PDA

View Full Version : Movie to Watch Next Week

WannabeWriter
04-18-2008, 05:25 AM
I'm taking a well-deserved week off from work next week. I plan to do several things, including finding one new movie to watch in the theater.

Is there ANY movie that I could see next week? Because the movie season seems slow right now.

Saanen
04-18-2008, 05:33 AM
I'm taking my Mom to see The Forbidden Kingdom this weekend for her birthday. It has Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

WannabeWriter
04-20-2008, 09:35 AM
I just saw The Forbidden Kingdom today, so I'll need another movie for next week, assuming I'll still want to see another movie in the next few days. :)

childeroland
04-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Sarah Marshall is very good.

maestrowork
04-20-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm going to watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall. If you want a dumb thriller, watch 88 Minutes -- I did not like it much. I haven't seen so many plot holes in my life. And you can't pay me enough to see Forbidden Kingdom. Here's the possible pitch for the movie:

Studio exec: Show me the money!
Writer: How about another Kung-fu movie with Jackie Chan?
Studio exec: Show me more money!
Writer: How about another Kung-fu movie with Jet Li?
Writer: How about a white kid time-travels into the past and becomes a Kung-fu master?
Writer: Oooh, how about a time-traveling Kung-fu master movie with BOTH Jet Li and Jackie Chan?
Studio exec: I think I'm going to come.

maestrowork
04-20-2008, 06:13 PM
If you don't mind watching older or smaller movies:

21 -- based on a true story about about bunch of MIT students trying to cheat Las Vegas

Smart People -- about dysfunctional but smart people starring Dennis Quaid, Sarah Jessica Parker, Thomas Haden Church and Ellen Page.

Nim's Island -- cute and fun film for the family. Jodie Foster hasn't done a family film since the 70s.

Leatherheads -- a comedy about the start of pro football. Clooney and Krasinski are good, but I can't stand Renee Zellweger.

Prom Nights -- slasher film. Not my cup of tea although my friend Ming-Na is in it.

Horton Meets a Who -- I truly enjoyed this fun animation.