PDA

View Full Version : BookSurge / On-Demand Publishing, LLC

Celia
05-19-2003, 10:49 PM
I've just had a very bad experience with a printer. Out of the twenty promotion copies of my book I ordered, four had, in one place. double pages, and in another four, several pages were misplaced. That's a shocking 40% of the order screwed up!

Their policy was to replace the books, but I had already pulled it from the publisher, having had some problems before with other things. I have been trying to get a refund for only four books. That's all, because, family and friends, desperate to 'finally' get my book in their hands, will understand and forgive. However, you can't promote a book like that. You can't ORDER a book from a printer who makes shocking mistakes like that.

I've had absolutely no luck in getting a refund. I hate complaining like this, but the whole order cost me $400 Cdn, and it's a total loss. Bang goes my promotion schedule.

I could click several of those little faces above, because I feel ripped off, sad, disappointed, and above all, mad as hell. If you deal with this publisher/printer, make sure you check every book that arrives!

Nameless65
05-20-2003, 12:19 AM
You might want to post your complaint at Writer'sWeekly as well.

writersweekly
05-20-2003, 08:31 PM
Read more complaints about this firm at:
www.writersweekly.com/war...igitz.html (http://www.writersweekly.com/warnings/digitz.html)

Julian Gabriel Colado
05-30-2003, 07:50 AM
In the almost two years that I have been using Digitz, I would rate their service as excellent. I don't expect them to be perfect. On the rare occassion that I have received a book that I didn't feel was up to snuff, I simply returned the cover to them, and they promptly replaced the book, no questions asked.
I have ordered over 200 books from them, usually in batches of 10 to 20. I have also availed myself of their worldwide distribution.
You didn't say whether you returned the cover to them, which is their policy. I was told by a printer friend of mine that this is a common practice among printers to prevent people from distributing the print material, and then asking for it to be replaced.

paco
08-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Julian Gabriel Colado is the CEO of Booksurge, a disbarred bank-frauding lawyer from Houston, so of course he has had a good experience. The business is a scam and so are their other companies, imprint books and great unpublished. Just run Booksurge in a better business bureau query and you'll see that they have an unsatisfactory record.

thorgunna
02-08-2004, 01:17 AM
Hi

I read on Pier's Anthony's website that "Booksurge appears to be gone." Any rumors about this? The website looks fine and my publisher (who uses Booksurge for its print copies) has said nada.

Scoop?

Thanks!

Darragha
www.darraghafoster.com

Book Marketing
03-04-2004, 04:06 AM
HI Darragh,

I can assure you that BookSurge is alive in well.
In fact, we have collaborated with leaders Centraal BoekHuis and NBD/Biblion, the Netherlands Library Association, and opened a facility in the Netherlands. Earlier this year we also opened a facility in Grantham, UK, Our facility in Sevilla, Spain in partnership with Publidisa, SA, the leading POD printer and distributor serving Spain and the Iberian Peninsula (Spain and Portugal), is also now operational. Publidisa will soon be expanding even further into Mexico, opening a new facility in March 2004.

Stephanie Robinson
BookSurge/Global Book Publisher

thorgunna
03-04-2004, 06:38 AM
Excellent. Thanks!

Darragha

cavrita
03-09-2004, 11:54 PM
I have been reading all of these responses because I saw a job listing for Booksurge online. Some of these comments listed on this board and WritersWeekly's website (don't forget they're owned by Booksurge's competitor) were very disturbing so I decided to look them up on the Better Business Bureau. Surprisingly the Better Business Bureau gave them a good review.
I haven't interviewed with Booksurge yet, but I still plan to. I will bring up the issues I've read here when I am interviewed, but I am very disappointed in this mudslinging that is going on here. I'll be even more surprised if this comment makes it to the message board without be edited or accused of something falsely. I encourage everyone and remind you to always research the most reliable sources available to you.

JustinoIV
03-10-2004, 02:06 AM
This sounds like a case for your local department of consumer affairs. Check for the one your county is in, and for the one that county of the printer is in, if the two are in different counties.

Submit all evidence of the complaint (copies, not originals)

James D Macdonald
03-10-2004, 02:09 AM
Booksurge ...

A company that's selling <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1591096367/ref=nosim/madhousemanor" target="_new">(for example)</a> a 322 page paperback science fiction novel by a previously unpublished author for $29.98 may not have the general reading public as its main audience.

Cape2004
03-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Anyone have an news about this company????

Cape2004
03-26-2004, 05:19 PM
does no one have any info on these guys?

I can't find anything about them.

bentbrains
04-12-2004, 09:37 AM
I did an extensive search using a research computer at the college I teach creative writing at here in Calif. and NOTHING! That dosen't mean they don't exist, but this search is comprehensive and better than a typical AOL search (it goes into business registery, etc.). Not much help, but I hope you can find the results you're looking for. P.S. what kind of info on these people do you want? Contact info? Good/Bad report?

rtilryarms
04-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Global Book Publisher, Great Unpublished and BookSurge are all the same company. They changed thier name last year due to bad press while using the name Great Unpublished. They kept their storefront in SC and operate a few businesses out of there while sharing office space with other folks.

It is another vanity press that prints on demand. They partner up with Xerox and others to provide a book withing 48 hours of order placed.

They charge you $700 and up for first time set up charge and then a fee for the book printing itself.

None of this is bad if you know going in that the best application for this type of publishing is if you want to assemble a book and distribute it or sell it to your friends, family, club or churchmembers to name a few applications.

Read up on the extensive writings here about POD's and Vanities.

Personally I would save my money but just understand what you are getting into.

bentbrains
04-15-2004, 02:15 AM
$700 set up fee! Thats a lot of money! You can buy quark express for the same cost and a manual and learn to lay it out yourself! after that you own the program and the skys the limit! you can do the layout for as many books as you want to and in the long run save tons of money. plus you have alot more control of what YOUR book will be like! DIY!

James D Macdonald
04-15-2004, 03:51 AM
If you think that $700 set-up fee is bad, check out the <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1591095239/ref=nosim/madhousemanor" target="_new">cover prices</A> on some of their books.

emeraldcite
04-15-2004, 04:57 AM
holy cannoli

Cape2004
04-15-2004, 05:46 PM
thanks for the info, I found similar stuff.

