• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Carol Mann Agency

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
I searched and couldn't find an existing thread, so I'm starting a new one.

I'm looking for any additional information anyone may have about the Carol Mann Agency. I already see the information at the agency website, and I see that P&E has assigned a $ to the agency and I see the page at Publisher's Marketplace but I'm having trouble finding any information beyond that. Agents are Carol Mann, Laura Yorke, Nicole Bergstrom and Urvashi Chakravarty.

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for any additional information anyone may have about the Carol Mann Agency. I already see the information at the agency website, and I see that P&E has assigned a $ to the agency and I see the page at Publisher's Marketplace but I'm having trouble finding any information beyond that. Agents are Carol Mann, Laura Yorke, Nicole Bergstrom and Urvashi Chakravarty.

Publishers Marketplace lists 100 deal that she or her agency have sold since December 2000. Here's the break down.

Non-fiction (36);
Non-fiction: Parenting (12);
Non-fiction: History/Politics/Current Affairs (10);
Non-fiction: General/Other (7);
Non-fiction: Business/Investing/Finance (6);
Non-fiction: Health (4);
Foreign rights: Fiction (3);
Non-fiction: Biography (3);
Foreign rights: Non-fiction (2);
Non-fiction: Advice/Relationships (2);
Non-fiction: Cooking (2);
Non-fiction: Memoir (2);
Fiction: General/Other (1);
Film rights (1);
Non-fiction: Diet (1);
Non-fiction: Narrative (1);
Non-fiction: Pop Culture (1);
Non-fiction: Religion/Spirituality (1);
Non-fiction: Sports (1);
Paperback rights (1)

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Wrong forum--should be in B&BC.

She has an entry at querytracker.net, so that might give some further info.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Gettingby, all you have to do is google carol mann agency and it's all there.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I did google. I was just wondering if people had any stories or experience to share. Of course, I googled and read her Web site and other things. A lot of people here post about agents, and other people weigh in. I am sorry I posted in the wrong place.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for linking my post to the previous one. I am not sure how I missed that. Sorry. Has anyone had any experience with the place?

Lucca

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about Nicole Bergstrom? Any past experiences with her?

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have a manuscript out with or have heard back from Myrsini Stephanides? She's new to Carol Mann and has my full.

She also blogs on their agency web site and Twitters if anyone is curious about her.

skippingstone

Bouncing Atop the Water
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to Carol Mann herself over the summer. She got back to me in about 5 weeks, although she is a friend of a friend so probably felt obliged to respond more quickly than she might have otherwise. She warned me ahead of time that she almost exclusively reps nonfiction. My novel, she said, was "too dark for her tastes" and she passed but I knew at the outset it was a long shot. HTH.

WriterMorgan

Scribble, type, scribble, type.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have a manuscript out with or have heard back from Myrsini Stephanides? She's new to Carol Mann and has my full.

She also blogs on their agency web site and Twitters if anyone is curious about her.

She has my full, as well. I saw some posts on Twitter that she was sick so I'm sure that set her back a bit. It's that time of year for cold/flu for all of us :)

Skodobah

I don't dream for nothing!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julieduck.com

I sent a full to Myrsini last Friday, so I'm sure it'll be awhile before I hear something.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck to those of you with manuscripts out with Myrisini. I'll update here when I hear back. It's only been about three weeks for me.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I was checking twitter today and saw Myrsini tweet how much she was enjoying a manuscript. She took a photo of it! Was that someone here? If so, that's awesome.

WriterMorgan

Scribble, type, scribble, type.
Registered
Reaction score
lol that is pretty awesome. I can tell it's not mine by the layout in the chapter break, but it's DEFINITELY awesome for someone! :)

Skodobah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
julieduck.com
I was squinting at the photo, too. Whoever it belongs to is probably singing the yippee song!

BTW, I need to sing the yippee song - received offer from another agent last night, and sent Myrsini a note this morning about it. Haven't heard from her yet.

- Julie

Southern Girl

Prayer in a tango
Registered
Reaction score
That twit pic was super cute. But alas, not mine, either.

Frig.

hawk

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Gang ~
I queried Myrsini on 10.27.09, she responded on 11.4.09 requesting my full (8 days). I emailed full ms next day and she responded to that with a big thank you! What a class act!!! I can only hope she likes my work as much as I already like her style. Besides, she is into music and Woodstock and "offbeat fiction" - what could be bad??!

With Positive Vibes for All of Us ~ hawk

Skodobah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
julieduck.com
She's a really nice lady. I told her about the offer I received and she gave me best wishes and was very kind. Whoever gets her as their agent is lucky!

- Julie