2021 Weekend Progress Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lintqyel

Registered
Reaction score
17 Wonders down, 6983 to go :)
Book 2, Chapter 1 revision is in full swing.
The Iron Maiden album is still waiting to shake off hibernation...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
NANNER-Lintqyel

:banana::banana::banana:

Qgq1YRT.jpg

WORD COUNT-Nether- 22,087

:Jump::Jump::Jump:

HzMTwjO.jpg

BLOG POST-Lintqyel

:e2BIC::e2BIC::e2BIC:

sxgnRns.jpg

BETA READING-Unimportant

:applause::applause::applause:

FjcUsgn.jpg

Nether

is walking the plank at a pirate-themed water park
Registered
Reaction score
Week ending 9/25 was 20,754 words... on the WIP. I think I just did the WIP this week.

I'll be finishing book 7 today/Sunday, and then I've got to finish a short story, and with any luck I'll start book 8 so I can finish it with time to spare, so I can possibly get the first draft for my ninth novel done before a full year has passed.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am not even sure what bananas mean in that context, Reg :)
The dancing nanner has always been the reward for the first person to report in. It's our odd tradition in the WPR

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Week ending 9/25 was 20,754 words... on the WIP. I think I just did the WIP this week.

I'll be finishing book 7 today/Sunday, and then I've got to finish a short story, and with any luck I'll start book 8 so I can finish it with time to spare, so I can possibly get the first draft for my ninth novel done before a full year has passed.
Nanner-:banana::banana::banana:

20,754 words :Clap::Clap::Clap:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awards For This Week’s Awesomeness

NANNER-Nether

:banana::banana::banana:

Qgq1YRT.jpg

WORD COUNT-Nether 20,754

:Jump::Jump::Jump:

HzMTwjO.jpg

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score
- Subbed the third draft of my undergraduate thesis
- Subbed four academic journal articles (2 IEEE, 1 IST, 1 JAMS)
- Started the Second First Draft of my romance novel in earnest - 1% through that
- wrote the schedule for the final season of my radio show

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
- Subbed the third draft of my undergraduate thesis
- Subbed four academic journal articles (2 IEEE, 1 IST, 1 JAMS)
- Started the Second First Draft of my romance novel in earnest - 1% through that
- wrote the schedule for the final season of my radio show
5 submissions-:e2bear::e2bear::e2bear:

Reactions: Yzjdriel

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry they were both blue. The only difference was the one being harassed by the squirrel was slightly larger than the one who went after the squirrel.

Males are only slightly larger than females. and since they lived in the tree across from my kitchen window I saw them a lot. I also had water out in my yard year-round all the critters.

Lintqyel

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry they were both blue. The only difference was the one being harassed by the squirrel was slightly larger than the one who went after the squirrel.

Males are only slightly larger than females. and since they lived in the tree across from my kitchen window I saw them a lot. I also had water out in my yard year-round all the critters.

Thanx.
I asked because I had read that many birds are like peacocks in that respect - males are bright and showy while females are gray and inconspicuous.

Nether

is walking the plank at a pirate-themed water park
Registered
Reaction score
I can't remember everything I did last week, but I think I'm also running on about one hour of sleep within the past 27-30 hours

For the week ending 10/2, it looks like I wrote 14,862 words. The breakdown was:
1,328 was on book 7
8,596 was on book 8
4,938 was on the short story

I also proofed and made minor edits to that short story before submitting it. And I had something for some other submission, but I'm drawing a blank on it.

I re-read/proofed the first 10-15 pages of book 6.

I know I queried somebody with a copy of book 6. There was another person I wanted to query, but they wanted the first 50 pages and I'm not done proofing those. They also want a synopsis, which I need to work on a little. I actually wrote a chapter-by-chapter breakdown for once so I could keep track of what I did where, but I'm not sure that makes for a good synopsis.

It was a weird week. Hopefully this week will be better.

Meaning you just scrapped what you had before?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanx.
I asked because I had read that many birds are like peacocks in that respect - males are bright and showy while females are gray and inconspicuous.
Female cardinals are like that. They are mostly brownish with muted red with red feathers trimming their head and wings. I had pairs of them in my yard too. They were great. One would eat. drink and bath while the other kept watch, then they would switch.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't remember everything I did last week, but I think I'm also running on about one hour of sleep within the past 27-30 hours

For the week ending 10/2, it looks like I wrote 14,862 words. The breakdown was:
1,328 was on book 7
8,596 was on book 8
4,938 was on the short story

I also proofed and made minor edits to that short story before submitting it. And I had something for some other submission, but I'm drawing a blank on it.

I re-read/proofed the first 10-15 pages of book 6.

I know I queried somebody with a copy of book 6. There was another person I wanted to query, but they wanted the first 50 pages and I'm not done proofing those. They also want a synopsis, which I need to work on a little. I actually wrote a chapter-by-chapter breakdown for once so I could keep track of what I did where, but I'm not sure that makes for a good synopsis.

It was a weird week. Hopefully this week will be better.

14,862 words-:Clap::Clap::Clap:

Let us know when you sub the 50 pages and good luck.

Lintqyel

Registered
Reaction score
Female cardinals are like that. They are mostly brownish with muted red with red feathers trimming their head and wings. I had pairs of them in my yard too. They were great. One would eat. drink and bath while the other kept watch, then they would switch.

You must be a keen observer to be able to spot things like that...

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh gosh that invokes a lot of memories of a favourite bird. Thanks so much!

I miss cardinals, and blue jays, and hummingbirds, and fireflies.

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score
Well, yes, but actually no, but actually definitely, but actually HEAVENS NO!

What I have done is set the original draft aside in a place where I cannot get to it - I am now writing the draft again, from scratch, with intent to write the middle with a different sequence of events, thus leading to an entirely different end (though the same ending - it IS a romance after all).

When I've finished with that, I'll have two drafts wherein our lovebirds reach the proverbial endgame in two different ways, and I'll be able to choose which parts of each sequence I like the best and weave them together to make the draft that I'll send for editing/beta.

I don't do this for every story, but for this one it just seemed... right. It's hard to explain, but I'm not about to argue with my gut on this one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

T.Major

Registered
Reaction score
WIP had a bit of a downturn (particularly today), so only 20,505 words there. Then 1,082 on the first draft of a new story, and approximately 500 words on a new project.

So I guess like 22,087 words this week. I'm maybe a week or a week and a half from finishing the first draft of book #7... actually, probably two weeks since I need to fill in some earlier stuff.

I'll need to polish the prose a bit (repetition is a bit of an issue since I'm doing first-person present tense), but it should be fine structurally, so I might start looking for critique partners, betas, etc, not long after it's done.
😳😳😳 I don’t speak 22k words in a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.