:grin

thorgunna
04-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Ok...ok...I don't want to start an argument, but for MY sake, and my sake only:

My publisher, a real, honest-to-goodness royalty paying small press uses Booksurge for its tradebacks. Yes, I have received a royalty check, and should get another in June.

So far, my experience with Booksurge (a/k/a Global Book Publisher/Peddler) has been fine.

I wonder who paid my 700.00 set up fee. It sure wasn't me!(was it my publisher?).

The books I received "gratis" are lovely creatures, well-bound and without flaw. The price online is 16.99 + s/h. That's a bit high. Barnes & Noble is going to sell my book for 13.95 at my booksigning.

So far -- and believe me you -- I've not had trouble with GBP. If I do: this place will be the first to know!

Darragha
www.darraghafoster.com

James D. Macdonald
04-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Booksurge has a poor reputation and incredibly high prices. Check out The Steadfast (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1591095239/) for example. (Yeah, American Biblioverken (http://www.knowbetter.com/Default.aspx?tabid=23&mid=427&ctl=publisherview&itemid=317) is Booksurge under yet another of their names.)

PVish
08-13-2005, 08:27 PM
An online friend of mine in Egypt emailed me to ask if I knew anything about an affiliate of Amazon called Booksurge. I think I heard some negative comments about Booksurge when it was owned by someone else.

Does anyone have any recent info, either pro or con? Anyone have any direct experience with them? Does Booksurge do books with color pictures or does it just do text?

James D. Macdonald
08-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Booksurge was a vanity POD before Amazon bought them -- they're still a vanity POD. Same problems as every other vanity POD.

In the same way, Xlibris was a vanity POD before Bertelsmann bought 'em. They didn't change afterward. They're still a vanity POD.

Do they do color interiors? Darned if I know, but if your friend is willing to pay the fee, I'm sure they can arrange something.

Elwyn
09-03-2005, 03:23 AM
Amazon bought BookSurge, for what reason I really don't know. Now, if you make BookSurge your POD, Amazon will give you a special deal. It's called the Buy X and get Y deal.

"The BXGY program allows you to pair your book with a top-selling book (or other related item) on Amazon.com to offer shoppers added value for purchasing both items simultaneously."

I don't know all the details yet - and have no idea what the BookSurge book would sell for.

If one would go with another POD, would Amazon treat them fairly? It seems Amazon is flexing their muscle here. Now it's the war of the POD's? What say ya'll?

LV Dutton
09-03-2005, 03:52 AM
Yup sounds like the war is on. I swear these groups just do this to see if anyone will sign with them Sad isnt it?

James D. Macdonald
09-03-2005, 04:53 AM
Booksurge was one of the more expensive vanity presses.

I guess Amazon bought it because B&N already had their vanity press in iUniverse and Bertelsmann had their vanity press in Xlibris.

logos1234567
09-03-2005, 02:38 PM
The BXGY program is not free (is actually very expensive) and is available to people from outside Booksurge too.

James D. Macdonald
09-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Since Amazon owns Booksurge, and since listing Book X with Book Y is a matter of flipping a switch -- they could comp their own people. Folks published with Booksurge are paying plenty as it is, and I'm certain that their sales are right down there with all the rest of the vanity pack.

logos1234567
09-04-2005, 12:34 AM
I know what you are saying but I do not think they would piss off their regular customers who pay US$500 a month per a title on some pairings.

James D. Macdonald
09-04-2005, 02:22 AM
I'd have to wonder how many of their regular customers pay for those pairings. I know that I've had books paired with others before, and never paid a dime.

Generally, it seems, the pairings were based on automatic counters that showed people who bought one of the books tended to buy the other. It would make sense for them to pair those books.

I have to wonder how many people actually paid that $500 and what their results were. Did they get an extra $500 worth of royalty income?

logos1234567
09-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Yes they did but then they could afford to risk it.

If you want to get paired with the books that get the traffic then you gotta pay. It's not that much use being paired with a book that sells really low quantities.

victoriastrauss
09-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Booksurge was one of the more expensive vanity presses....and also, apparently, one of the less desirable ones, with a dodgy reputation for quality and reliability. Maybe Amazon will change all that.

- Victoria

Lauri B
09-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Since Amazon owns Booksurge, and since listing Book X with Book Y is a matter of flipping a switch -- they could comp their own people. Folks published with Booksurge are paying plenty as it is, and I'm certain that their sales are right down there with all the rest of the vanity pack.

BXGY is pricey ($1,000 for 2 weeks; $2,000 for 1 month) and they book certain titles months in advance (you provide them with a list of five or so titles you'd like yours to be paired with, in order of preference). It's lucrative for them and highly unlikely they'd be willing to give away those spots to anyone when they can charge as much as they do.

James D. Macdonald
09-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Do they actually sell that many spots?

Perhaps they're going to pair their Booksurge titles with second-string best sellers, the ones that people aren't lining up months in advance to pair with.

logos1234567
09-07-2005, 01:37 AM
Do they actually sell many spots?

They do on the top titles: go to the best sellers and nearly all of them are paired under the bxyg program - the differance with a paid pairing and a random pairing is that they offer a 5% discount on the 2nd book and it is highlighted differantly - something like 'perfect partners'

For small publishers they want one month's notice minimum, $500 for one month's placement if paired with a rank below 250, and $750 for a top rank...prices as quoted as at today.

Elwyn
09-07-2005, 03:45 AM
AuthorHouse is using a new marketing strategy - see below. I think I'd rather have my (POD) book marketed this way in lieu of what the other POD's are doing with the online stores. Of course, I have yet to read the fine print.

AuthorHouse (http://cl.exct.net/?ffcd16-fe5c17707c6607797d12-fe23127472620679721478-ff2e1775746c) has partnered with Joseph-Beth Booksellers (http://cl.exct.net/?ffcd16-fe5a17707c6607797d1c-fe23127472620679721478-ff2e1775746c), one of the nation's largest independent book stores, to offer you a new publishing program called Fresh Voices in Print (http://cl.exct.net/?ffcd16-fe6117707c6607797c14-fe23127472620679721478-ff2e1775746c)</STRONG>. The new program is designed to help aspiring writers become published authors and have books featured in Joseph-Beth stores.
The Fresh Voices in Print Joseph-Beth Publishing Packages include: custom book design, advance copies to the author, guaranteed bookshelf placement and an in-store book signing event for every author in the program.

