PDA

View Full Version : Movies lots of people LOVE but you hate.

Pages : [1] 2

cethklein
04-18-2008, 12:46 AM
Let's go for the polar opposite of the other topic. What movies do people rave about but you think are.......well not good?

Jenan Mac
04-18-2008, 12:51 AM
The English Patient (yes, I fell asleep), The Quiet Man, and anything with Tom Cruise.

Voyager
04-18-2008, 12:54 AM
Thing about the English Patient for me is that I found the Juliet Binoche character much more interesting and likeable. I couldn't have give two shits about what happened to the self-absorbed, whining main characters.

JoNightshade
04-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Titanic.

melaniehoo
04-18-2008, 12:57 AM
The Hours.

cethklein
04-18-2008, 01:02 AM
ACK! I miss-spelled (well made a typo actually) the topic title. Someone fix it please.

As for me (and I know I'll probably get shot for this), Fight Club comes to mind. I purchased the special edition on DVD a few months ago but never watched it. EVERYONE I know told me it was one of the best movies ever. Now, keep in mind, I like movies like that, films that have some deeper purpose. But Fight Club just seemed clumsy. And the "big twist" at the end, maybe I'm psychic but I saw it coming. It's not like the ending of The Prestige where it totally shocked me.

Again, I like films like this. I especially love movies where there is a lot of violence but there is a purpose for said violance. But this film did nothing for me. At the end all I could think of was "Wow, THIS is what everyone was so excited about?"

Another one is Master and Commander (ok I know there actually are some others who hate this film too but many swear it's great.) It is among the slowest most boring films I've ever seen. They showed it as some sweepnig epic and all it was was Russel Crowe talking to crew members msot of the time. I fell asleep during it and that's the first time that's happened since i saw The Sphere.

And it pains me to mention this one, but Barabas. I love old sword and sandle films and the old historical/Biblical stuff but this movie was slow and pointless. It pales in comparison to Jesus of Nazareth and other films of that era on the same subject.

HeronW
04-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Eyes Wide Shut is tripe

Perks
04-18-2008, 01:05 AM
American Pie - so not even funny. People assume it offends me. It does, but only by the fact that it stole a couple of hours of my life and did not make me laugh in return. I avoided that film for seven years and was peer pressured into watching it last year. I'm still angry about it.

Obviously.

cethklein
04-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Agreed. We saw most of Eyes Wide Shut and it was indeed tripe (in fact that's the nicest thing i could say about it.) Supposedly Kubrick himself was disgusted with it too according to R. Lee Ermey who claims Kubrick told him so. (although Kubrick's son denies this, but I don't see why Ermey would lie about that.)

And yes America Pie was horrid and not at all funny. And I'll openly admit that I enjoy many of those types of movies.

Perks
04-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Another one is Master and Commander Somebody liked this movie?

melaniehoo
04-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Eyes Wide Shut is tripe

I hated it the first time I saw it but was recently convinced to watch it again. The DVD has been sitting near the tv for 3 weeks, unwatched.

Perks
04-18-2008, 01:18 AM
And yes America Pie was horrid and not at all funny. And I'll openly admit that I enjoy many of those types of movies.Harold & Kumar Go To Whitecastle cracked me up. I wanted to hate the fact that they did a sequel, but the preview had me giggling against my will. Kal Penn is just naturally very, very funny.

auntybug
04-18-2008, 01:24 AM
Fargo

Lock thread.

cethklein
04-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Harold & Kumar Go To Whitecastle cracked me up. I wanted to hate the fact that they did a sequel, but the preview had me giggling against my will. Kal Penn is just naturally very, very funny.

Yes he is. He's been in a few episodes of House lately also. Also, I just learned this the other day, did you know "Harold" (John Cho) is going to be in the next Star Trek movie? I had no intentions of seeing it but now I just might if only to see how he does. I can't imagine him in a serious role.

chartreuse
04-18-2008, 01:55 AM
The Departed

Thought it was completely and absolutely the most boring, jumbled and pointless thing I'd seen in years. I have no clue what all the fuss was about.

childeroland
04-18-2008, 02:17 AM
Amen on The English Patient.

Moulin Rouge annoyed me to no end.

Spellbound. Heresy against Hitchcock but those Dali/Freudian dreams -- blech.

The Philadelphia Story -- could never get through more than half of it but once.

WannabeWriter
04-18-2008, 05:24 AM
I agree with Master and Commander.

To a certain degree, I am also mentioning Pulp Fiction, though my issue is how many times I have to watch it to even get what the true appeal is. Even now, I consider it an OK movie.

Constantine K
04-18-2008, 05:36 AM
The Departed

Thought it was completely and absolutely the most boring, jumbled and pointless thing I'd seen in years. I have no clue what all the fuss was about.

Take it back. TAKE IT BACK.

mikeland
04-18-2008, 05:50 AM
Fargo

Lock thread.

I'm with you on Fargo. And nearly all the Coen Brothers movies. Really, Raising Arizona is the only one I'd want to watch again.

Life Is Beautiful. Hated it.

Office Space. Did I miss something?

ChaosTitan
04-18-2008, 05:51 AM

Yep. :D

*mumbles* I'll set the building on fire.... *mumbles*

triceretops
04-18-2008, 05:57 AM
I'll burn for this one, and I'm prepared: I dated a showgirl in Las Vegas that did nothing but scream the praises of this movie. My roomates swear up and down it's a masterpiece. AWers are always quoting it and seem to be in love with it, at least many of them. I did not hate this movie--it was okay, but nothing earth shattering. Amazingly it has reached cult status.

Princess Bride.

Ghost Rider. Help me Jebus, I could not get around the cliche of this plot/theme, nor the horrible acting.

Van Helsing (sp?) If you need special affects done, hire ILM, folks. And if you need a vampiric Romanian accent, dub in Bela's.

300--Oh. My. Gawd. This one had so much potential for an accurate portrayal of real history. What the frak did they do? They made a Clash of the Titan-esque rampage. It seems all of the movie sets were CGI. Were they EVER on location ANYWHERE? Giant trolls, over-sized mastodons and rhinos, deformed hunchbacks, STOP!

Tri

BenPanced
04-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Moulin Rouge annoyed me to no end.
I got an awful case of vertigo during the opening number and had to stop watching after Nicole Kidman's first appearance.

I'll burn for this one, and I'm prepared: I dated a showgirl in Las Vegas that did nothing but scream the praises of this movie. My roomates swear up and down it's a masterpiece. AWers are always quoting it and seem to be in love with it, at least many of them. I did not hate this movie--it was okay, but nothing earth shattering. Amazingly it has reached cult status.

Princess Bride.
For the life of me, I can't figure out WHY that movie's called The Princess Bride when 98% of it is about Mandy Patinkin's (or however it's spelled) character.

I watched The Sound of Music once just to say I've finally seen it. (But I think Julie Andrews is delightful in Mary Poppins, Victor/Victoria, and the original TV production of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella.)

2001: A Space Odyssey redefined "crashing bore", and I've tried watching it three times.

Donnie Darko was a severe waste of my time.

Every time Pulp Fiction would come on cable, I'd always catch it during that @#$%ed dance contest scene. When I finally caught it from the beginning, I had to turn it off after about 20 minutes. I did. NOT. CARE. about any of the characters or what their motivations were, and the monumental use of the f-bomb every 5 seconds really turned me off.

Titanic was about a week too long. Well, it felt like it was a week too long.

Hollan
04-18-2008, 10:54 AM
All Spiderman Movies (Am I the only one who realizes how bad they are? Really!)

Batman Begins (OMG it was so stupid! Why did they do that to Scarecrow? Why?)

Transformers (Okay, cool special effects, but lame story. I didn't see why everyone loved it so much).

poetinahat
04-18-2008, 12:06 PM
I couldn't have give two shits about what happened to the self-absorbed, whining main characters.
Yeah, I thought Brokeback Mountain was overrated too. Certainly not out-and-out bad, but waaaaay too "poor me".

robeiae
04-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic.

KTC
04-18-2008, 03:13 PM
I hate to agree with the robaieiaeiiaeiaieiaieiaeiaieeiaeiaieiaeiaeiaieiaie iaeiaieiae, but Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic.

Matera the Mad
04-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Lot's what?
(referring to thread subject line, and if you don't get it you need something, yes I'm in a rotten mood I need sleep)

CaroGirl
04-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Twister. I hate that predictable, Hollywood candy where the good guys are a ragtag troop of scrappy try-hards, and the bad guys drive around in black suvs with high-tech devices. And the bad guys don't win because they're just not scrappy enough. It's like Rocky IV (or whichever). And don't get me started on the superficial "romance" aspect of this film. I actually wanted Jami Gertz to kick Helen Hunt's ass.

The fabulous special effects just weren't enough to save this thinly plotted movie.

CACTUSWENDY
04-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Off top of head.....for starts,

Fargo

Moulin Rouge

Jcomp
04-18-2008, 06:11 PM
I can't think of one.

Interesting. Surely there must be something...no? Hmmm...

I didn't like Smoking Aces as much as my buddies did.

There was this underground horror flick called Malevolence that won lots of little, indie awards, and I thought it was flat out abysmal. I usually tend to dislike the stuff that the hardcore fans love...

Like Grindhouse. And even that I don't necessarily "hate."

Claudia Gray
04-18-2008, 06:14 PM
"Jerry Maguire."

cethklein
04-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Lot's what?
(referring to thread subject line, and if you don't get it you need something, yes I'm in a rotten mood I need sleep)

I knew I could count on you to call me out for that. :tongue I asked them to fix it. Apparently I either made a typo of Firefox's stupid "spellchecker/corrector" changed my word. Likely the former knowing me.

Is Fargo REALLY that bad? I've never seen it. The Big Lebowski was ok so I figured Fargo can't be too bad (Lebowski was by no means "great" just "ok".

300--Oh. My. Gawd. This one had so much potential for an accurate portrayal of real history. What the frak did they do? They made a Clash of the Titan-esque rampage. It seems all of the movie sets were CGI. Were they EVER on location ANYWHERE? Giant trolls, over-sized mastodons and rhinos, deformed hunchbacks, STOP!

