• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Judith Ehrlich Literary Management

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
I went back and forth with Martha Hoffman for a long time last year with my novel before in the end signing with another agent. I think she's great though.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Martha has sold anything or who she reps? I have tried to find out, but I am not coming up with much. I haven't queried her yet because of this.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Judith Ehrlich is very well established, and Martha would have all those contacts. If you think your ms. would interest her, I'd send it and see what she has to say to you.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just a note that Emmanuelle Alspaugh joined Judith Erhlich Lit. Mgmt. in Aug '08 (from Wendy Sherman & Assocs.).

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this one since it's been a while since anyone posted on it.

Saw an agent's recommendation of Ms. Alspaugh on Twitter, queried last night and got a request for synopsis today.

Leanan-Sidhe

leaving trails of fairy dust
Registered
Reaction score
That`s awesome, Cyia! What genre did you submit?
I queried her a few days ago and haven`t heard back yet. Wonder if she rejects via nonresponse.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
"Sharp" was the exact description the agent on Twitter gave for her. It's why I went Googling to find out which agency she's at :)

ETA: It was an 'R' today, but at least it was a quick one.

Last edited:

Leanan-Sidhe

leaving trails of fairy dust
Registered
Reaction score
Cyia--Aww. :Hug2: Well, quick is good. Send out some revenge queries!

ChrisKelly331

Peter Steele <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinakelly.webs.com
hey I just recieved a partial request from Emmanuelle Alspaugh from a query I sent October 11th. I'm really excited! Does anyone know her average response time on requested materials?

RBSHoo

One of those quiet-but-smart guys...
Registered
Reaction score
hey I just recieved a partial request from Emmanuelle Alspaugh from a query I sent October 11th. I'm really excited! Does anyone know her average response time on requested materials?

After getting a partial request from Emmanuelle, I waited about 4 weeks before getting a request for a full. Another six weeks before I got a short but personal note rejecting. She did give me a referral to another agent, so that was nice of her.

tsrosenberg

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsrosenberg.wordpress.com
This is on the agency's submission page today:

Please note that, due to technical problems, all queries sent to Emmanuelle Alspaugh between October 5th and November 24th were not received. If you sent your query during that time, we encourage you to resend.

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Hi all!

Emmanuelle Alspaugh is my agent. If anyone is considering an offer from her and is curious to know what she's like to work with (great, btw) feel free to drop me a PM or email at letters(at)alissa-johnson(dot)com. I'll answer any questions I can. :)

Best of luck with your submissions!

Cornelia

Registered
Reaction score
Emmanuelle is my agent. I signed with her after hearing good things from another of her authors on this very board.

She responded very quickly to my historical romance query and when she decided she liked my book she called me and worked very hard to persuade me to sign with her. Though she had not sold much Romance at the time I decided her enthusiasm was a huge point in her favor. No one had ever been enthusiastic about my work before and though other agents had also requested my full manuscript, I knew I might wait months to hear back from them only to get a rejection. So I signed with Emmanuelle.

She repaid my trust in her by selling my novel and two more to Avon after putting the book up for auction. The whole sales process took two weeks from submission to deal. Since selling my books she has sold romances by several more authors.

She will put you through an editing cycle before submitting your work. She suggested some very helpful edits and some that I wasn't crazy about but she did not insist I make all her suggested changes.

I have to add that I love the editor she sold my books to. I had lunch with the editor and Emmanuelle and I feel extremely fortunate to have found the perfect team to publish my books.

--Jenny Brown
http://lordsoftheseventhhouse.blogspot.com

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all - anyone query this agency recently? Ms. Alspaugh in particular?

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Yes... but haven't heard back. And I don't think that's a good thing as I've heard she's fast if she likes the material. What's your genre, JJPie?

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Yes... but haven't heard back. And I don't think that's a good thing as I've heard she's fast if she likes the material. What's your genre, JJPie?

Thanks Rowan. I queried an urban fantasy, which the agency website indicated was an interest.