Richard
09-07-2005, 03:58 AM
Bear in mind, I'm in England, but I've got to say - never heard of them.

I do however remember the deal AuthorHouse ran with Waterstones over here, and that was atrocious value. Let it be known - you pay me £750 a shot, and I'LL sell three copies of your book for you.

Aconite
09-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Elwyn, I'm going to say this as gently but as clearly as I can: You don't know enough about publishing to self-publish. You don't know how it works, and you don't know what's a good deal and what's a load of bunk. Now, you can either spend your time learning all about publishing so you know enough to be able to self-publish, or you can use that time writing your next book and learning to write better. Personally, I'd suggest the latter.

Richard
09-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Just had a proper look at the site, and yep, it's basically the Waterstones thing again. What your money - $899 - buys you is basically:

# Five copies of your book will be stocked at the Joseph-Beth/Davis-Kidd book store nearest you
# You will have an in store book signing at your local store

Five copies. Five. Anyone want to work out the odds of being 'encouraged' to turn up with a truckfull more, despite nobody in the place knowing you from Adam? And then the five copies of your book get put on their own 'special' shelf, which I'm going to hazard a guess will not be the first thing any customer sees when they walk in.

It's another 'Let's play at author' pitch. As Aconite said, just considering it is enough to know that you should be running like the wind from self-publishing.

Elwyn
09-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Aconite - It's kind of you to try and be gentle, but quite unnecessary. I am here to learn,and have been getting quite an education. The only reason I'm considering self-publishing is because of the amount of research I did for my first book - as much research as actual writing. I surely don't want to shelve it forever.

It's interesting that the Editor in Chief at LBF Publishing self-published some of her works because, as she says, she knew normal publishers would want to change things that she didn't want changed.

For now, I am taking your advise, Aconite. I started on the second of the series a while back and quit to spend time learning about the publishing business. Now, I'll get back on the second book and keep "querying." That is, until I run out of patience.

Aconite
09-07-2005, 06:22 PM
The only reason I'm considering self-publishing is because of the amount of research I did for my first book - as much research as actual writing. I surely don't want to shelve it forever.
You don't have to. Odds are, it can be rewritten when you've got more experience under your belt. Even if you never publish it, the research you did can be used in other books. Writers recycle like that all the time.

It's interesting that the Editor in Chief at LBF Publishing self-published some of her works because, as she says, she knew normal publishers would want to change things that she didn't want changed.
Self-publishing is the right choice for some works and some people. If you go that route, you have to become a publishing business expert as well as a writer, and if we're honest about it, most of us authors want to write, not market, keep accounts, and so on. No matter how much I study book marketing, I am not going to know as much about it as people who do it for a living, and I'm much happier leaving it in the hands of people who know how to market my book better than I do while I write the next one.

I started on the second of the series a while back and quit to spend time learning about the publishing business. Now, I'll get back on the second book and keep "querying." That is, until I run out of patience.
Keep learning about publishing, definitely. Knowing more helps you make good decisions. (Have you checked out the Index at the top of the page? You might be interested in reading older threads that discuss a lot of the questions you have. Be sure to check out the Novel Writing forum, if you haven't already, and its old threads, too.) I think you're on the right track by getting to work on your next book, and I wish you all the best with it. Good luck!

victoriastrauss
09-07-2005, 08:28 PM
AuthorHouse (http://cl.exct.net/?ffcd16-fe5c17707c6607797d12-fe23127472620679721478-ff2e1775746c) has partnered with Joseph-Beth Booksellers (http://cl.exct.net/?ffcd16-fe5a17707c6607797d1c-fe23127472620679721478-ff2e1775746c), one of the nation's largest independent book stores, to offer you a new publishing program called Fresh Voices in Print (http://cl.exct.net/?ffcd16-fe6117707c6607797c14-fe23127472620679721478-ff2e1775746c)</STRONG>. The new program is designed to help aspiring writers become published authors and have books featured in Joseph-Beth stores.
The Fresh Voices in Print Joseph-Beth Publishing Packages include: custom book design, advance copies to the author, guaranteed bookshelf placement and an in-store book signing event for every author in the program.When Barnes & Noble first bought into iUniverse, it gave store space to selected iUniverse books. The books were placed in a special display, usually in a distant part of the store, and grouped all together, regardless of genre or subject. In other words, they were displayed in a way that made it clear that these weren't "normal" books. Not surprisingly, few sales resulted, and after about a year these special displays vanished from B&N stores.

- Victoria

victoriastrauss
09-07-2005, 08:31 PM
It's interesting that the Editor in Chief at LBF Publishing self-published some of her works because, as she says, she knew normal publishers would want to change things that she didn't want changed.The curmudgeon in me can't help wondering, when people say something like this, whether it's retroactive rationalization for a widely rejected manuscript.

- Victoria

logos1234567
09-08-2005, 02:59 PM
I took a look at the Booksurge site - they ain't offering anything to their authors that authors cannot get themselves direct from amazon - it is the same price I quoted previously - ie 500 or 700 bucks - it is not a freebie! And Booksurge are blinking expensive!

bubba
10-28-2005, 11:16 PM
How controversial is it to have your book printed through Booksurge under the auspices of another publishing company? Would booksellers touch it?

James D. Macdonald
10-29-2005, 01:38 AM
You mean like calling the publisher YOURNAMEHERE BOOKS and using Booksurge as the printer?

What kind of distribution do you have? What's your promotion and marketing budget look like? Are you able to offer standard discounts and take returns?

What are your goals in publishing?

judithmoose
10-29-2005, 05:57 AM
How controversial is it to have your book printed through Booksurge under the auspices of another publishing company? Would booksellers touch it?

I'm a three-time author with a current contract with Booksurge. I also have recently started my own publishing house because I'm no longer happy with the service I've had with them. It is my understanding that they do not accept outside print jobs. Therefore, anything you put through them automatically makes them the publisher.