Tri

Again we agree. I just saw 300 a few weeks ago, it was HORRID! Not only the unrealistic stuff either but the fact as you said it was done all in CGI. It was so over-edited it was terrible. Was there any color other than brown and red in the whole film? At least the original movie (300 Spartans) was remotely close to being accurate. At least it didn't have trolls and a bottomless pit. 300 is garbage in every sense of the word, but I think they knew that when they were making it. It was meant simply as a hack-fest to sell tickets.

JerseyGirl1962
04-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Princess Bride.

Ghost Rider. Help me Jebus, I could not get around the cliche of this plot/theme, nor the horrible acting.

Van Helsing (sp?) If you need special affects done, hire ILM, folks. And if you need a vampiric Romanian accent, dub in Bela's.

Tri,

Princess Bride - you will INDEED burn. ;) I love that film, but hubby is lukewarm on it, so I think it's more of a chick flick anyway.

Ghost Rider - It was okay, nothing spectacular. Don't know if I hate it, but if somebody put a lighter to it, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Van Helsing - I've watched this on TV a couple of times, and...I don't know...I kinda like it. :) Of course, I haven't seen it on any of the movie channels, so the version I've seen might include just the good stuff (to my eyes, anyway). Besides, it has the guy who played Faramir in The Two Towers and The Return of the King - yum! :D

Ones that everyone likes but I don't:

Titanic - Just a personal distaste for Leonardo DeCaprio. (A Night to Remember, an English movie that came out in the 1950s, is much, much better - and it doesn't have Leo :tongue.)

The English Patient - Boring. (Ever seen the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is put through torture by having to see it twice? Yeah.)

The Big Lebowski - Don't know if I actually hate it per se, but it bored the hell out of me. Fell asleep about 1/2 way in. (BTW, I *loved* Raising Arizona and other Coen Brothers movies, but not this one.)

Any of The Godfather movies - I'm sorry, but I didn't like the first one (and don't usually watch gangster films anyway), so there's no reason to see any of the others. And why is that people insist that you haven't lived until you've see (at least) the first Godfather movie? (Yeah, I've had more than one person say that, and it drives me nuts.) It's like because I grew up in New Jersey, I have to LOVE Springsteen. No I don't. And I don't care for The Sopranos, either. So there. :tongue

The In-Laws - I'm talking about the original version, which starred Peter Falk and Alan Arkin. I saw it when it first came out; laughed a lot. However, I saw it fairly recently, and I couldn't watch more than about 10-20 minutes of it before wondering why I thought it was so funny. Bah.

Moulin Rouge - Noisy as hell and boring as hell. (My sis-in-law, who gets to see movies nominated for Oscars, went to see this one. She was so annoyed by the noise, she walked out of the theater.)

2001: A Space Odyssey - Thanks, BenPaced. I figured hubby and I were the only ones annoyed by this movie. I mean, what's up with the stupid monolith and the damned monkeys?

~Nancy

maestrowork
04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
I don't think people actually "love" Van Helsing. Do they? Oy vey!

I didn't really dislike Fargo but I failed to see why people talked about it like it was a gift from God.

I disliked Crash but I didn't hate it. Just thought it was a cliched, manipulative, preachy piece of melodrama.

The Lord of the Rings. Don't get it me wrong, it's fantastic filmmaking and deserves the Oscars. I'm just bored 80% of the time. That tells you I'm just not into epic fantasies.

Juno. Again, I actually liked the film, not hated it. Just didn't think it was Best Picture material. More like a cute HBO movie.

Cranky
04-18-2008, 07:56 PM
I hated A History of Violence. I sat through it, hoping it would get better, but not even Viggo could make me watch that dreck again.

*shudder*

maestrowork
04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Signs. The Village. Lady in the Water... M has gone downhill ever since Unbreakable.

Chronicles of Riddick. WTF was that about?

Brothers Grimm -- apparently a lot of people liked the film. I hated it.

This thread just goes to show me that we can't please everyone.

aruna
04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Thing about the English Patient for me is that I found the Juliet Binoche character much more interesting and likeable. I couldn't have give two shits about what happened to the self-absorbed, whining main characters.

Oh, I agree completely! I loved the side-plot in this film, hated the main story with a vengeance.

Lost in Translation. What a timewaster.

Amelie. You'll kill me for that one but I just could not stand it.

CaroGirl
04-18-2008, 08:11 PM
This thread just goes to show me that we can't please everyone.
Yes. It's so obviously a matter of taste. I love Fargo and Lost in Translation. But sometimes I think my sense of humour is, well, unconventional.

III
04-18-2008, 08:16 PM
I hated A History of Violence. I sat through it, hoping it would get better, but not even Viggo could make me watch that dreck again.

*shudder*

That was the worst movie of all time. I hate hundreds of popular movies, far too many to list.

escritora
04-18-2008, 08:21 PM
I'll admit I never saw either of the following movies, but I refuse to do so because I like hearing, "You never saw ET?" and "You never saw Titanic?"

maestrowork
04-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes. It's so obviously a matter of taste. I love Fargo and Lost in Translation. But sometimes I think my sense of humour is, well, unconventional.

See! I didn't really care for Fargo but I liked Lost in Translation, a lot. I adore Amelie but Aruna couldn't stand it. Sometimes even people with similar tastes surprise you.

Gravity
04-18-2008, 08:25 PM
All That Jazz
"It's....showtime!"
Lock thread.
Thank you.

III
04-18-2008, 08:25 PM
See! I didn't really care for Fargo but I liked Lost in Translation, a lot. I adore Amelie but Aruna couldn't stand it. Sometimes even people with similar tastes surprise you.

You taste like Aruna?

maestrowork
04-18-2008, 08:26 PM
You taste like Aruna?

I taste Aruna.

chicken!

aruna
04-18-2008, 08:44 PM

OTOH, you and I seem to love the same books and even dislike the same parts in those books so there is still hope....

As far as I know EVERYONE loved Amelie, except me. A lot of people disliked Lost in Translation, though.

Cranky
04-18-2008, 09:18 PM
That was the worst movie of all time. I hate hundreds of popular movies, far too many to list.

Oh, thank you! I was beginning to think I was the only one, and that I just didn't "get" it.

Maybe I didn't. But I still hated it, anyway.

Hmmm.

Oh, I'll jump on the M bandwagon and say I hated Signs. Stupid movie. War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise version).

Oh! And the American Pie movies!

maestrowork
04-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Superbad. I disliked that movie a lot. Apparently, I'm in the minority.

C.bronco
04-18-2008, 09:34 PM
I hated The World According to Garp.
Also, I avoid heart-warming feel-good movies to the best of my ability.

Jcomp
04-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Ah. Finally thought of one. Mother-Effing Diary of a Mad Black Woman. Would somebody please, for the love of God and aspiring black writers who don't want every producer / publisher to believe that they have to write "ethnic" to be accepted, please put Tyler Perry in a rear-naked chokehold until he taps out and promises to never make a film or television program again?

Your work was born on and needs to remain on the chit'lin circuit fam. I'm sorry, but it's true. It's true...

maestrowork
04-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I never understand Tyler Perry's appeal. I thought perhaps it's a cultural issue, so I'm glad you mentioned it, Jcomp.

C.bronco
04-18-2008, 09:45 PM
JCOMP: The stunning visual imagery in your post made me completely forget which movie I was going to write about.:ROFL:

Oh yes: J.F.K. with Kevin Costner. This is the biggest gift Costner could give to the insomniac community.

III
04-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Superbad. I disliked that movie a lot. Apparently, I'm in the minority.

I'm with you there. I think all the Seth Rogan crew, thrown together movies are wayyy overrated. My friends all built up Superbad before I saw it. What a disappointment.

Cranky
04-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Ah. Finally thought of one. Mother-Effing Diary of a Mad Black Woman. Would somebody please, for the love of God and aspiring black writers who don't want every producer / publisher to believe that they have to write "ethnic" to be accepted, please put Tyler Perry in a rear-naked chokehold until he taps out and promises to never make a film or television program again?

Your work was born on and needs to remain on the chit'lin circuit fam. I'm sorry, but it's true. It's true...

Tell us how you really feel, Jcomp.

*whips out notebook and pen*

Jcomp
04-18-2008, 09:53 PM
I never understand Tyler Perry's appeal. I thought perhaps it's a cultural issue, so I'm glad you mentioned it, Jcomp.

You know what's really funny, I don't personally know ANY black people who like Tyler Perry. Obviously they exist, but everyone I know in San Antonio who liked Diary is White or Mexican. They're patently shocked when they find out that I hated it, from Shemar Moore's stupid braids, to the over-the-top treatment of the ex-husband (and his over the-top-treatment of his wife when literally kicking her out) to TP's absolutely idiotic "I'm dressed up as a wild and incorrigible old black lady!" schtick.

My loathing for Tyler's work is deeper than the basements in Atlantis. It is the maximum amount of loathing permitted under the law. It pretends to be a mild-mannered loathing by day, but at night throws a cape on and becomes Super-Loathing.

Yes, it's that serious...

C.bronco
04-18-2008, 09:56 PM
The Scary Movie I, II etc etc. It really did not appeal to me at all.
I don't think I've seen any of Tyler Perry's works, but I will avoid them purposely now.

BenPanced
04-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Claudia, your av reminded me of another one and it's obvious you're a fan, but...Bridget Jones's Diary. This was another where I didn't like any of the characters and didn't see a happy ending but more of a "you get what you deserve either way, lady". (Doesn't help I can't stand Renee Zellweger. WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP FEEDING HER ALL THOSE LEMONS?! THAT PUCKER DRIVES ME NUTS, AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY!)

Speaking of ol' Sour Puss, loved the play Chicago. Hate, hate, HATE the "reimagining" of it for the movie version.

