• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Preditors & Editors Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck! We all appreciate you so much!

exculp

Registered
Reaction score
Get In Line

Will donations be used in the Bauer/Vic case against PE or Vic's lawsuit against you? Or both?

Dave, better build a big war chest. All of the people that you have maligned are going to destroy you and show you for the self serving individual that you are.

Without a shred of realistic evidence you have besmirched and harmed sincere people attempting to make a living. You have set your own personal criteria for maligning people and taken advantage of writers who are naive by misleading them.

Expect more of these lawsuits. For those people who have been unfairly maligned and put on these McCarthy type lists, it doesn't cost much to file a lawsuit, but it does to defend it. If the legal venue is out of state it is the defendant's responsibility to show up at the hearings, depositions and trials. If he does not, a default judgement will be directed by the courts. These judgements can be collected across state lines.

Shame on you Kuzminski for maliciously harming others and misleading naive authors into thinking that you are an authority on who is "bad" and who is "good". Your ego is bigger than your ability.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Without a shred of realistic evidence you have besmirched and harmed sincere people attempting to make a living

Oh, please. The Preditors and Editors list collates specific information from consumers, just like Angie's List or Yelp or Consumer Reports.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Expect more of these lawsuits. For those people who have been unfairly maligned and put on these McCarthy type lists, it doesn't cost much to file a lawsuit, but it does to defend it. If the legal venue is out of state it is the defendant's responsibility to show up at the hearings, depositions and trials. If he does not, a default judgement will be directed by the courts. These judgements can be collected across state lines.
Are you saying this is primarily a "slap suit"? That is, the purpose is not to win in court but to make the defendant rack up large legal expenses?

Some jurisdictions have made that illegal, and punishable by some pretty hefty fines.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Ah yes, shame on Dave for exposing a shady business. How dare he.

Thanks for the laugh exculp :) People never cease to amaze me. I wonder if you would be singing the same tune if you were the one swindled...

exculp

Registered
Reaction score
Beware of False Prophets

Several weeks ago, in response to an opinion I made that ran contrary to the majority viewpoint at AW, I was called a troll. Now comes ROBJ, who calmly and politely, expresses his opinion about Preditors and Editors, a viewpoint that is also contrary to the majority position here, and he too, gets jumped upon. The lack of tolerance for dissenting opinions at AW continues to be troubling.

Like lynch mob mentality? Unsubstantiated comments do not necessarily constitute facts.

exculp

Registered
Reaction score
Beware of Wolves In Sheeps Clothing

Ah yes, shame on Dave for exposing a shady business. How dare he.

Thanks for the laugh exculp :) People never cease to amaze me. I wonder if you would be singing the same tune if you were the one swindled...

Dig a little deeper. You might feel different if you were one of those unfairly maligned. Setting arbitrary standards, not necessarily realistic, usually skews the end result. Kind of like polling, it depends on the demographics polled to find the "correct" result.

Think for yourself. Do not allow other to make decisions for you. Set your own criteria for judgment.

David Koresh thought he knew the truth.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'll need to be a little more specific about which of P&E's, or Dave's, standards you find objectionable.

Otherwise you're just jawing, dear. You know... maligning.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Dave, better build a big war chest. All of the people that you have maligned are going to destroy you and show you for the self serving individual that you are.
Self-serving? This isn't a salad bar. This is writers helping other writers.
Without a shred of realistic evidence you have besmirched and harmed sincere people attempting to make a living. You have set your own personal criteria for maligning people and taken advantage of writers who are naive by misleading them.
Hmmm, I noticed you didn't call them honest. I will agree that they could be sincere in their attempts to rip off writers in order to make a living.
Um, you seem to think I'm unwilling to face my accusers. Well, first they have to show that they actually have a case for the court to even accept it. Then they have to win. That's not likely since I've based my recommendations and opinions upon documentation.
Shame on you Kuzminski for maliciously harming others and misleading naive authors into thinking that you are an authority on who is "bad" and who is "good". Your ego is bigger than your ability.
What's malicious is what those others are doing to writers. In the meantime, stock up on ice cubes. Eventually, you'll need them when you reach your final destination.