I have absolutely nothing against the people I've dealt with at Booksurge but if you're thinking of using them for publishing, here are a few things to keep in mind:

Distribution is sort of a touchy subject. They have a standard list that basically consists of Amazon, Booksurge's online store, Alibris and Abebooks. If you want the other four they distribute through you will pay additional fees for each distributor chosen.

Books are not returnable unless you pay a $600 per year fee. There are a few promotional items offered such as press release construction ($150.00 without distribution, $400.00 for a one-time release with distribution to 50 outlets. Additional $99.00 per distribution after the initial one.) Website is $189.00 setup and $39.00 per year. Representation at a book convention is available for prices ranging from $375.00 to $750.00. If you want to do a signing event, you're on your own. You have to do all of your own marketing, publicity and even purchase your own books for events because unless you've paid the $600.00 the bookstores won't order them because of the non-returnability clause.

There's quite a bit more but I won't go into it here. If you need to know more, contact me privately and I'll fill you in on the rest.

victoriastrauss
10-29-2005, 08:27 PM
According to its website, Booksurge still offers publisher fulfullment services.

- Victoria

Julie Worth
11-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Booksurge has a poor reputation and incredibly high prices. Check out The Steadfast (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1591095239/) for example. (Yeah, American Biblioverken (http://www.knowbetter.com/Default.aspx?tabid=23&mid=427&ctl=publisherview&itemid=317) is Booksurge under yet another of their names.)

They’re the same, really? It doesn’t look that way to me. It looks more like they're one of the many small publishers that use booksurge to get their books out. And that explains the high price of Steadfast.

Anyway, after lulu shot itself in the foot with its latest release, I started looking around for other options, and booksurge is looking good. For instance, I noticed this book at Amazon, Beyond Future Shock (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1419609440/qid=1123599258/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-5664445-9532760?v=glance&s=books). It’s a 424 page trade paperback for 12.99. That’s what lulu will charge you with no royalty, but according to booksurge, they pay 30% of the retail price. And it’s 24-hour delivery through Amazon, or 1 to 2 days at booksurge. That’s terrific compared to lulu, which generally lists as 9 days or more at Amazon, or sometime as unavailable.

[edit] I just found the booksurge book rate page, and the minimum retail price for a 424 page 6x9 book is $20.99. So that doesn't jive with the listed price of 12.99 for Beyond Future Shock.

The rate page is here (http://www.booksurgepublishing.com/printing.php).

Julie Worth
11-10-2005, 07:19 PM
I took a look at the Booksurge site - they ain't offering anything to their authors that authors cannot get themselves direct from amazon - it is the same price I quoted previously - ie 500 or 700 bucks - it is not a freebie! And Booksurge are blinking expensive!

Looking at their site, it seems that you can get published for under 100 dollars--which may include the ISBN, but it's not clear to me yet--if you can supply your text and cover to them in the correct pdf format. The smaller size paperback looks reasonably priced, and with a 40% discount to Amazon, that potentially gives you a selling price a whole lot less than going through lulu. Anyway, I'm looking into it for a book that has too much topicality to sit on it for five years.

Johanna
11-10-2005, 11:23 PM
She knows this because several editors rang her, offered her a contract, and said "Oh, by the way, you'll have to change this-and-this-and-that", or because she's unusually adept at scrying?

arainsb123
11-12-2005, 12:18 AM
Joseph-Beth has five or six locations across the US, according to their site. I would not spend hundreds of dollars to stock five books in one of their stores.

Julie Worth
11-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Well, I signed up one of my books on booksurge, just to get the experience. The total cost was $99. For that I got an ISBN number, 25% royalties on the retail price, a proof copy, 1-2 day fulfillment of orders, and, of course, Amazon!

To get that low price, I used the express package. I had to give them print ready pdf’s, but that was no problem, because I already had them. (I did have to tweak the cover pdf a bit, since their spec is a little unusual.)

To get a reasonable retail price, I played with the margins and chapter headings until I got it under 250 pages—250 is a price break point. So, for a 5.25 by 8 trade paperback, the retail price will be $14.99. That isn’t too bad, and considering the rapid delivery—none of that 2 week stuff—it shouldn’t carry the full stench of POD.

PixelFish
01-20-2006, 09:46 AM
What do we know about Booksurge?

Tonight I met a woman who had just self-published her children's story through Booksurge. She was excited because it was available through Amazon and she had sold three copies already. On the other hand, the book is $18.99 for a 32 page children's story. She also said the words which made my ears prick up, "I need to sell a thousand more copies to recoup my investment." I didn't want to rain on her parade, because she seemed so excited about the fact that she was published, but am I scenting a rat? (Or perchance a skunk.)

Anybody else have any experiences with Booksurge? What should I tell her, if anything?

mreddin
01-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Here is a link to Booksurge's profile on the "Incomplete POD Guide".

http://booksandtales.com/pod/publisherviewer.php?publisher_id=15

These folks were recently bought out by Amazon I believe. Unfortunately, being a typical POD this likely affords your friend no tangible benefits as the discounts appear scanty, retail prices inflated and marketing support dubious. In order words, it's your typical POD outfit.

Mike

James D. Macdonald
01-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Booksurge is a vanity POD, and one of the more expensive ones at that.

Julie Worth
01-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Booksurge is a vanity POD, and one of the more expensive ones at that.

No, I'd say it's not one of the more expensive. Not necessarily, anyway. I published a book six weeks ago through Booksurge for $99. In two weeks it was on Amazon (250 pages for $14.99.)

Julie Worth
02-23-2006, 12:33 AM
...and also, apparently, one of the less desirable ones, with a dodgy reputation for quality and reliability. Maybe Amazon will change all that.

Well, apparently not. I published a book with them in November, and it went up on Amazon a couple of weeks later. Okay, that was good, but after that they seemed to forget about it. They’d told me to sit back, they would take care of everything. They'd get me that ‘search within the book’ at Amazon; it’s automatic, they said. And now, three months later, still nothing. I write them and ask what’s going on. Oops, they say, please be patient. Give us three to five weeks!

All this time and no one can find my book, so what good is that? I'll be looking elsewhere next time.