Um, speaking of "cultural" things, I couldn't stand My Own Private Idaho and switched it off after about 45 minutes. Yeah, I know it's one of "our" movies and not liking it means I automatically have some internalized self-loathing issues I (obviously) need to deal with because HOW CAN I NOT SUPPORT ONE OF "OUR" MOVIES?! No, of course not. Y'know. Why should I continue watching a movie where I think both leads have the acting range of a tongue depressor and has a story I think is even less interesting than said tongue depressor? Because if I stop watching mediocre movies, they'll stop making them? Wow. Hard argument to resist there, dude.

jst5150
04-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm with you there. I think all the Seth Rogan crew, thrown together movies are wayyy overrated. My friends all built up Superbad before I saw it. What a disappointment.
And that answers my "should I catch it on On Demand this weekend" question. :)

jst5150
04-18-2008, 10:52 PM
The Weather Man with Nick Cage.

Understated and beautiful.

ChunkyC
04-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Armageddon ... stupid, idiotic, lame ... and that's just the opening credits. *rimshot* Seriously, it was just dumb dumb dumb. I don't care what anyone says about how they tried to explain it in the movie, it HAS to be easier to teach an astronaut to drill a hole than it would be to teach an oil rig worker to be an astronaut. And don't get me started on what would actually happen if they blew up an asteroid like that inside the moon's orbit. Global warming would be the least of our worries.

Alien VS Predator ... so now Hollywood is making prepubescent kid fantasies into movies? I can just see some 13 year old making the pitch to the studio:

"Like, wouldn't it be cool if the alien from Aliens had a fight with the alien from Predator? I wonder who would win?"

"Love it, kid! LOVE-IT! Here's a hundred million bucks, go make us a movie."

SAW and sequels ... torture porn, plain and simple. The only thing more disgusting than those movies would be a real snuff flick. I can't understand how people can be entertained by depictions of other people suffering unimaginable indignities and pain, fake or not.

III
04-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Um, speaking of "cultural" things, I couldn't stand My Own Private Idaho and switched it off after about 45 minutes. Yeah, I know it's one of "our" movies and not liking it means I automatically have some internalized self-loathing issues I (obviously) need to deal with because HOW CAN I NOT SUPPORT ONE OF "OUR" MOVIES?! No, of course not. Y'know. Why should I continue watching a movie where I think both leads have the acting range of a tongue depressor and has a story I think is even less interesting than said tongue depressor? Because if I stop watching mediocre movies, they'll stop making them? Wow. Hard argument to resist there, dude.

That's something the Christian community and Gay community have in common - pressure to support any terrible movie in the "genre". Idaho was like Hamlet compared to the first half-hour of Facing The Giants (which was all I could force feed myself.) My in-laws are still incredulous that I haven't watched the whole thing.

Armageddon

Double ditto with cheese. Ponderous.

maestrowork
04-19-2008, 01:06 AM
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/customavatars/avatar5914_5.gif said:

You know what's really funny, I don't personally know ANY black people who like Tyler Perry. Obviously they exist, but everyone I know in San Antonio who liked Diary is White or Mexican. They're patently shocked when they find out that I hated it, from Shemar Moore's stupid braids, to the over-the-top treatment of the ex-husband (and his over the-top-treatment of his wife when literally kicking her out) to TP's absolutely idiotic "I'm dressed up as a wild and incorrigible old black lady!" schtick.

My loathing for Tyler's work is deeper than the basements in Atlantis. It is the maximum amount of loathing permitted under the law. It pretends to be a mild-mannered loathing by day, but at night throws a cape on and becomes Super-Loathing.

Yeah, I couldn't stand his films just by looking at the over-the-top cheesy previews, but apparently he's very popular for some reasons.

And sheesh, I can't really take you seriously if I have to look at your avatar...

chartreuse
04-19-2008, 01:16 AM

You're making me VERY glad that I have no clue who Tyler Perry is.

maestrowork
04-19-2008, 01:17 AM
That's something the Christian community and Gay community have in common - pressure to support any terrible movie in the "genre". Idaho was like Hamlet compared to the first half-hour of Facing The Giants (which was all I could force feed myself.) My in-laws are still incredulous that I haven't watched the whole thing.

Same here. Every time some asked me, "Did you like that new Jackie Chan movie?" I'd say, why? I have no, absolutely no intention to see The Forbidden Kingdom -- that's like the stupidest quasi-Asian crap I've ever seen. I was conned to see Rush Hour 3 and I wanted my money and 2 hours back.

The Promise from Kaige Chen was horrible (I gave a 4 out of 10, and I was being generous), possibly the worst movie ever that came out of China. Even Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon -- beautiful film and a cut above the rest, but still.

That said, I did enjoy quite a lot of Chinese cinema but not because they're Chinese or that I'm "supposed" to like and support them. It's just that they're indeed superb films: Raise the Red Lantern; Ju Dou; Lust, Caution, etc.

Double ditto with cheese. Ponderous.

That cheese smells a lot like crap.

maestrowork
04-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Just thought of another one: Full Metal Jacket. I don't know why, but that movie made me sick to my stomach. Nauseated. Disturbed, and I hated every minute of it.

Gravity
04-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Just thought of another one: Full Metal Jacket. I don't know why, but that movie made me sick to my stomach. Nauseated. Disturbed, and I hated every minute of it.

I can't believe you said that, Maestro. I mean, "do you think I'm CUTE? Do you think I'm FUNNY??" :D Classic stuff, that.

ChaosTitan
04-19-2008, 03:53 AM
Donnie Darko was a severe waste of my time.

Mine, too. I watched it because so many people were raving about it.

:Shrug:

Brothers Grimm -- apparently a lot of people liked the film. I hated it.

I thought we determined a few weeks ago that only three people like it. ;)

StephanieFox
04-19-2008, 04:02 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone here will disagree, but I thought every single one of the Godfather movies was boring, boring, boring. When I saw the first one, when it came out, I kept looking at my watch. Y-A-W-N!

I also don't think that Citizen Kane is the greatest movie ever made. It's in the top 20, maybe, but not #1.

robeiae
04-19-2008, 04:07 AM
Alien VS Predator ... so now Hollywood is making prepubescent kid fantasies into movies? I can just see some 13 year old making the pitch to the studio:

"Like, wouldn't it be cool if the alien from Aliens had a fight with the alien from Predator? I wonder who would win?"

"Love it, kid! LOVE-IT! Here's a hundred million bucks, go make us a movie."

Don't force me to beat you to death with your own shoes...

Okay, it's my friggin weakness. I have the full multi-disc Alien collection, both Predator films, and both AvP films. Yes, I know the first two Aliens are the cream of the crop, by a long shot (though Predator 2 is seriously underrated, in my book). But I just like them. And these films are what big screen and hi-def were made for.

Btw, my utter disgust for Titanic is related to this: James Cameron's best direction was--without a doubt--his work on Aliens. It's not even close. And he should have won that Oscar in 1987, but wasn't even nominated. So those tools at the Academy give him Best Director for the garbage that is Titanic?! Pfffffffft...

Lyra Jean
04-19-2008, 05:18 AM
I really hated Kill Bill both one and two. I don't know why everyone likes it so much. The best part was in part two at the end when they show Christopher Walken It's the guy from Kung Fu. Because I like Christopher Walken that guy.

Does anyone know his name? I can't remember it.

WannabeWriter
04-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Wait a minute. I don't think Walken was in Kill Bill. I think you might be referring to David Carradine.

Craig Gosse
04-19-2008, 06:23 AM

..erm... (Not 'Ermey', which is another story...*)

You weren't supposed to 'LIKE' it. ...but, you were expected to 'learn'/takes something away from hating it...

(i.e., tell us WHY you hated it... and, maybe, you'll know what the movie was trying to say...)

(* Former US Marine Corps Drill Instructor R. Lee Ermey (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000388/) was not originally hired to play Gunnery Sgt. Hartman; but as a consultant for the Marine Corps boot camp portion of the film. He performed a demonstration on videotape in which he yelled obscene insults and abuse for 15 minutes without stopping, repeating himself or even flinching - despite being continuously pelted with tennis balls and oranges. Stanley Kubrick (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000040/) was so impressed that he cast Ermey as Gunnery Sgt. Hartmann.)

maestrowork
04-19-2008, 06:34 AM
Mine, too. I watched it because so many people were raving about it.

:Shrug:

I have to reevaluate my friendship with yunz. Donnie Darko is GREAT!

I thought we determined a few weeks ago that only three people like it. ;)

Not according to AW. :)

maestrowork
04-19-2008, 06:36 AM
You weren't supposed to 'LIKE' it. ...but, you were expected to 'learn'/takes something away from hating it...

I get that. Much as I disliked a Clockwork Orange I got to really appreciate it as a story and film and cautionary tale. I just couldn't get into FMJ.

Craig Gosse
04-19-2008, 06:47 AM
I get that. Much as I disliked a Clockwork Orange I got to really appreciate it as a story and film and cautionary tale. I just couldn't get into FMJ.

I actually laughed.

(No offense, one way or another, intended - I'm just stating that, when I read your post, I let out a burst of 'almost' involuntary laughter...*)

CWO vs. FMJ may just be the best argument I've ever seen vis-a-vis 'cinematography' vs. 'score'. CWO's cine work is... choppy, annoying, downright offensive... but PUT TO REALLY 'good'/'appropriate'/perfectly INAPPROPRIATE' music...

FMJ tried this with the Mouseketeer's Theme at the end, but it was too little, too late....

I CAN appreciate each movie, on it's own merits... given my personal weighting, however, a subjective matter, I think FMJ trumps CWO, overall. (Biggest CWO complaint? 'Inconsistency'... but the director said the same thing and was overruled by Birmingham, so we'll never know...)

(*...had there been anybody else physically present, I *MIGHT* have managed to restrain it - as there was not... well, I guess we'll never know, hmm...? *Grin*)

maestrowork
04-19-2008, 06:51 AM
It's a matter of taste, Craig.

Craig Gosse
04-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Let me (momentarily) turn this thread 'around'

Who enjoyed Le Hussard sur le Toit?

cethklein
04-19-2008, 05:27 PM
..erm... (Not 'Ermey', which is another story...*)

(i.e., tell us WHY you hated it... and, maybe, you'll know what the movie was trying to say...)

