Location Abomination Mortification

Holly Green

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to change my location to the Atherton Tablelands, the part of FNQ in which I live. Let's see what happens.
Hot pools and some place with a cool name--Ravenshoe! That's a much better sales pitch that those other three pins. I'm on my way!

Wait...is it Raven shoe, or Ravens hoe...?

Raven shoe makes me think of birdies with cute little booties on, whereas Ravens hoe conjures up images of birds wielding potentially dangerous garden implements...which could cause me to rethink my travel plans...

Last edited:

Ellis Clover

watching The Office again
Registered
Reaction score
Love that Roxxsmom's location goes straight to the San Andreas Fault!

I'm going to change my location to the Atherton Tablelands, the part of FNQ in which I live. Let's see what happens.
Oooh, Millaa Millaa! I drove through once and was so taken by the place I planned to set a book there one day :love:

• Love
Reactions: Helix

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Hot pools and some place with a cool name--Ravenshoe! That's a much better sales pitch that those other three pins. I'm on my way!

Wait...is it Raven shoe, or Ravens hoe...?

Ravens-hoe!

The disappointing thing about Innot Hot Springs is that, although the whole Tablelands region is volcanic, the water is not heated by volcanic activity, but is just rain that's gone a long way down into the granite and then come back up again. What a swizz!

It is bloody hot though. And the overflow lakes are a good spot to see cotton and green pygmy-geese and other waterbirds.

Holly Green

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe we should all, en masse, change our location to, "inside Google's head," to see what happens...

Would probably just link to the head office though. How disappointing would that be...

Holly Green

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder what would have been pinned to my map if I had written, "where the bugs aren't."

My guess is the same. Google may have assumed that I had already used pest control services to create a bug-free environment and therefore that I may be interested in getting competitive quotes from other pest control services to maintain my bug-free status.

I guess it could've been worse--ads for spyware and surveillance gadgets. Or links to hackers sites. (Not sure if hackers have sites, but not going to google it...)