CaoPaux
07-04-2006, 02:22 AM
06-12-2006, 03:31 PM
AnneMarble
Board fanatic

Author Sues POD over Typos

Read more here. http://www.uticaod.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060524/NEWS/605240311/1001/news

Leon Koziol, a state senator, is suing Amazon over typos in his novel, as well as publication delays. The novel was published by POD printer Booksurge (now owned by Amazon).

According to the article, he says that he is holding "Goliath" corporations "accountable for focusing on 'quantity instead of quality' and exploiting aspiring authors." He also said, "It's created a disparagement upon the author more than the publishing company because it's my name on the product that the people are reading. A publisher could easily destroy a writing career."

Does this have a chance in court? It's a vanity press, not a commercial publisher. So if he's publishing through them, he most likely doesn't have much a writing career to begin with, unless he's hoping to use them to sell books at speaking engagements, etc. Besides, even if he paid for additional editing services, I can't believe he can prove $11 million in damages!

Yet even if this doesn't make him a dime, this could be another thorn in the side of vanity publishers. Also, what will this mean to Amazon? Will cases like this make them wonder if owning Booksurge is such a good idea?
06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Christine N.
Bush has the Ring!

Take out Amazon, insert PA... reads the same. Now, all we need is a senator to sign with PA....
06-12-2006, 03:42 PM
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless

Heh. Considering that Booksurge had a bad rep for errors and delays long before they were bought by Amazon, he got what he signed up for.
06-12-2006, 03:43 PM
eldragon
WREtCHVIllE

Did "the Senator" option the editorial services of the POD company he paid to print his book?

If he didn't, he's **** out of luck.
If he did, he probably had a proof to look over, before it went to print.
06-12-2006, 03:54 PM
MadScientistMatt
Empirical Storm Trooper

I see this as somewhat like what might happen if I hired a machine shop to make some little decorative items and they all came defective. Printing text at an angle and such are poor quality control, even if he didn't pay for editing, and as a paying customer it seems reasonable for him to expect better.
06-12-2006, 03:58 PM
veinglory
heifericious
Mod Squad Member

Well, hmm. I see it more like using the print shop to make a calender out of you family photos--and sueing because they had 'red-eye'.

I would expect crisp print, intact bindings and a legible font but if editing wasn't part of the deal...
06-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Medievalist
Dawnolite Bovine Admiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneMarble
Also, what will this mean to Amazon? Will cases like this make them wonder if owning Booksurge is such a good idea? I suspect Amazon is in a holding pattern until they work out the technical and leagal issues of their "buy a custom printed book" proposal; they're soliciting reprint rights for academic texts from presses now, with the idea that students/scholars/readers will order a POD version of a scanned/proofed/pdf.

Glynn
08-16-2006, 01:06 AM
I think this merits being a new thread since the last time I could find Booksurge as a topic was Feb. 2005. If I've goofed up, I'm sure someone will let me know and have mercy on a newbie.

I started negotiating with Booksurge (for better or worse since I gather they're not altogether popular with their clients) towards the end of June. I got to the point where I had chosen all my options for cover design and interior template, etc. I was just about to upload my manuscript when their server went down on August 4 with the online message " We are currently performing maintenance on our servers."

I read somewhere in the news that they had experienced problems with someone hacking into their system, but when I emailed my contacts (3 of them) at booksurge, they were not forthcoming about the server. The best they would do is send me an email on August 8 that said: "Thank you for writing to BookSurge with your concerns. We are working to bring the BookSurge site back up as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience, and sincerely appreciate your business."

I have emailed back and forth a couple of times with my contract administrator but she is still tightlipped about what is going on with the server.

Does anyone out there in writer land know anything or has anyone heard anything about the problem with the Booksurge server. I'm concerned not only about the delay in giving them my manuscript and getting the book in print, but also because I've given them a pot load of money already and I'm nervous about its slipping away.

Thanks for any dope you may have,

Glynn

Tilly
08-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Hi Glynn, welcome to Absolute Write. ::welcome:

I hope you get this resolved, and nothing too drastic is happening.

Another time, if you just add your post to the existing thread it magically shoots to the top, and everyone can see it. This keeps all the pertinent information in one place and makes it easier to look up information. :)

I can get to the website okay. Is there a specific part of the site that still isn't working? And did they give you any idea when you would be able to upload your manuscript?

judithmoose
08-16-2006, 03:42 AM
Hi Glynn,

Are you referring to the Booksurge site or globalbookpublisher.com? I too have a few books that were previously published with them and haven't been able to access the globalbookpublisher.com site for nearly two weeks. I'll give my rep a call tomorrow and see if she'll tell me anything and report back to you on when we may be able to access our accounts.

Judith

NancyMehl
08-16-2006, 07:26 AM
Here is an e-mail from Booksurge:

Dear BookSurge Customer:

I am writing to let you know that we have learned that an
unauthorized
individual may have gained access to files on a BookSurge server
which
contained credit card and other account information from some
BookSurge
customers.

We have no indication that your credit card or other account
information
was compromised, but we wanted to notify you of this event out
of an
abundance of caution.

I'd like to reassure you that we take the protection of data
very
seriously and are committed to providing a safe and secure
environment
for our customers and authors. We are taking additional
security measures
to help prevent such an incident from happening again.

I apologize for any inconvenience this incident may cause you.
If you have any questions, please contact us by sending an email
to
questions@BookSurge.com (http://by108fd.bay108.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/compose?curmbox=mfINd&a=c70b05a36701d4701eac4a00b78bd479b173423111965cea 2096da00f2463a55&mailto=1&to=questions@BookSurge.com&msg=FCFC919B-779D-47F5-8E93-016C16BCC93B&start=0&len=2123&src=&type=x).

Sincerely,

Andrew Roskill
Managing Director
BookSurge

Glynn
08-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi Glynn,

Are you referring to the Booksurge site or globalbookpublisher.com? I too have a few books that were previously published with them and haven't been able to access the globalbookpublisher.com site for nearly two weeks. I'll give my rep a call tomorrow and see if she'll tell me anything and report back to you on when we may be able to access our accounts.