(* Former US Marine Corps Drill Instructor R. Lee Ermey (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000388/) was not originally hired to play Gunnery Sgt. Hartman; but as a consultant for the Marine Corps boot camp portion of the film. He performed a demonstration on videotape in which he yelled obscene insults and abuse for 15 minutes without stopping, repeating himself or even flinching - despite being continuously pelted with tennis balls and oranges. Stanley Kubrick (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000040/) was so impressed that he cast Ermey as Gunnery Sgt. Hartmann.)

As someone who has a personally autographed picture of R. Lee Ermey hanging in my office, I can say I did like Full Metal Jacket quite a bit. But I can understand how people don't, it's a very hit or miss film.

But one thing few can deny is Ermey's performance. He should have won an Oscar for it. His parts are some of the most quotable lines in cinema history. But the delivery sent chills down my spine, it was terrific.

Perks
04-19-2008, 05:42 PM

What percentage may I be in love with you before it's ruled creepy?

Brutal Mustang
04-19-2008, 05:44 PM
The Scary Movie I, II etc etc. It really did not appeal to me at all.

Ah yes, those are crud. Only saw 1/3 of the first one and walked out of the theater.

Also, I'm not crazy about the Pirates of the Caribbean movies like most people are, because the movies glamorize pirates - pirates steal, kill, and rape innocent people; they're nothing but sea thugs. But obviously, the movies wouldn't have been popular if they portrayed Jack Sparrow doing the things real pirates actually do.

Perks
04-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Also, I'm not crazy about the Pirates of the Caribbean movies like most people are...

I thought the first was terrific - clever and good fun. The other two should have been drowned at birth.

If I never see anything made of wood blow up ever again, it'll be too soon.

Who the hell authorized twenty minute battle scenes?

ChunkyC
04-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Who the hell authorized twenty minute battle scenes?
Yeah, I know. They should have been at least half an hour long. *runs*

Perks
04-19-2008, 07:00 PM
You can't hurt me, Charlie. I know your film proclivities and I love you anyway.

That's a big heart right there.

maestrowork
04-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I thought the first was terrific - clever and good fun. The other two should have been drowned at birth.

See the other thread. So I guess we're back on track. You can respect me again.

Speaking of long battle scenes, I think I was the only one who thought the last 30 minutes of Transformers were the longest, most dragged-out, overblown (and yet boring) battle sequence. I kept wanting it to end. The rest of the film was good.

Brutal Mustang
04-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Oh, and to make things worse, people are always giving me POTC shirts and posters!

SPMiller
04-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Ooh, this thread lets me get one movie off my chest: Stardust.

Horrendous. Awful. Sweet Jesus, it was so bad I was actually offended that the movie had been made at all. After seeing it I went home to look it up on IMDB and found that people liked it. I've never been so shocked in my life as far as movie ratings go. I wonder how Mr Gaiman feels about it; I can't imagine he's too happy.

Spoilers ahoy!

For example, the protagonist is such a worthless heartless cocksucker he actually chains a star spirit against her will. I totally lost all sympathy for the protagonist from that point forward, which was most of the movie, and I spent my time hoping he'd die a horrible death. Then the falling in love sequences were ridiculous and unconvincing, and I was hoping the star spirit would reject his dumb ass. Thus, the movie seems to silently condone Stockholm Syndrome. At the end he goes back to his old home to rub it in his ex-girlfriend's face that he found a new woman. He's an abysmal character. I'm beyond offended. I'm actually angry. Pissed.

Now... not having read Gaiman's novel that inspired the movie, I can't tell you if it's actually the book's fault, but since Gaiman is such a popular writer, I'm assuming it's the movie's fault.

Brutal Mustang
04-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Oh, oh, I have another one! The Fountain, with Hugh Jackson and Rachel Weisz. Whoever wrote and directed that film was on too much crack.:crazy:

Summonere
04-19-2008, 09:11 PM

Clearly you underappreciate the merits of a good Swingline stapler. A red one.

Meanwhile, I didn't dig on these:

Saving Private Ryan
Good Will Hunting

ChunkyC
04-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Wow, loved both those movies. I actually dropped a few man-tears1 at the end of SPR.

1 - s'why Perkie loves me so :D

SPMiller
04-19-2008, 09:27 PM
I find it easy to appreciate the humor in Office Space. That may be because I've worked in cube farms in the city where the movie was filmed. It's disturbingly close to accurate in some ways, but of course other parts are clearly fictionalized--which is fine.

That said, I didn't much like the movie's plot. I thought it was kind of weak and I wish they'd spent more time on the humor.

MelodyO
04-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

I have no idea why I hated it to the extent I did. I had not much in the way of expectations and just rented it one night for something to do. My hubby fell asleep and I (for maybe the first time that I can remember) turned it off without finishing it. All style and no substance is the only thing I can figure.

Lyra Jean
04-19-2008, 09:41 PM
The Fountain was a very good movie. I loved it immensely and plan on buying sometime soon.

Jersey Chick
04-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Good Will Hunting - ugh.

As Good as it Gets - ugh

Top Gun - I actually fell asleep watching this waaaay back when. And I can't stand Tom Cruise - I don't know why. There's just something about him that makes me want to slap him. Hard. With a 2x4.

About Schmidt - WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME KATHY BATES GOES TOPLESS!!! :rant:

maxmordon
04-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Postales de Leningrado (Postcards from Leningrad): A Venezuelan film most people liked, won several international prizes but I still see it as confusing without motive to be and quite pompous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6rDl7bCW28

triceretops
04-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Crouching Feline, Hidden Draconas.

What a worthless piece of shite. I mean, really. Full-on frontal combat, and your fighting platform are tree leaves. Okie Dokie. I'll buy that for a dollar. Why did the industry award this film?

Dogma. Why didn't they just stand still and read their very witty, controversial, stilted, stiff, dialogue from their script pages in front of the camera? Which writer was trying so hard for a message here. Was this supposed to be profound. Poor Chris Rock didn't understand one word he was saying.

Tri

Stormhawk
04-20-2008, 04:34 AM
Somehow, people seemed to have missed the point of 300...

It wasn't supposed to be historically accurate, it was based on a graphic novel, which was based on history. Also, it was not a remake of 300 Spartans.

Brutal Mustang
04-20-2008, 04:41 AM
The Fountain was a very good movie. I loved it immensely and plan on buying sometime soon.

I thought it started strong. But halfway through it got all bizarre and artsy-fartsy. I know the images presented was supposed to symbolize a number of things. But I found it to be stupid-looking and confusing symbolism, as if the writer had been smoking something. Don't know why so many people liked this film.

childeroland
04-20-2008, 07:01 AM
War of the Worlds. Fine craft employed in two hours of Tom Cruise and two annoying kids running from aliens too stupid to inoculate themselves against bacteria. Okey-dokey.

BenPanced
04-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Can I sit at the Pirates of the Caribbean hate table? I bring chocolate.

I'm also adding Clerks. I'm sick and bloody tired of characters arguing over the finer points of their pop culture fandoms passing as "witty" and "insightful" dialogue. Dude, if I want to hear two geeks arguing about why Optimus Prime could whup Darth Vader's ass I'll just log on to AW go online, then kew. I didn't care about anything. Kevin Smith can't write his way out of a paper bag; this was another one where the f-bombs turned me off.

Elaine Margarett
04-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Pirates of the Carribean. Fell asleep during the first one; refused to watch the other two.

Titanic~ Okay; I didn't really see it, but hearing the theme song for months and months was enough to keep me out of the theater.

Tom Cruise movies...any movie

Chariots of Fire ~ snoozzzzzze

Adam Sandler movies

Jim Carey Movies (Although I liked the Cable Guy for the scene with Ben Stiller and Mary Tyler Moore playing porno password)

Knocked Up (Althought I loved Superbad)

Kate and Leopold (just stupid)

And just because I saw it on others list and agree ~ Good Will Hunting

Mr Flibble
04-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Tom Cruise movies...any movie

I was going to say that!

Whenever he appears on screen I want to give him a right slap. Although, to be fair, he plays that one character very well. Shame he uses the same one in every movie.

maestrowork
04-20-2008, 05:38 PM
The Notebook.

Give us a lake full of swans! Give us some beautiful sunsets and sunrises! Give us a Ferris Wheel and cotton candy! Give us a passionate rain-soaked lovemaking! Give us, sheesh, Alzheimer! Give us a rich girl and a poor boy! Give us a war! Give us a conniving parent! ....

Ooooh, it's so romantic. Oooh. And if you put all these things in, you're guaranteed to have a blockbuster romance. Oooh.

ChunkyC
04-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Maybe it would be better if we got the guys who did the SAW movies to do a remake of The Notebook.... ;)

Perks
04-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Maybe it would be better if we got the guys who did the SAW movies to do a remake of The Notebook.... ;)Sometimes you're just a genius.

Except it can't have Carey Elwes in it. I am compelled to hate it if it's not Liar, Liar and it has Carey Elwes in it. It's the law.

Mr Flibble
04-20-2008, 06:37 PM
even Robin Hood: Men in Tights?

'Unlike some Robin Hoods, I have an english accent' hehe.

maestrowork
04-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I wanna see what those guys would do to that lake-full of swans! It's like Swan Lake set to the theme of Dance Macabre with an added soundtrack of a chainsaw....

Elaine Margarett
04-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Of course I thought of more as soon as I signed off...

Twister.

Signs.

Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Matrix. (Naturally, I didn't watch the sequels.)

Changing Lanes...stupid ending

Minority Report. Oh, wait, that's a Tom Cruise movie. Nevermind.

OT. Anyone see the movie with Jamie Fox and Tom Cruise where Cruise was a hitman? Can't remember the title. Good movie; great role for Cruise. In an understated performance he's the hitman, with the bonus of seeing him get it in the end. Sweet.

EM

maestrowork
04-20-2008, 08:16 PM
OT. Anyone see the movie with Jamie Fox and Tom Cruise where Cruise was a hitman? Can't remember the title. Good movie; great role for Cruise. In an understated performance he's the hitman, with the bonus of seeing him get it in the end. Sweet.