Last edited:

exculp

Registered
Reaction score
Self-serving? This isn't a salad bar. This is writers helping other writers.

No Dave, you've set yourself up as judge and jury in some cases with knowing actual facts. You have damaged (honest) people with your blacklisting. Opinions emailed do not necessarily constitute facts.

Hmmm, I noticed you didn't call them honest. I will agree that they could be sincere in their attempts to rip off writers in order to make a living.

The Assumption is that most people are honest until proven otherwise, not by innuendo or mob vote.

Um, you seem to think I'm unwilling to face my accusers. Well, first they have to show that they actually have a case for the court to even accept it. Then they have to win. That's not likely since I've based my recommendations and opinions upon documentation.

Opinions do not equate to fact.

What's malicious is what those others are doing to writers. In the meantime, stock up on ice cubes. Eventually, you'll need them.

There are a few unscrupulous people out there who only intend to enrich themselves at the expense of others, but you boyo are not the expert that you portray yourself as. You make mistakes, you cause hurt to others without even looking back. Your ego needs to be reined in or it will cost you.

Not quite sure what your reference to "ice cubes" means, but I hope it isn't a threat.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let me guess, exculp: Your company got a "not recommended" on P&E.

P&E has never claimed to be infallible. They take the information they get, collate it, and try to put it together in the most honest, informative way they can. The vast majority of the time, they get it right. I'm not sure what more you could expect out of any watchdog group, paid or free.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
. . . it will cost you.
For the record, do you think he'll lose in court and the defendants given a judgment against him, or are you implying that those who disagree with him will try to make him "pay" in legal fees? If it's the latter, don't you think that says something about the plaintiffs?

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Not quite sure what your reference to "ice cubes" means, but I hope it isn't a threat.

Um...ice cubes....Hell is hot...you know? Hell? Where bad people go...

Not sayin' that's you...just sayin' I think that's what he meant.

For the record, I am of the opinion that if you are going to come into a site and start trash-talking one of its most respected members, you should probably bring actual information with you instead of "I am NOT a thief! Dave is a liar!" That kind of argument, with no backup info, doesn't work in grade school and it won't work here, either. At least not if you want to be taken seriously.

I get that you're mad about something Dave did, I truly do. you may (repeat, MAY) even have justification for your feelings (which I, personally, doubt, but that's just my opinion), but until you can show US what YOU see, rather than simply telling us Dave is the ultimate evil, then you're really just talking to your computer screen.

Last edited:

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Dig a little deeper. You might feel different if you were one of those unfairly maligned. Setting arbitrary standards, not necessarily realistic, usually skews the end result. Kind of like polling, it depends on the demographics polled to find the "correct" result.

Think for yourself. Do not allow other to make decisions for you. Set your own criteria for judgment.

David Koresh thought he knew the truth.

*snerk*

First of all, I do think for myself. I make my judgements based on the evidence presented to me. And my judgements can and do change at any time with new evidence. So don't go making assumptions about me or anyone else okay? Because we all know what happens when you assume - you make an ass out of yourself. You'll find few 'mindless' members here, if any at all.

Everything Dave, P&E and others have presented have yet to be refuted by anything substantial. So unless and until they are, I'm going to side with them. If PA or any other company feels they don't deserve the not recommended mark against them, then prove it. Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. As far as I can see, any company advised as not recommended deserve it. Yours must have been one of them, or else you work for or are published by one of them. Because each and every person who's accused Dave and the others as being arbitrary or unfair tends to be a scammer, uninformed about real publishing or else embarrassed that they got swindled and resort to attacking those people who were right all along.

So which catagory do you fall into?

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Exculp, grow the hell up.

If you joined this board simply to come to this thread and take verbal potshots at Dave, you've profoundly misjudged this community. You're also not going to last very long, here.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, s/he joined awhile back to tell us off collectively. Has yet to provide any support for his/her arguments there, either. :rolleyes:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Aha, thank you Cao. It's all starting to get a little bit clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.