Judith
I'm referring to "booksurge.com." the site apears to be back up, but not to the extent that I can get past the "home" page. It's all information and no access to upload my manuscript. I've written them again asking for more information. I'll post what they reply

Glynn
08-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Wheeoow! I just received an email from my account manager at Booksurge telling me that their server was back on line. Halelluia, etc. I checked and it is in fact back. I had to reset my password for them, but I was able to log on. I'll be uploading my manuscript tomorrow. I took the opportunity during the downtime to make some last minute changes to the book. I'll see if I can find the right thread--having to do with novel writing and explain what I mean there. In the meantime, thanks to everyone out there who had their fingers crossed on my behalf.

SherryTex
09-27-2006, 04:14 AM
Dear Everyone,

I received this email today as a "Special Opportunity" with the headline, Was it your goal to be published in 2006? I believe Beware is in order. If it smells like a duck and quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...

http://ast.subscribermail.com/htmltemp/booksurge_assets/top_image_sample.jpghttp://ast.subscribermail.com/htmltemp/booksurge_assets/top_right_corner.gifhttp://ast.subscribermail.com/htmltemp/booksurge_assets/send.gif (http://app.subscribermail.com/send_friend.cfm?tempid=d8ebe367f3994fbd8de287e9623 7120b&mailid=c41e73ad9fe64ac09b7687e96237120b)http://ast.subscribermail.com/images/10000422/extcontent/pr10000422_922e8ff2e.jpg (http://tr.subscribermail.com/cc.cfm?sendto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebooksurge%2Ecom&tempid=d8ebe367f3994fbd8de287e96237120b&mailid=c41e73ad9fe64ac09b7687e96237120b)
A Special Offer for You!
http://app.subscribermail.com/images/clr_pix.gifhttp://app.subscribermail.com/images/clr_pix.gif

Hi Sherry,
Was your goal to publish your book in 2006? If so, I thought you'd like to know that we're offering an additional 20% off our already discounted publishing package, The Expert (http://tr.subscribermail.com/cc.cfm?sendto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebooksurge%2Ecom%2 Fpackages%2Fgenres%2Ftheexpert%2Ephp&tempid=d8ebe367f3994fbd8de287e96237120b&mailid=c41e73ad9fe64ac09b7687e96237120b), through September 30. Normally, $5,799, The Expert is now available to you at the incredible price of $4,640.
Designed specifically for professionals with expertise to share or wisdom to impart, this publishing package contains all the elements you need for success as an authorpreneur. You'll receive:

Author's Advantage Publishing Program for Black and White Interior Books
Up to 3 Rounds of Comprehensive Copy Editing
Signature Cover Design
Advanced Marketing Copy
Promotional Copy by a New York Times Bestselling Author
BookSurge Publicity Kit
One month of Buy X, Get Y Advertising on Amazon.com
Press Release Creation and Targeted Distribution Service
Whether your goal is to enhance your professional brand, further establish yourself as an expert in your field, or create sales velocity to reach additional publishing avenues, The Expert Publishing Package can get you there. Contact me today to learn more or to take advantage of this special opportunity! (http://webmaila.netzero.net/webmail/new/8?folder=Inbox&msgNum=00002400:00156ODV000007W^&block=1&msgNature=all&msgStatus=all&count=1159315885&content=central#)
Best,
Lee Sanderlin
BookSurge, An Amazon.com Company
Toll-free: 866.308.6235 ext. 5150
lee.sanderlin@booksurge.com

Popeyesays
09-27-2006, 04:17 AM
I got it, too. But I was on their mailing list--I asked questions back in March or Paril. I took myself off the list this afternoon.

Booksurge is too damned expensive compared ot other services if you WANT to self-pub.

Regards,
Scott

victoriastrauss
09-27-2006, 05:10 AM
There were several threads on Booksurge in the Index. I've consolidated them.

- Victoria

James D. Macdonald
09-27-2006, 05:23 AM
...the incredible price of $4,640.

Darned right that's incredible. It's incredible that anyone would think that paying to get published is a good idea.

Now if they were offering $4,640 I might consider writing something for them....

SherryTex
09-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Gadzooks, I don't know how I lived life or endured sunshine before Book Surge came along.....what an opportunity for me to part with money I don't have.

badducky
01-23-2007, 12:11 PM
This thread should be linked, I think, if not moved by a mod.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52810

badducky
01-23-2007, 12:19 PM
A Special Offer for You!
http://app.subscribermail.com/images/clr_pix.gifhttp://app.subscribermail.com/images/clr_pix.gif
Hi Sherry,
Was your goal to publish your book in 2006? If so, I thought you'd like to know that we're offering an additional 20% off our already discounted publishing package, The Expert (http://tr.subscribermail.com/cc.cfm?sendto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebooksurge%2Ecom%2 Fpackages%2Fgenres%2Ftheexpert%2Ephp&tempid=d8ebe367f3994fbd8de287e96237120b&mailid=c41e73ad9fe64ac09b7687e96237120b), through September 30. Normally, $5,799, The Expert is now available to you at the incredible price of $4,640.

Also, and this is just a huge pet peeve of mine, I hate it when vanity companies tell people they can "publish your book", when what they're really doing is just "printing your manuscript".

PattiTheWicked
01-23-2007, 05:51 PM
In the interest of fair disclosure, I used Booksurge to print my first novel in 2004. I sent them camera-ready pdf files, so I think I only paid about $200 in set up fees (this was before they went to Global Book Publishing and merged with Amazon's marketplace thingie). I bought a box of 100 books and sold all but twelve of them through various sources. While I would never do this again -- because I know a lot more now about writing than I did three years ago -- I can honestly say that the books they printed for me were all good quality. I've read reports of their books falling apart, having shoddy covers or upside down pages, but none of this was the case with mine.

Would I use Booksurge again? Nope, because I want to spent time writing, not marketing. Was it a terrible experience? Not in the least.

Glynn
01-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Darned right that's incredible. It's incredible that anyone would think that paying to get published is a good idea.