EM

Collateral Damage. Cruise did a good job as the villain. He should play villains more. Suits him better.

childeroland
04-20-2008, 08:26 PM
It's Collateral. Collateral Damage is the Schwarzenegger film.

Good God did Signs suck.

There's nothing to miss with the Matrix sequels, though Reloaded has its moments.

Elaine Margarett
04-20-2008, 08:59 PM
The Notebook.

Give us a lake full of swans! Give us some beautiful sunsets and sunrises! Give us a Ferris Wheel and cotton candy! Give us a passionate rain-soaked lovemaking! Give us, sheesh, Alzheimer! Give us a rich girl and a poor boy! Give us a war! Give us a conniving parent! ....

Ooooh, it's so romantic. Oooh. And if you put all these things in, you're guaranteed to have a blockbuster romance. Oooh.

I never read Notebook or saw the movie. It sounded so boring, and depressing. Yep; that's what I want in my entertainment.

I dislike just about every modern romance movie. How about,
Sleepless in Seattle...Hated it.
Or, When Harry Met Sally...I wanted to say, "Shut up already!"

Now that you have me started...

Pretty Woman, The Runaway Bride...

I could go on but I'll stop. <g>

Soccer Mom
04-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Ooh, a crumudgeon thread. I'll play.

ET: ship his big-eyed freaky-fingered self back from the asteroid he fell from. Couldn't have cared less.

Runaway Bride: I'm supposed to like these people?

My Best Friend's Wedding: ditto.

Pretty Woman: oh, let's glamorize prostitution and dress it up like romance. Nice.

Jersey Chick
04-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Ahh... My Best Friend's Wedding - blech.

The Matrix - double blech.

robeiae
04-21-2008, 12:33 AM

'Unlike some Robin Hoods, I have an english accent' hehe.Sadly, that's the only laugh in the whole movie.

BenPanced
04-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Of course I thought of more as soon as I signed off...

Rocky Horror Picture Show.
:e2cry: Whole "teenage looking to belong angst" thing for me. I love this one and watch it at least once a year. Though the audience participation has gotten incredibly sucktastic over the years.

And I'll second, third, fourth, and fifth into infinity on The Matrix. I pushed aside my personal feelings on Keanu Reeves :e2yawn: and tried very hard to watch it. It had all the depth of a box of corn flakes. Emphasis on "flakes".

Mjollnir13
04-21-2008, 09:14 AM
The Matrix...ugh!
Natural Born Killers...was soooo bored.
The Die Hard movies...again, soooo bored.

Anything with Corey Feldman.

BenPanced
04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Back again.

Napoleon Dynamite. It's been about six months since I tried watching it and I'm still waiting for it to be funny. (Doesn't help I was that kid when I was in school and found nothing to laugh at or "celebrate".)

maestrowork
04-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Clerks.

Ice Age.

Matrix II and III.

Any Jackie Chan movies.

Any Jet Li movies.

The Goonies (I think I watched it 20 years too late).

underthecity
04-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Don't ban me from AW for this one but . . .

Lord of the Rings.

It just would not END! And I could not accept the whole "forced perspective" thing so the elves, played by real humans, looked smaller than the humans. I mean, they still looked human, just in miniature. I can't explain it. I just did not like the movie at all. I guess it helps that I never liked JRR Tolkien's writing anyway. (And don't throw things at me for this one, but I don't like heavy fantasy: either reading it or watching it.)

allen

cethklein
04-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Back again.

Napoleon Dynamite. It's been about six months since I tried watching it and I'm still waiting for it to be funny. (Doesn't help I was that kid when I was in school and found nothing to laugh at or "celebrate".)

I almost watched it the other day, but every tiem I almost do I stop for some reason. I think I know deep down it's gonig to be stupid and don't want to put myself through that. I want to give it a chance but it's like some force is telling me "Don't do it! It's a trap1"

C.bronco
04-21-2008, 10:35 PM
I saw Borat last night. Did anyone actually like this? There were a few funny parts, but mostly it was repetitive, disgusting and under-edited. I will never watch that one again, nor will I ever see any sequels to it. I think I have permanent trauma from some of the visuals.

P.S. Ceth: nice addition to your signature. Robinhood Men in Tights lives in my still-operable vhs collection.

ChunkyC
04-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh!

PEARL HARBOR http://bestsmileys.com/sick/9.gif

Why couldn't they have strapped Ben Affleck to that bomb a-la Slim Pickens in Doctor Strangelove?

'Unlike some Robin Hoods, I have an english accent' hehe.
Sadly, that's the only laugh in the whole movie.
If you count not being able to stop laughing as one laugh, I agree. What can I say, I love silly movies like that.

C.bronco
04-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Oh!

Why couldn't they have strapped Ben Affleck to that bomb a-la Slim Pickens in Doctor Strangelove?
I wouldn't watch that movie. I hope to never watch that movie.

I think the Slim Pickens reference was from 1941.

ChunkyC
04-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Nope, Doctor Strangelove. Slim Pickens plays the pilot of the American bomber that's supposed to drop a nuke on Russia. When the bomb bay doors won't open, he straddles the nuke like a horse and rides it down, waving his hat.

I was trying to juxtapose that image with the image in Pearl Harbor of the bomb falling into the smokestack of a ship, and wishing Affleck's character had been strapped to it so we didn't have to see him again for the rest of the movie. :D

ETA: Ha! Found it on youtube! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0) (warning, he whoops pretty loud right off the bat when the vid starts)
Extended clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgHSDa2Jwqc&NR=1)

maestrowork
04-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Oh!

If you count not being able to stop laughing as one laugh, I agree. What can I say, I love silly movies like that.

Did anyone actually LIKED Pearl Harbor (except Derek). :tongue

Interview with a Vampire -- I was so BORED.

Cats and Dogs -- I actually walked out of this film. Totally wrong demographics and still, you would have to pay me to take my kids to see that, if I had kids.

Grindhouse: Deathproof.

Jersey Chick
04-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Oh. I managed to block out seeing Pearl Harbor - two hours of my life I'll never get back! :D

Mr Flibble
04-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Don't ban me from AW for this one but . . .

Lord of the Rings.

It just would not END! Would have been worse if they'd followed the book:D

And I could not accept the whole "forced perspective" thing so the elves, played by real humans, looked smaller than the humans. I mean, they still looked human, just in miniature.

Do you mean the hobbits? Because they are supposed to look like small humans with big feet....

I can't explain it. I just did not like the movie at all. I guess it helps that I never liked JRR Tolkien's writing anyway. (And don't throw things at me for this one, but I don't like heavy fantasy: either reading it or watching it.)

allen If you don't like, you don't like.

Another one for me : Kill Bill. Either one. I like martial arts films, but this? Just bleugh.

maestrowork
04-22-2008, 12:01 AM
I think Quentin Tarantino is overrated.

cethklein
04-22-2008, 12:04 AM
P.S. Ceth: nice addition to your signature. Robinhood Men in Tights lives in my still-operable vhs collection.

They finally released it on DVD believe it or not. I waitted years for it to come to DVD. You can get the film as part of a Mel Brooks boxset and I've seen it sold individually over the past few months too. I have it.

http://www.amazon.com/Robin-Hood-Tights-Mel-Brooks/dp/B000G6BLW4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1208808241&sr=8-1

I've probably watched that, Spaceballs, History of the World, and Blazing Saddles more than most other films combined. In fact as sad as it may sound, I could probably recite Spaceballs and Men in Tights word for word if I tried to.

ChunkyC
04-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Spaceballs is one of my fav Mel Brooks movies. I crack up every time I hear Dark Helmet say, "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine."

aonarach
04-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Oh, oh, I have another one! The Fountain, with Hugh Jackson and Rachel Weisz. Whoever wrote and directed that film was on too much crack.:crazy:

it was written and directed by darren aronofsky, the same guy that wrote/directed requiem for a dream and pi. in other words, i think yes, crack might have been involved.

my pick is magnolia..although having since seen tom cruise's little scientology recruitment tape, i now know why his character in magnolia seemed to suit him.

maestrowork
04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
The Cube. Excellent movie, but not a lot of people have seen it or liked it.

Lyra Jean
04-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Nope, Doctor Strangelove. Slim Pickens plays the pilot of the American bomber that's supposed to drop a nuke on Russia. When the bomb bay doors won't open, he straddles the nuke like a horse and rides it down, waving his hat.

I was trying to juxtapose that image with the image in Pearl Harbor of the bomb falling into the smokestack of a ship, and wishing Affleck's character had been strapped to it so we didn't have to see him again for the rest of the movie. :D

ETA: Ha! Found it on youtube! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0) (warning, he whoops pretty loud right off the bat when the vid starts)
Extended clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgHSDa2Jwqc&NR=1)

I didn't like that movie too much either. Especially after stutter guy's sweetheart is the only nurse to get killed in the bombing. What was up with that?! It just ruined the movie for me. I know they were minor characters but still.

Bourgeois Nerd
04-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Forest effing Gump - godawful, treacly crap

Anything with John Wayne - barf

LOTR films - gnomes, trolls and such are best in a kids' room

High School Musical movies - I really want that Zac guy to just come on out of the closet already. He's not fooling anyone and the Ashley chick has the worst nosejob. HATE.

There, I feel better. ahhhhh......

Salem
04-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Pretty Woman

Dirty Dancing

I've tried to watch Lord of the Rings several times but I get so bored after the first 20 or 30 minutes that I have to turn it off.

Someone is going to find out who I am and where I live then come out here and shoot me for saying this but......

Casablanca!

*Runs from thread*

RebelGoddess
04-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Bourgeois Nerd, you said it.

Forest. Gump.

Tom Hanks playing someone practically borderline retarded.

Hell. No.

I also cannot stand It's a Wonderful Life.

That movie is heinous.

Racheal

RR777
04-30-2008, 10:50 PM
My Big fat Greek Wedding.
I went with my wife (it was her second time) and another couple and they were all busting a gut laughing and I was thinking: "What the hell is so funny about this?" I just hated it.

dgiharris
04-30-2008, 11:54 PM
For the life of me,

I cannot stand "Rocky Horror Picture Show".

