• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

ImaJinn Books

J. Y. Moore

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about this publisher? I have a ms that I submitted to them some time ago that was rejected but, since I was already in a re-write and they liked the story line and writing, they ask me to send them the revised chapters. I'm finally ready to send out the revision. Now, however, I see on P&E that they seem to be in bankrupsy reorganization. I'm wondering how stable they are and if anyone has had any experience with them. I liked the sound of the person I was in contact with (of course, she complimented my work :) , even though she rejected it).

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Actually, ImaJinn is a reputable small publisher. They print their books in trade paberback form. They are recognized by RWA. (Romance Writers of America) They edit well and put out good product.

However, last I had heard, they were in bankruptcy reorganization. (or something like that.) ((Double opps - you said that in your post. <G> Yes, your information is correct.))

I have a friend who's had several books published with them. She was always satisfied with them. I could ask her what she's heard lately if you want.

Susan G.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
My friend said she wasn't sure if ImaJinn is looking to acquire new stuff right now beyond the stable of authors they already have. I guess you'll have to contact them and ask.

Also, they are moving into eBooks, and she also said that the publisher put her authors at the TOP of the list to be paid in the bankrupcy reorganization, so that's pretty dang good of her. I'm sure there were other creditors, but she put her authors first. That speaks volumes, IMHO.

Sorry I can't be of any more specific help!

Susan G.

J. Y. Moore

Registered
Reaction score
ImaJinn

Thanks Susan! I really appreciate the heads-up. Tell your friend "Thanks" also. I'll check out the web site and see if there's anything new there and contact them again. The "authors first" indeed does speak volumes!

What is your friend's name, if you (and she) don't mind telling me? I'd like to see what she has with them. I'd also like to know what efforts they make to distribute the books (of course, with the author's cooperation along the lines of signings, etc.) When I checked them out before, none of their titles seemed to be in any of the larger book sellers, but they were available through Ingram (the distributor). The Walden Books store I talked to said they had no idea why the books were not on their shelves - they were kind enough to check a whole list for me - but it doesn't mean they weren't in other Walden Books. I also checked with our local B. Dalton and Books-A-Million (with a shorter list due to their time constraints), and found none of them there either (still doesn't mean there weren't some). That made me somewhat gun-shy and made me think POD.

Thanks again for your assistance!

J. Y. (Jean) Moore

Last edited:

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know the status of this pub? I heard they had filed for Chapt 13 a few years back and I thought they had closed due to no current releases but I checked recently and saw they had two May releases (one of which I added to my shopping cart cause it sounded pretty good). I noticed a few big name UF authors got their start over there as well. Plus Imajinn's submissions page is still live and says it's still currently accepting.

Anyone know any news or have any experience with them?

Any info would be mucho appreciated.

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
I sent ms to them too

Hi there,

I recently had some dealings with Imajinn...I sent my ms back in Feb and got a very prompt reply for the novel...a month or so later it was rejected with a kind note from the owner (my plot didn't move fast enough for their urban fantasy line).

I've heard a lot of great things about them. Someone I know has just recently been published by them. D.B.Reynolds whose book Raphael is doing really well and the trade paperback I got from her looks very professional. When I have another ms to submit they will be at the top of my list.

MissLadyRae

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Angela! (Hope your MS finds a nice home soon if it hasn't already. :))

That's pretty cool. It was D.B. Reynolds' book I popped in my cart, too. Sounds like a great book from what I read on the blurb and feedback from readers. Good to hear the trade is nicely put together also.

Will be adding them to my list of pubs to consider as well.

Thanks again! :)

ChrisKelly331

Peter Steele <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinakelly.webs.com
Imajinn books requested my partial and sent a very nice personal rejection after about 2 and half weeks. They said my book was more Anne rice-esque then paranormal romance. I was confused but flattered :-D

MissLadyRae

Registered
Reaction score
That's a pretty good turnaround time and what a compliment! I hope to read your book someday cause I'm a big AR fan. :)

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
I just queried and got a very prompt reply on the latest ms I finished. The pace has improved so I hope that Ms. Kichline likes it.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Linda Kichline sadly passed away early this year. ImaJinn will now be an imprint of BelleBooks, according to a report in Publishers Weekly.

Sringara

Registered
Reaction score
Imajinn is having a contest, details here:

http://www.bellbridgebooksblog.com/?p=2749

They will be accepting ALL romance genres under Brenda Chin's expert leadership. Deadline 6/1/14. Plenty of time to bang a romance manuscript into shape. Best of luck to everyone.

romancewriter

Registered
Reaction score
I checked out their submission page and it's fairly barren. No info about advances or royalty rate. Anyone have that info? Thanks!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score