Now if they were offering $4,640 I might consider writing something for them....
I agree entirely that $4,640 is an incredible price to get a book published (i.e. "printed,") but I didn't pay Booksurge anywhere near that and I'm amazed that they think they can get much action by quoting a price like that. Such a huge price is a "package" of more stuff than anyone--unless you're Donald Trump--could afford. But you can cut out a lot of unnecessary stuff and come up with your own package, and I'd surely cut out the "publicity package" which is a huge number of calling cards, book markers, and postcards that I doubt if I'll ever use. When I had chosen the services I wanted from them, I asked them for a discount on that, which they readily gave me. I really don't want to tell you how much I paid, but it was certainly nowhere near $4,640.

Now, am I satisfied? Yes. When I decided to self-publish my novel "Arise Beloved" (http://www.arisebeloved.com (http://www.arisebeloved.com%29%28and)) I didn't have a clue about how to go about it. I won't go into all the reasons I made that decision to self-publish in spite of the fact that common wisdom says self-publishing is a suicide mission for a book. I've talked about that before on one of these threads--I don't remember which one.)

I was totally ignorant about getting a manuscript into print and I realized pretty quickly that trying to get up to speed on how to do it for the first time was going to be a tough, uphill slog. Based on my past experience with learning something new, I figured it would be a pretty expensive one when I discovered here at Absolute Write all the pit falls and misadventures that I'd probably make. That's when I decided to go with Booksurge. The result is that I do have a nice book (although I'm now working with a designer for a new cover--the template I used from Booksurge is pretty lame, which was part of my learning process--but I can get the cover changed at Booksurge for a standard $50.00 correction fee.) The books, if expensive, are well done and I'm not ashamed to offer them for review and I've gotten a modest amount of sales at Amazon.com--part of the package that Booksurge offers without me having to learn how to do it and to get it done.

Drawbacks? Sure. First is the author's cost for copies. It's steep unless you order around 1000 copies and the economics of sending and selling copies is such that I can order them myself from booksurge one at a time to send out for review--which is what I'm concentrating on now rather than trying to get them to bookstores, etc. at this point. I pay the full cover price ($27.99) but that includes packaging and shipping, which costs me a bunch when I try to buy author's copies ($418 for 22) then go through the labor of packaging and shipping. I get a royalty of $7.00 per retail sale (which is less that I might have gotten by going another route) but considering the fact that I don't have to deal with packaging and shipping costs gives me just about as much return as buying and shipping them at the author's cost. I know that if I had known as much as I do now about getting a book from manuscript to book, I wouldn't have used Booksurge, but I didn't and without that knowledge, God only knows how much I'd have spent in the learning process, and probably not have ended up with a well-done book. Besides which, as someone has already said, I had rather spend my time writing. I just don't have the patience or skills to handle everything from keyboard to book.

Will I use Booksurge for my next book? No. But for what I got when I needed it, it was worth what I paid. Since my book is fiction, it would be a tough sell to make a success of the project, even if I had gotten an agent and a mainline publisher, who may or may not have put much effort into marketing it anyway. By going the route I'm on, I still have control and I think a better chance in the long run by keeping the "getting noticed" business in my own hands.

James D. Macdonald is absolutely right in most of what he says, but he's an expert now and probably got there over a long period of time, and undoubtedly has more skill and expertise than I'll ever have. If I were he, I'd be able to do what he does, but I'm not James. D. Macdonald, and I do have a book I'm not ashamed of, and I satisfied with where I am.

Thanks for listening.

Glynn Compton Harper

Talia
02-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Glynn did you do any POD copies with book surge or where they all preprinted copies?

Getting copies for review is an interesting point that's worth thinking about.

Glynn
02-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Glynn did you do any POD copies with book surge or where they all preprinted copies?

Getting copies for review is an interesting point that's worth thinking about.

Hi Tally,

As far as I know all the copies that Amazon (or any of the other on-line sales outfits) sells are POD copies they buy directly from Booksurge although they may order more than one at a time. I also assume (although I don't know for sure) that Booksurge only prints copies when they are ordered. That's the point of POD I think; to print copies (whether single copies or multiple copies) for shipment only when they are sold. I would imagine that I (as the author) am the only one who keeps a "stock" of copies on hand (and a small one at that.)

marj430
03-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Having wasted several months during which my manuscript sat with an agent whom I failed to check out sufficiently, I've decided to "self-publish" my book. Since I don't want the hassle of truly self-publishing and handling all the details myself, I'm researching some of the many companies that identify themselves as being in the self-publishing business. I like what I see on the BookSurge site, but (having been burned by an agent) am wary. Has anyone worked with BookSurge? Anything positive or negative to report?

Christine N.
03-26-2007, 01:20 AM
Overall, I think they're overpriced. They're owned by Amazon. so you're listed on Amazon. Someone I know also had a lot of problems with product being damaged (and the box was fine, so it wasn't the postal service) and the cover machine not printing colors consistently.

But you might do better through Lulu.com, where you can sell your book from their storefront and determine your own royalty, or even Lightning Source, if all you want is a printer.

Just remember, if you want to BE the publisher, you have to own the ISBN - buying one from Lulu means Lulu is the publishers. Lulu has decent product, ships quickly, and is free, unless you want to purchase the Global Distrbution Package, which isn't that expensive.

Using LS will get you listed at Ingrams automatically, but I don't know about their pricing.

James D. Macdonald
03-26-2007, 01:49 AM
Essentially having an ISBN means that you're going to be listed at Amazon.

Booksurge has add-on programs (at added expense) that include getting a review at Amazon posted by a genuine New York Times Best Selling Author (and having a review from her will get you mocked), getting your book paired with some other book at Amazon (which can happen even if you pay nothing), and a number of other worthless promotional items.

More ‘Reviews’ (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/27/technology/27online.html?ex=1327554000&en=48a639609aa76195&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss) Booksurge, the self-publishing service recently acquired by Amazon, offers its client authors a review by “New York Times best-selling author, Ellen Tanner Marsh,” Slate noted last week (slate.com). Ms. Marsh was last on the best-seller list in the early 1980s for bodice-rippers like “Reap the Savage Wind.” In her review of “The Beer Drinker’s Diet,” a self-published work, she wrote it was “motivating and significant.”