How people like the movie is beyond me.

Another movie that I HATE that people love is "Signs"

I mean, come on, Aliens fly all the way from the other side of the galaxy only to be defeated by a glass of water and a BASEBALL BAT.

Really hollywood??? That was the best ending you could come up with???

For crying out loud, I wanted to throw my t.v. through my living room window!!!

Lyra Jean
05-01-2008, 08:24 AM
I don't like Signs either. It is by far the worst Shyamalan movie ever.

Shadow_Ferret
05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Anything with Tom Hanks
Anything with Robin Williams
Anything with Will Farrel
Anything with Adam Sandler
Anything with any other recent alumn of SNL
Anything with Ben Stiller
Anything with Jim Carey
The Godfather movies
Chick Flicks
Any teen becoming horny movie, like American Pie, Porkies,
Anything by the Coen Brothers
Master and Commander
The Gladiator
Anything by Quinten Tarrantino
Office Space
Haven't seen Titanic, but I'll put it here anyway
History of Violence
Anything by Oliver Stone
Most torture porn like Saw
Troy
King Arthur
LoTR films
Harry Potter films
Napoleon Dynamite
Saving Private Ryan (I know I said anything with Tom Hanks, but this one deserves a special shout out)
Any movie about sports
V for Vendetta
Descent
That's it off the top of my head.

DWSTXS
05-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Musicals. They suck SO very badly. They are just plain stupid. No one in life runs around singing like that. No one.
They are, to me, very creepy.

well, now I have to tell this story-

I had just gotten engaged. Went to dinner at the future in-laws. They are BIG-TIME fans of musicals. I had no idea at the time.
Now, realize, I can't and WON'T sing, in public, not even in front of another human bean. I just DON'T. Same for dancing.

so, we're sitting around the table. and someone says something about hearing someone misspeak saying australia instead of austria.

I clarify, by asking 'Do you mean, Austria, as in 'The Sound of Music? that Austria?" (That's the country where I thought that movie/musical was set in)

Immediately, my future wife, her mom, her dad, and my wife's sister ALL began singing some song from the sound of music. Out LOUD, and they didn't just burst out a quick ditty...no, they sang an ENTIRE song.
Meanwhile, I'm turning red, then I'm squirming, then I'm beginning to freak a little.
I actually considered running out the door.
It was WEIRD!

Turns out, they do this quite often. It creeped me out for years.

Shadow_Ferret
05-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Musicals. They suck SO very badly. They are just plain stupid. No one in life runs around singing like that. No one.
They are, to me, very creepy.

What? You mean you don't break out into song at every opportunity?

That's creepy.

"I feel creepy!
Oh, so creepy!
I feel creepy, and weepy, and Hey!
I pity, anyone who can't feel this way.
Look at that creepy boy in that mirror there
(what mirror where?)
Who can that creepy boy be?
(which one who where?)"

dgiharris
05-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Anything with Tom Hanks
Anything with Robin Williams
Anything with Will Farrel
Anything with Adam Sandler
Anything with any other recent alumn of SNL
Anything with Ben Stiller
Anything with Jim Carey
The Godfather movies
Chick Flicks
Any teen becoming horny movie, like American Pie, Porkies,
Anything by the Coen Brothers
Master and Commander
The Gladiator
Anything by Quinten Tarrantino
Office Space
Haven't seen Titanic, but I'll put it here anyway
History of Violence
Anything by Oliver Stone
Most torture porn like Saw
Troy
King Arthur
LoTR films
Harry Potter films
Napoleon Dynamite
Saving Private Ryan (I know I said anything with Tom Hanks, but this one deserves a special shout out)
Any movie about sports
V for Vendetta
Descent
That's it off the top of my head.

Dear God man, what the hell do you like?

Shadow_Ferret
05-01-2008, 07:36 PM
I think what I have listed there accounts for about less than 1% of the total film output over the last 100 years.

A listing of what I like would take up several pages.

Elaine Margarett
05-01-2008, 07:37 PM

Apparently, looking at himself in mirrors. <g>

Loved the song by the way, SF. I could actually picture you. You dance very well.

Smiles.
EM

DWSTXS
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
What? You mean you don't break out into song at every opportunity?

That's creepy.

"I feel creepy!
Oh, so creepy!
I feel creepy, and weepy, and Hey!
I pity, anyone who can't feel this way.
Look at that creepy boy in that mirror there
(what mirror where?)
Who can that creepy boy be?
(which one who where?)"

Stop that! LOL

Also, I just remembered, another weird feeling, when that incident first happened...WHEN everyone is singing except you, they ALL seem to be looking directly AT you when they're singing, thus, easily quadrupling the ickiness factor.
And, after the first line of the song, you're nodding along with fake-smile at them, as if to say 'ha ha, you got me, very funny!' and then, they KEEP on singing, all staring at you, gaily singing along, and you start feeling trapped, and scared. Then you wonder, should I just start eating and ignore them, which I attempted, but her Mom put her hand on my arm as I was about to lift my fork. I swear, my bowels froze.

Creepy! I seriously wanted to go give my soul a soapy bath after that.

NOW, I always refer to that incident as my one 'Ben Stiller' moment in real life. (Of course, I also have several 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' moments too, but that's for another thread)

slcboston
05-01-2008, 07:41 PM
This is actually more difficult than I thought - I can think of movies other people loved that i'm "ho-hum" about (Resevoir Dogs springs to mind) but few movies that I hate.

"Titanic" doesn't count, because that's essentially become THE love it/hate it film of all time.

There was something - but it was apparently so horrid that I've expunged it from my consciousness. :D

jennifer75
05-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Reservoir Dogs. I can't watch it. To some it's one of the best shoot'em ups but it disgusts me to no end.

I swear I didn't see the answer below me ....

And add Grease to my list. Never sat through the damn flick, never will.

DWSTXS
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Eastern Promises -
History of Violence -

This guy is a horrible actor.
I'm not going to be sucked in to any more movies he is in. No matter how great the trailers make them look, and especially not if everyone is talking about his great 'performances'.
Bad actor!

also. OTHER than Sixth Sense, I'm not buying into seeing any more of F. Night Shamma-lamma-ding-dang's movies either!

slcboston
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Another film: "Seven."

Again, every one loved it.

And while I didn't *hate* it, I didn't think it was all that great. Plus I'm generally not fond of gimmicky endings, which is really all that was.

On the plus side, it provided the fodder for the best bit of Shatner self-parody EVER. :D

Salem
05-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Evita was on last night and I tried to watch it. I couldn't stand more than 10 minutes of it. I'm just not a fan of musicals.

Bourgeois Nerd
05-02-2008, 05:37 AM
Eastern Promises -
History of Violence -

This guy is a horrible actor.
I'm not going to be sucked in to any more movies he is in. No matter how great the trailers make them look, and especially not if everyone is talking about his great 'performances'.
Bad actor!

also. OTHER than Sixth Sense, I'm not buying into seeing any more of F. Night Shamma-lamma-ding-dang's movies either!

Heh, you borrowed the shama-lama-ding-dong from Tarantino, didn't you? :tongue

As for those above-mentioned movies, well, I watched for one reason only - Viggo's Butto. He shows it in every one of his movies, I swear. It must be in his contract. Not that I mind. :D

TerzaRima
05-02-2008, 06:35 AM
The entire Star Wars franchise fills me with ennui.

Reckoner
05-02-2008, 09:07 AM
The Godfather trilogy. The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The entire Star Wars saga. And any and all of Kevin Smith's films.

My friends feed me shit for hating these -- but man, I just can't stand them. Long, long, long, and tiresome, all.

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Blue Velvet. I just didn't get it.

WannabeWriter
05-28-2008, 06:53 AM
I'm bringing this back up because I rented Syriana this past weekend. It bored the hell out of me.

Southern_girl29
05-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Most of mine have been mentioned already. I can't stand the Matrix or Lord of the Rings. I totally detest Fight Club. I also hated Cold Mountain. The Southern accents were awful, and then, I watched the whole damn movie just to have him die in the end. Nope, it was awful.

Shadow_Ferret
05-28-2008, 08:48 PM
A good enema will take care of that for you.

CaroGirl
05-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Other people like that?

childeroland
05-29-2008, 03:14 AM
Tried to watch The Searchers. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for that sort of acting that day, but meh.

Zoombie
05-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Somebody liked this movie?

I LOVE Master and Commander.

As for my thingy: Blade Runner.

darrtwish
06-07-2008, 07:38 PM
The Harry Potter Movies. Mind you, I hated the Harry Potter series in the first place. The Saw Movies as well.

Buddikins
06-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Napoleon Dynamite.

Everyone I know loves it. Grrrr pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

Lyra Jean
06-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I didn't like Napoleon Dynamite, The Saw franchise, and the only movie I like that Quentin Tarantino made is Pulp Fiction. I have to be the mood to watch that one. I don't see why people like him so much.

seun
06-12-2008, 04:41 PM
The Matrix, The Sixth Sense and Love Actually were all shit. End of story.

Sirion
06-15-2008, 02:37 AM
Juno.

I can't stand that movie. Every part was bad in my book; the beginning, the middle, and especially the end.

Napoleon Dynamite too. Is is just me or did that movie have absolutely no storyline?

Don't hurt me.

-Travis

Alvah
06-15-2008, 04:39 AM
Annie Hall.

It was so boring I walked out after about an hour.

chevbrock
06-15-2008, 05:11 AM
Hairspray - Just... boring. And please remind me why it was necessary to have John Travolta playing the mother?

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - I don't expect academy award winning movies to have such pathetic script writing and absence of plot - and it was boring as batshit to boot.

Elaine Margarett
06-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Hairspray - Just... boring. And please remind me why it was necessary to have John Travolta playing the mother?

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - I don't expect academy award winning movies to have such pathetic script writing and absence of plot - and it was boring as batshit to boot.

