their efforts in making this contest work. Withholding names does not give those entrants the kudos they deserve.

The votes were confidential and no one is asking you to declare who each member voted for--that would be breaking confidentiality. But telling us who wrote the poems and even giving a tally of the votes is not breaking confidentiality. From my perspective, I want to know how well I did so I can improve my performance in the future offerings. It helps me as a poet to know.

thehairymob

If I had a brain I'd still be dumb
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
I don't mind putting my hand up to being the one which wrote Unseen and thank those that voted for it. I also agree with Ambrosia in wishing to know how badly I did, :) It all adds to the fun of the the venture. :)

Blarg

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone who wants to know how they did can PM me.

And that's all there is to it, as far as I'm concerned. The contest is a done deal, any kvetching will be summarily ignored, and I hope everyone had fun.

If so, or if not, you can always host and/or donate to another contest, maybe even your own. I'll even help you get started. It looks like one of my prizes was not chosen. It, or its rough cost equivalent, will be rolled over into the next contest.

I hope we continue to have fun with these contests in the future. I'm crossing my fingers we won't have to wait too long!

Last edited:

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Blarg for hosting the contest. It was fun to read and vote.

CDSinex

Imagine something clever here.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Asking someone to keep their word is hardly "kvetching."

People only asked for the vote breakdown because you PROMISED to provide it.

“I will then post complete results with vote totals for every entry, and announce the winner.”

I wonder what made you change your mind?

Last edited:

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
... that's all there is to it, as far as I'm concerned. The contest is a done deal, any kvetching will be summarily ignored...

You did count the votes, didn't you? ;)

So it wouldn't be that much of an effort to post what you already know, would it?

ETA: I was 'the asshole' and would love to see how many had a heart for me... :cry:

Last edited:

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Most contests I've entered had the results presented in 3 categories:

Prize winners (top 3; sometimes 5)
Honourable Mentions (top 5-10 of the non-prize winners, depending on the number of entrants)
Remaining Entrants (the rest)

I'd imagine this contest would have at least 2 of those categories...

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
okay. I'm not sure what exactly is up, but got a report, so I'm going to read this and talk to Rob. be back shortly.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote Current.

So that only leaves 5 unclaimed entries.