• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Irene Webb Productions (formerly Irene Webb Literary)

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Irene Webb Literary appears to be a hefty player, with clients like Carl Hiaasen and Dominick Dunne. Located in New Mexico, Irene Webb also closes plenty of book-to-film deals in Hollywood. Yet, this agency's presence in literary websites is spare. Moreover, the agency's submission guidelines are contradictory. Agentquery states IWL doesn't accept unsolicited queries whereas Litmatch and the agency's own website (http://www.irenewebb.com/publishing.html) say nothing one way or the other. There also are no threads in Absolutewrite.

If anyone can shed some light on this stealth agent, it would be great to share it here.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
When in doubt, call.
Keep it brief.
Tell whomever answers that you are confused as to whether they are accepting queries due to conflicting information online. Don't be a pain. Don't try to query by phone should the agent answer (unless she asks for more info).
I recently called an agent who, according to Bewares, has not accepted unsollicited queries in at least five years, and according to his own Web site, does not take on unreferred clients. His assistant told me to send along the query anyway.
He recently requested the first 100 pages.
You never know and, as long as you're not a pest, it can't hurt.

Mrs. Strange

Water resistant
Registered
Reaction score
Irene is my agent. What would you like to know?

bookgirl71

Registered
Reaction score
Irene Webb

Is she a no- responder if she doesn't care for the query? I emailed her on 3/17 and never heard back.

Mrs. Strange

Water resistant
Registered
Reaction score
bookgirl- I'm not sure that she has a set policy on response times or if she does/doesn't reply. You should e-mail her and ask for an update.

Sorry. Don't think I was much help on this first question.

bookgirl71

Registered
Reaction score
thanks Mrs. Strange

I took your advice and requeried for an update. I guess only time will tell. Has she been able to get any books published for you? What is she like to work with?

Thanks.

Mrs. Strange

Water resistant
Registered
Reaction score
We started subbing in April. I'm sure you know how slow things are right now=)

She has an amazing knowledge of the lit world (and movie/TV too) and a solid reputation. She's also very supportive and prompt in returning my e-mails. We work very well together.

Mrs. Strange

Water resistant
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks bookgirl. I've learned to be very patient. Good luck w/ your agent search.

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Mrs. Strange: both querytracker and agentquery state: "This agent does not currently accept unsolicited queries." Yet her website states no such thing. Can you clarify just what her policy is currently? Thanks.

Mrs. Strange

Water resistant
Registered
Reaction score
Angkor- I'll check w/ her to see if anything has changed, but usually she doesn't report deals to Publisher's Marketplace or update other sites like Query Tracker and Agent Query. I found her by chance and queried w/o knowing her policy.

If she lets me know something different I'll post it here.

eurodan49

Banned
Reaction score
Was referred to her by another agent and she promptly asked for a full… we shall see what comes out of it.

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
UM -- I just sent a query. We'll see what happens.

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I had posted this, but apparently not.

E Query sent: 4/8/10
Request for full: 4/9/10

Lower YA fantasy. She sent a very personalized request. She thought the idea was "charming" and asked if I'd contacted other agents or editors. I responded to her questions and attached the full. Now, I'm waiting.

I'd love to have her as an agent. She reps one of my favorite horror writers, Peter Straub. I love writing YA and MG, but it would be nice to have an agent who could also handle an adult paranormal.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
's looking good, ILS! Especially the jealousy part! (You know, the "are you dating anyone else?" line : ) )

Fingers, toes, eyes, legs--all crossed for ya!

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
She just requested my full (graphic novel), asked whether other agents/editors have seen it. I'll let you know how it goes.

RoseMarie

Words ARE my blood...
Registered
Reaction score
Sent my query 4/21...nothing yet. I think it's safe to say it's a 'no' :S

RoseMarie

Words ARE my blood...
Registered
Reaction score
She just requested my full (graphic novel), asked whether other agents/editors have seen it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Awesome Miss Plum! ^.^ Wish you well (since 'good luck' scares some people)

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Rejected 6/3/10. "Liked but didn't love the writing."

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Miss Plum :(

Notice I chose a plum colored smiley? Err, frowny.

I'm still waiting on the full I sent. I know that when (nope, I gotta be positive) IF she rejects me, I'll probably go on a shopping spree or eat a lot of chocolate.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
:(

Notice I chose a plum colored smiley? Err, frowny.

I'm still waiting on the full I sent. I know that when (nope, I gotta be positive) IF she rejects me, I'll probably go on a shopping spree or eat a lot of chocolate.
Hee hee, thank you! I'm just catching up all my results on requests (partial and full) on these boards.

How long has your full been with her? Heck, maybe you have a better chance than me; my rejection was pretty quick, so if you're alive after more than a week . . . fingers crossed.

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I sent her the full on 4/9.