In the original Hairspray, John Waters cast the transvestite, Devine, in the Edna (mother) role. They wanted to stay with the same "campy" casting and you can't get much "campier" the JT in drag. Although I'm from the Baltimore area, John Waters makes me uncomfortable. Anyone see Pink Flamingos? <shudder>

And yeah, I'm with you on the CT/HD...

EM
is today "really" Father's Day?

RainyDayNinja
06-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Juno.

I can't stand that movie. Every part was bad in my book; the beginning, the middle, and especially the end.

I didn't like that either. It was like being bludgeoned to death with indie:

"Look how quirky our characters are! See?! HER PHONE IS A CHEESEBURGER!"

misslissy
06-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Uber Popular Movies I hate:

Napoleon Dynamite
Star Wars (all of them)
Lord of the Rings (okay, so this I only hate after being forced to watch them until I could stay awake through them - mostly though, they just put me to sleep)

Blondchen
06-17-2008, 02:39 AM
Titanic literally made me throw up in my mouth.

soleary
06-17-2008, 02:42 AM
Love Story.

I know, I know. It makes me a bad person. Can't stand that movie.

smlgr8
06-17-2008, 09:00 PM
E.T.
Gone With the Wind
The Shining

Gretyl
06-18-2008, 07:29 AM
"Crash"; I just don't get why this is such a well liked movie. In my opinion it's pretentious, over-dramatic, and cliche. Yet many applaud its "powerful" portrayal of racial feud and became teary-eyed at the storybook ending of a rather extreme series of events.

It probably didn't help that I first watched this movie in a film analysis class, in which my teacher thought the movie to be brilliant.

MrWrite
06-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic. Titanic.

Wow you must REALLY hate that film LOL.
Gotta agree I hate the film too.

American Psycho was raved about when it came out but it nearly bored me to tears! Christian Bale didn't need weapons to kill in that one. He could have just talked them to death!

Inkdaub
06-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Now... not having read Gaiman's novel that inspired the movie, I can't tell you if it's actually the book's fault, but since Gaiman is such a popular writer, I'm assuming it's the movie's fault.

That assumption would be wrong. I haven't seen the movie, but what you've described is how it happens in Gaiman's story. Though the girl he promises the star to is not and never was his girlfriend. She is a girl he likes that sets him the task as a joke.

As for me, I have never hopped on the Citizen Kane bandwagon.

Alice.S
06-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Dirty Dancing...GAH!! I HATE THAT MOVIE.....!!!....I didn't have the time of my life.

Prozyan
06-19-2008, 02:20 PM
There Will Be Blood

and

Michael Clayton

KTC
06-19-2008, 02:21 PM
No Country for Old Men

Waste. Of. Money.

willietheshakes
06-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Other people like that?

Blue Velvet? Oh, yes.

willietheshakes
06-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Forrest Gump.
Saving Private Ryan.

Utterly manipulative, sentimental crap.

KTC
06-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I'll never forget seeing Gump in the theatre. My wife and I went with my brother and his wife. My brother and I laughed like hyenas during the 'poor sad Forrest' scenes when it showed him lonely in different parts of his house just sitting there all forlorn. I mean, we split guts laughing. The entire theatre was silent. You could have heard a pin drop if not for our laughter. Our wives were NOT impressed. I agree with you on that one...

ETA: Okay, I will stop agreeing with you now. I know it freaks you out a bit. (-;

Lyra Jean
06-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Forrest Gump was good the first time but I don't want to watch it again.

RickN
06-20-2008, 02:44 AM
Years ago, my kids dragged me to both Pokemon and the Power Rangers Movie. Every now and then I remind them that still owe me big time for those.

Given the number of high quality kid's movies, I amazed at how badly these sucked.

kuwisdelu
06-20-2008, 04:23 AM
Years ago, my kids dragged me to both Pokemon and the Power Rangers Movie. Every now and then I remind them that still owe me big time for those.

However crappy it was, the theme song for the second Pokemon movie (the flute theme) was awesome. I still play it...

Shut up!

catethegreat
06-20-2008, 05:24 AM
ANY Austin Powers movie! (I'd rather have me teeth pulled sans anesthetic!)

Ziljon
06-20-2008, 05:34 AM

Quoted in agreement.

plaidearthworm
06-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Dances With Wolves. Why didn't the tribesmen just do away with Costner and put us all out of our misery?

mario_c
12-06-2008, 11:22 AM
:popcorn:

Cassie
12-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Me too, on the Blue Velvet flick. It was on satellite TV recently, and (as a devotee of D. Lynch), I re-watched it. But, uhhhh ... Not so great.

Cassie
12-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I hate Gone With the Wind (because it's my ex-boyfriend's mistress's favorite movie).

I guess I'm fortunate - I don't go out to the movies, and I only watch the ones on TV (or rent the ones) that look good to me. So as far as movies that I don't like, by my own doing, I haven't watched them!

Believe me -- there are plenty I do not want to see!

triceretops
12-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Of course I saw it for the first time only recently, and I swear I couldn't get through The Rocky Horror Picture Show. IMO the worst case of pandering to a juvie audience I've ever seen, trying to be so much more than it really was.

I think that Jack Black and Adrien Brody were horribly mis-cast in King Kong (the new remake). The shoes were too great to fill there. Although I have no idea who else might have filled those shoes. I think Brody won his part by a nose.

I've just gotten used to Stiller, Owen, and Ferrel (sp?) (barely), but nobody is going to cram Vince Vaughn down my throat for anything. I refuse to see any movie of his for any reason. As far as I'm concerend he's flavorless and dumpy. Williams and Carey are gods compared to what's coming out in the comedic realm.

Tri

Clio
12-06-2008, 04:12 PM

You and me both. Same goes for any Jim Carrey film for me. And only the gods know what people saw in this summer's cheesefest - 'Mamma Mia' - YUK!

Oh, and I have to add, as one of my personal bete noires - 'Alexander' - 'Sandy O'Great', as it should have been titled! God, it was awful - and long, long, long. That speech before Gaugemela was knicker-wettingly hilarious, Farrell's exhortation to his Irish Macedonians only slightly less amusing than Darius' preening from his chariot. Darius did have beautiful eyes though. Now, you know an epic film is bad when the only thing you notice is the Persian king's eyes.

Nakhlasmoke
12-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Well I finally saw 300.

What a load of utter tripe. Plotholes a mile wide, laughable dialogue, the dumbest fight scenes I have ever seen, graphics made from freeze-dried shit, and just....Gah I was underwhelmed. I sat there thinking dear god will it never end, I am soo soo soo bored, and people raved about this bollocks?

triceretops
12-06-2008, 06:38 PM
I could not. Stand. 300. I don't think I ever saw one location shot. It was a cartoon, the whole G-dmd move.

Tri

shawkins
12-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Forrest Gump.

There's a restaurant chain called the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. that I see a lot in airports. Apparently they play the movie Forest Gump back-to-back 24x7 the whole time they're open. I didn't personally mind it, but I bet I know what movie the people who work there would pick.

Blue Velvet

Ditto. David Lynch gives me hives.

AmandaAcidic
12-07-2008, 12:43 AM

Ugh. Agreed.

And anything with Will Ferrel. Minus Stranger Than Fiction. I loved that movie.

Hidalgo- I don't know how many people liked it, but my dad forced me to watch it cause he loved it. This was one of the few movies I could not finish for the life of me. Same goes for The Aviator

Jerry B. Flory
12-07-2008, 01:12 AM
Titanic. Is it ever gonna fricking sink?
Brokeback Mountain... I have to wonder how this movie ever went anywhere. Everyone you ask about it says "I don't know what you're talking about! I didn't see no Brokeback Mountain!":e2slap:

blacbird
12-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Titanic. Is it ever gonna fricking sink?

I'm waiting for Titanic II

caw

roncouch
12-07-2008, 02:16 AM
I'm thinking Titanic III, The Sub

selkn.asrai
12-07-2008, 02:42 AM
First place goes to--

300. So overdone, melodramatic and self-righteous. And I don't want to see a 20 second shot of a sword hitting someone's neck. The whole point of a battle's appeal is its chaos, its bluntness and swift tragedy. The CGI gave me a migraine, the acting and writing was deplorable.

Twilight. Not surprising. My friend came over with it on her computer so we could have a two-hour laugh at it.

Newsies; The Goonies.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Sound of Music.

Napoleon Dynamite. Pointless, annoying POS.

I enjoyed Juno for what it was once I watched the whole thing, but I thought I was going to hang myself with a Twizzler in the first twenty minutes. The dialogue was deplorable, and the characters were phony by being written as deliberately avante guarde. I was so happy to see it improve.

I never found Monty Python funny. I know that most posters will now find me insane.

MrWrite
12-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Monty Python not funny?? Yep...you're insane! ;)

selkn.asrai
12-07-2008, 02:57 AM
I knew it. :e2seesaw: ... :guns: Tally ho!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hated 300. All the people I ever met salivated over it.

I hate Star Wars too, all of them. You'd think Joseph Campbell would inspire something with much more quality...

Crash. Maudlin, stereotypical, sentimental garbage.

Loved Master and Commander, though. *sheepish*

MacStainless
12-07-2008, 03:23 AM
Frakkin' Cloverfield. I almost lost my lunch watching it.

jvc
12-07-2008, 03:25 AM
Banana

roncouch
12-07-2008, 06:02 AM
The Ring
Stupid, boring, waste of time

SPMiller
12-07-2008, 06:03 AM
Frakkin' Cloverfield. I almost lost my lunch watching it.I'm amazed this movie doesn't get mentioned as being terrible more often.

Writer2011
12-07-2008, 06:32 AM
The Dark Knight although Heath Ledger is awesome as the joker. I think what messed it up for me was having Two Face in it instead of keeping him until the end. But that's what the powers that be wanted. I mean it's not a TERRIBLE movie but it's just something I don't think I could sit through any time soon.

Writer2011
12-07-2008, 06:33 AM
No Country for Old Men

Waste. Of. Money.

