Hullo there!

T. D. Hunter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm T. D. I'm a 32-year-old introvert, work a full-time job, and have aspirations of publishing a novel in the future. To date, I have one published short story in a small (not professional market) anthology. I write for the enjoyment of seeing my characters come alive, though. And I take pleasure in seeing the enjoyment others have in reading my work.

Other interests include modeling (3D), music (composition/arrangement), art (let me stress: not an artist), reading, and the ever popular (if mundane) walk on the beach. And watch out! I use the Oxford comma. (Not with the grammar gestapo though, I promise!)

As for writing, I started out writing fanfiction in high school and graduated to original fiction shortly after. I prefer fantasy and science fiction, but will dabble in other forms of speculative fiction if the mood strikes me. I read the same. My favorite authors include Arthur C. Clark, Robert Heinlein, C. S. Lewis, and Michael Ende.

If there are any other questions you might have of me, please feel free to ask. I'm an open book (like that pun hasn't been done before...)

Reactions: Izz

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do love me a confessed introvert! Welcome (quietly)

Nether

is walking the plank at a pirate-themed water park
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

and have aspirations of publishing a novel in the future.

Meaning you've written one that you're trying to publish, or that you're somewhere in the process of writing one?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a process, for sure. And I find it hard to not go back and edit while I'm writing.
My advice - get to the end. The editing is the next stage: but you cant edit what isn't finished.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hear that a lot from writers. I'm trying a new strategy. I'm writing the major scenes and plot points, then filling in the gaps.
wow. Let me know how that works. I'm happy to try anything at this point...

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome T. D. to the greatest writing place on Earth! It's great to meet you :)

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW has everything you need to help you improve your craft and get familiar with the ins and outs of the industry, from information to an awesome community. The forums are large and it can be overwhelming/intimidating at first but if you take your time exploring you'll quickly get the lay of the land.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These resources will help you understand the rules, etiquette and culture of all the various forum spaces, and will help you avoid potentially embarrassing newbie mistakes.

If you're into spec fic you'll enjoy our Science Fiction | Fantasy discussion room. You might also find our Short Fiction subforum fun to explore, and if you're keen on getting into a regular habit of writing and submitting short fiction you could check out our Write 1 | Sub 1 space, which is beginning to pick up steam again.

Explore, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself! One of the great things about AW, in my opinion, is that you can take it all in, and interact, at your own pace.

See you around the boards! :D
Izz

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm T. D. I'm a 32-year-old introvert, work a full-time job, and have aspirations of publishing a novel in the future. To date, I have one published short story in a small (not professional market) anthology. I write for the enjoyment of seeing my characters come alive, though. And I take pleasure in seeing the enjoyment others have in reading my work.

Other interests include modeling (3D), music (composition/arrangement), art (let me stress: not an artist), reading, and the ever popular (if mundane) walk on the beach. And watch out! I use the Oxford comma. (Not with the grammar gestapo though, I promise!)

As for writing, I started out writing fanfiction in high school and graduated to original fiction shortly after. I prefer fantasy and science fiction, but will dabble in other forms of speculative fiction if the mood strikes me. I read the same. My favorite authors include Arthur C. Clark, Robert Heinlein, C. S. Lewis, and Michael Ende.

If there are any other questions you might have of me, please feel free to ask. I'm an open book (like that pun hasn't been done before...)
Welcome, T. D. Hunter! Congratulations on your publication -- pro or not, they all count.

You will find heaps of introverts here, as well as lots of F/SF writers, devotees of the Oxford comma, and beach-walkers. I'm all four ;)

Reactions: T. D. Hunter

T. D. Hunter

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome T. D. to the greatest writing place on Earth! It's great to meet you :)

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW has everything you need to help you improve your craft and get familiar with the ins and outs of the industry, from information to an awesome community. The forums are large and it can be overwhelming/intimidating at first but if you take your time exploring you'll quickly get the lay of the land.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These resources will help you understand the rules, etiquette and culture of all the various forum spaces, and will help you avoid potentially embarrassing newbie mistakes.

If you're into spec fic you'll enjoy our Science Fiction | Fantasy discussion room. You might also find our Short Fiction subforum fun to explore, and if you're keen on getting into a regular habit of writing and submitting short fiction you could check out our Write 1 | Sub 1 space, which is beginning to pick up steam again.

Explore, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself! One of the great things about AW, in my opinion, is that you can take it all in, and interact, at your own pace.

See you around the boards! :D
Izz
Thank you for the warm welcome. I made myself familiar with the forums while I was waiting for my registration to go through. So far, my experience here has been a pleasant one.

Reactions: Izz

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.