Julie Worth
03-26-2007, 04:37 AM
Having wasted several months during which my manuscript sat with an agent whom I failed to check out sufficiently, I've decided to "self-publish" my book. Since I don't want the hassle of truly self-publishing and handling all the details myself, I'm researching some of the many companies that identify themselves as being in the self-publishing business. I like what I see on the BookSurge site, but (having been burned by an agent) am wary. Has anyone worked with BookSurge? Anything positive or negative to report?

Since you asked me by email, this is my Booksurge experience: If you do everything yourself, the cost is low. But don't expect to make any money or sell many books. Being on Amazon is not going to do it for you. You're not going to get it in bookstores, nor in B&N or Borders. The books themselves are printed up in a day or two (faster than lulu), and the quality is okay, though not quite as good as lulu's printer. If you are the kind of person who can tirelessly work to drum up publicity, maybe this is the answer for you. But my advice is: don't give up yet. You had one bad experience with an agent, but getting an agent and getting a real publisher is infinitely preferable than going to Booksurge or any of the others.

NIS
05-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Hello All:

I am in discussions with Booksurge to publish my book...for their "Total Design Freedom" Package which includes a custom cover, the fee will be $1,200.00.

I find that rather steep, and am wary to spend that kind of money without first checking to see if anyone has done this before and had any positive/negative results?

Ultimately my goal is for my book ( a non-fiction Business/Psychology book) to be in print, available on the web and possibly on local authors' shelves in my area's bookstores.

ANY advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
NIS

priceless1
05-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I am in discussions with Booksurge to publish my book...for their "Total Design Freedom" Package which includes a custom cover, the fee will be $1,200.00.

I find that rather steep, and am wary to spend that kind of money without first checking to see if anyone has done this before and had any positive/negative results?

Ultimately my goal is for my book ( a non-fiction Business/Psychology book) to be in print, available on the web and possibly on local authors' shelves in my area's bookstores.
The price is hideous. Why not get an agent and see if they can't sell your book to a good trade publisher. That's the only real way you're going to obtain the results you're looking for.

Janeyboo
05-18-2008, 06:41 PM
I noticed on www.gumtree.com - in the creative writing section, a whole loada gush about a lady called Termina Ashton in a post entitled:

'They say Medwins Room author is Australias Rowlings and Blyton'

http://www.gumtree.com/london/82/23980382.html

She's got a children's book out called Medwin's Room published by Booksurge. The Amazon price is $14.99. What struck me apart from the dazzling comments, was they kept referring to JK Rowling as 'Rowlings'.

Khazarkhum
05-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Ahh, the ever-mysterious they, the ultimate authorities of our time. All that is matters is what they say. ;)

Tx-Thinman
08-04-2008, 11:33 PM
If there's anybody out there who's done business with Booksurge Publisher, please give me some feed back about the experience. They are a fully owned POD subsidiary of Amazon.com.

Thanks.

frank6071
09-09-2008, 11:38 PM
I have recently completed my 1st book. It is in for print now with Book Surge. My experience has been fantastic. The design team established a personal, as well as professional, relationship right away. The design coordinator, Claire King, is without a doubt the best in the business. I have read all of the negative press but have experienced none. I know that they have grown and expanded. This may have solved any woes previously experienced. I stronlgy recommend this publisher. www.cookbakercandlestickmaker.com

frank6071
09-09-2008, 11:47 PM
My 1st book is in for print now. The patience and professionalism exhibited by Book Surge was/is fantastic. I don't know what or who to compare it to, but this experience has been flawless. The Design Team worked patiently with me, as a new guy and a knuckle dragging retired Marine. I will publish with Book Surge again, without a doubt. They allowed me to take my time and do it right. Whether I did or not remains to be seen.
www.cookbakercandlestickmaker.com

TomBenjey
10-25-2008, 11:15 PM
I have dealt with BookSurge and would run at very the mention of their name. But then I have been forced to sue BookSurge/Amazon for copyright infringement.

Deb Kinnard
10-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Tom, is this a story you feel willing to share?

TomBenjey
10-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I'll try to be as brief as possible. I took advantage of a "sale" BookSurge was offering, thinking that since they had been purchased by Amazon they were a reputable company. They botched up the printing of the ARCs for my first book but they already had my money and wouldn't correct their mistake. After correcting the typos in my book (they were not the issue I had with BookSurge), I had a reputable printer offset print the book. Baker & Taylor soon agreed to supply my book to resellers. Things seemed to be OK.

In October, 2006 I became aware that BookSurge had been printing copies of the ARC and Amazon was foisting them off onto unsuspecting customers as the real thing.

Two years and many insults later I find myself in Federal Court with what looks like an open-and-shut case of copyright infringement. It seems that Amazon would rather spend tens of thousands of dollars on lawyers than replace the copies they sold with legitimate copies and give my book a little free advertising on their website.

elizsil
12-16-2008, 07:55 PM
I write a weekly blog diary and am considering self-publishiing past entries with BookSurge as it's not a conventional book idea. Has anyone had any experiences--good, bad or ugly--with them? Thanks.

Elizabeth

BenPanced
12-16-2008, 08:05 PM
If it's unconventional, don't sell yourself short; many commercial publishers might consider publishing it if they think it's "the next thing".

schoonerbabe
12-23-2008, 09:36 PM
I applaud Angela Hoy at Booklocker for suing Amazon, which is threatening to drop all POD titles not "published" by Booksurge, which Amazon recently acquired. True, the average POD title only sells 148 copies and most are not well written or edited. But there are some decent POD titles out there, and I think it is a bit Orwellian to limit the number of titles in any way, shape, or form. With it being harder than ever to break into the lists of major publishers, I say let the little guy take his shot, albeit some POD outfits are better than others, which is a totally different story. imho.

para
12-23-2008, 10:03 PM
How is that lawsuit going? I must admit to being a mite confused about the entire thing.

schoonerbabe
12-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Last I heard, Booklocker and Amazon keep filing motions. Amazon filed to dismiss, Booklocker responded, etc. Nothing resolved as far as I know.

MickRooney
11-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Booksurge as a brand has now come under the CreateSpace umbrella.

Announcement (https://www.createspace.com/Special/Announcements/20091103_BookSurge.jsp;jsessionid=BBA494673E72A156 6B5A1917DD97A385.cspworker00).