Need a recommendation!

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
My friend is going through the initial stages of a divorce. Like... she just announced intentions to split today. It probably wasn't a shock to the husband as they've already gone through marriage counseling due to "issues", and we've been talking about it with her for a while ("we" being some of her friends), but anyway, back to the question.

Her day has been pretty drama filled. Guilt trips abound and she's literally worried herself sick. What kinds of thinks could she do, with or without friends, to take her mind off of things? (preferably healthier activities as opposed to getting piss drunk or some other such thing) Is there anything I can do to help, even if it's get out of the way?

Thoughts?

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Me in this situation, I would love a blank journal and a beautiful pen. If a dear friend gave it to me with the intention of helping me through a rough time, I'd really use it too.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
a trip to the spa might help, where she can relax and forget

a girls day away from it all might be nice

Having one of my friends come over and say 'come on, lets just go for the day (or the weekend)' would be awesome... just drive to someplace new and start her making new memories and seeing new stuff...

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
If she enjoys getting lost in movies, send her to the local theatre for a few showings. If books are more her thing, maybe perusing Barnes and Noble would help.

When I'm stressed, the process of shopping at someplace like Wal-Mart or Target soothes me. I don't have to buy; it's just the process of poring over clothes, housewares, what have you, that is so therapuetic to me.

Maybe this is all too trite, I don't know. But I wish the best for your friend, Sass.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Getting drunk without some ugly, nameless man to take it out on is NO FUN.

If she's got kids, you could offer to take them off her hands for a bit so she can go through some emotional crap without them around.

If there's no kids, then she should be celebrating her new-found smarts. :D