I watched five minutes of it on STARZ--turned it.

emandem
12-07-2008, 07:43 AM
On the rare evening I'm able to get to the movies, I'm looking for a good laugh, and the worst I've seen (that everyone else seems to love) is:

Hairspray--(Is John Travolta even supposed to be funny in this?) And it was WAY overly musical, which I wasn't prepared for

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy--a disservice to the original book (which was hilarious for its time)

Will Ferrell stuff

Other non-humorous ones:

Lost in Translation

Becoming Jane--I like Anne Hathaway, but I swear I couldn't understand a word she was saying--English accents should only be done by true English people.

Polar Express--saw it with my kids. Longest two hours of my life.

nevada
12-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Hairspray--(Is John Travolta even supposed to be funny in this?) And it was WAY overly musical, which I wasn't prepared for

Did you miss the part where they said it was based on the Broadway Musical? :D

Jerry B. Flory
12-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I freaking hate Ben Stiller.
Tim Burton could have cast Ben Stiller in "Planet of the Apes" and saved a fortune on make-up. As long as he didn't give the chimp any speaking parts no one would have noticed.
I get deathly tired of watching great actors carry this hack through one movie after another.
"School for Scoundrels" was typical comic fare and I enjoyed it right up to the point Ben"Cornelius" Stiller shows up. Then, I had to change it.
I freaking hate Ben Stiller.

mario_c
12-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Brokeback Mountain... I have to wonder how this movie ever went anywhere. Everyone you ask about it says "I don't know what you're talking about! I didn't see no Brokeback Mountain!":e2slap:I didn't see it, but I did see the trailer before it came out. My initial thoughts: "Hmm, a Harlequin romance for gay guys. This movie's gonna make $100 million. Damn, this popcorn is salty." The last sentence isn't relevant, but the rest shows why I should be a movie producer.

My pick: Pan's Labyrinth. Maybe I was in the wrong mood for it, but I walked out. Just couldn't take the sweet as pie lonely-girl-fantasy-world stuff, it just rubbed me wrong all the way. Some good acting and art direction, but overall annoying and pointless.

Jojo_Dellis
12-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Titanic (I love you. I'll never let go, Jack. I laughed in the end when she pried his cold icy fingers off her.)
Juno (Ooooh, you're so quirky)
Matrix (Deep as a puddle)
Love actually (Actually not)
Star wars (Cries)
Napoleon Dynamite (Go away.)

WackAMole
12-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Gone with the Wind.

OMG I hated the characters. Despised them. BLEH

BarbaraKE
12-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Twilight. Not surprising. My friend came over with it on her computer so we could have a two-hour laugh at it.

Am I the only one bothered by this statement???

Why don't you just say "I heard so-and-so's recent book was terrible so I stole it out of a bookstore so I could laugh at it."

Geez.

selkn.asrai
12-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Am I the only one bothered by this statement???

Why don't you just say "I heard so-and-so's recent book was terrible so I stole it out of a bookstore so I could laugh at it."

Geez.

lol, I don't need to take it from a bookstore; I work in one and can enjoy criticizing it during my shift.

And while I partook in the laugh, I didn't download it; it's not on my computer. In fact, as far as I know it wasn't downloaded at all. We didn't replicate it by watching it; we didn't send or promote it to anyone. My friend didn't pay for it, so no one who made it gained any profit from it being seen.

And c'mon, you've never held or attended a roast of something? If not, you should try it. It's harmless, if cackly, fun. :P

mario_c
12-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh, and Natural Born Killers. This has garnered quite the cult reputation, and to me it's unwatchable drivel. And I admire Oliver Stone's body of work and Tarantino's too, so they have no one to blame but themselves.

Kind of a old one, too. Sorry, life's too short to watch s#*!#%& movies.

maestrowork
12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Citizen Cane. I was quite utterly bored.

Meet Joe Black. I was quite utterly bored.

Gone with the Wind. I was quite utterly bored.

Out of Africa. I was quite utterly bored.

Mrs. Strange
12-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Anything based off Jane Austen.

Jerry B. Flory
12-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I get that way with a lot of things.
The Assassination of Richard Nixon. Oooh Sean Penn is such an exquisite actor watch his face change expression through a downward slide into madness for fifteen fricking minutes. No Sean Penn doesn't make movies; he makes films If he's such a great actor he should try making a great movie just once.
Babel should have been named Drivel. Acting, facial expressions, whatnot, yes, the finer points of subtle acting are well-displayed, now make it interesting, please.
Some people take their acting techniques far too seriously. I don't care if their eyebrows wiggle with defined conviction it's still a bullshit movie.

nevada
12-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I get that way with a lot of things.
The Assassination of Richard Nixon. Oooh Sean Penn is such an exquisite actor watch his face change expression through a downward slide into madness for fifteen fricking minutes. No Sean Penn doesn't make movies; he makes films If he's such a great actor he should try making a great movie just once.
Babel should have been named Drivel. Acting, facial expressions, whatnot, yes, the finer points of subtle acting are well-displayed, now make it interesting, please.
Some people take their acting techniques far too seriously. I don't care if their eyebrows wiggle with defined conviction it's still a bullshit movie.

You know, I've got to say I take exception to your post. It's one thing to say "I dont like this movie, or even I hate this movie." But your post is insulting to a person in a nasty, derogatory way. In fact, all your posts in this thread have been personal attacks on actors. Try to look at this in a more personal matter. People will read your writing and say "OMG that totally sucks the guy can't write worth shit." That's going to come across to you very differently than if they were to say "This guy's writing is shit. He is an asshole who takes himself way too seriously as an "auteur."

Jerry B. Flory
12-08-2008, 01:53 AM
So you're saying I should whittle it all down to a level you can deal with like "This movie sucks." Sounds like pure tell to me. I believe the thread is about movies we hate and why.
I've given you the movies, the actors and the whys. If I color it up a little bit, so what? It's like any movie review. Some people will not agree, but maybe laugh. Some people will agree and some will take offense.
Pleasing everyone is not my first order of business.
Start a thread about movies and actors we love and it'll be a completely different story with people taking offense for different reasons.

nevada
12-08-2008, 02:56 AM
So you're saying I should whittle it all down to a level you can deal with like "This movie sucks." Sounds like pure tell to me. I believe the thread is about movies we hate and why.
I've given you the movies, the actors and the whys. If I color it up a little bit, so what? It's like any movie review. Some people will not agree, but maybe laugh. Some people will agree and some will take offense.
Pleasing everyone is not my first order of business.
Start a thread about movies and actors we love and it'll be a completely different story with people taking offense for different reasons.

It has nothing to do with what i can deal with. Reviewing based on subject is fine. Attacking someone personally is not. That's not "Coloring it up a bit" thats crossed into a personal attack based on nothing. I have never read a movie review that attacked an director or actor personally. Movie reviews stick to the facts at hand, the movie itself, the story itself, and yes the lack of acting if need be, but they've never spread out and simply attacked an actor willy nilly. No movie review worth its salt, at least. Perhaps you like personal attacks on people, maybe that's your style. Fine. But then I'm allowed to say that i find it offensive and unacceptable.

Jerry B. Flory
12-08-2008, 03:23 AM
I don't much care how you find it.
Not everyone here is going to change what they write to suit your fragile sensibilities.
I'm sure when you're done here you'll go find something else with which to take umbrage and someone else to harass.
Good luck with that.

nevada
12-08-2008, 04:01 AM
I don't much care how you find it.
Not everyone here is going to change what they write to suit your fragile sensibilities.
I'm sure when you're done here you'll go find something else with which to take umbrage and someone else to harass.
Good luck with that.

And again you make it personal. Can't you express anything without attacking anyone personally? I don't have fragile sensibilities. People who know me will tell you that. I just take umbrage with people making personal attacks on other people. Umbrage. U M B R A G E. Look it up.

ThePinkBookworm
12-08-2008, 04:30 AM
American Pie for SURE! I hate slutty, sexed up movies. I would also have to say any SAW movies, or other horror movies. I don't know about anyone else, but I like to sleep at night.

jvc
12-08-2008, 05:31 AM
To Jerry B. Flory and Nevada.

I'm way too tired at the moment to look into this in much detail, but from what I've seen Jerry B. Flory has been a bit personal with his attacks on actors, but then again, they are his opinions and we all have opinions. I would say, that to say that you 'hate' an actor is something that will always get on peoples nerves. How can you actually hate someone when you don't actually know them as a person? You may not like how they make films or their acting skills; you may find their appearence or facial gestures annoying and are unable to explain exactly why, you just do. But 'hate' when it is directed at a person, personally, is a strong word to be sure and you should be careful when using it.

Explaining why you don't like the movie or the actor's acting ability is fine, but try not to personalise it. This forum is not the place for that. Respect is the name of the game. Show respect in your posts to other members. Show respect to actors, who, although you may not like the films they make, their acting style etc, also deserve respect. And what ever you do, don't get personal, with other members.

And to both of you; I won't accept name calling or personal insults in any shape or form directed at members. Do not do it. Period. And swearing in here is not the way to go when trying to make a point.

So, can we please keep this thread as it was intended? And can we please keep it friendly? And can we please remember the word 'Respect'?

nevada
12-08-2008, 05:43 AM
In my defense, I only disrespected to show Jerry what it felt like. However, I have said my piece and am done. Thanks for your thoughtful reply ( I mean that, I'm not being a suck up. lol stargate sucks and oranges are mmm mmm good. except for those chocolate orange things. those things are vile. :P) (you're gonna ban me now arent you? hahahaha)

Edited to add: Just to contribute to this thread in a positive, constructive way. Don't Mess With The Zohan sucked eggs. :D

2old2pb
12-08-2008, 09:30 AM
The Bridges of Madison County
Fried Green Tomatoes
Thelma & Louise
The Color Purple

mario_c
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM
What is with the hostility all over AW this weekend? Relax, people, this is supposed to be a fun thread about movies that suck. Get a sense of humor already.

MacStainless
12-08-2008, 10:58 AM
I'll post some more movies that I can't stand:

-Anything with Jack Black. I NEVER find him funny....EVER.
-Unbreakable. I don't know if I missed anything but I found the movie weak at best.
-Casablanca. It's a classic why??
-Citizen Kane. I fell asleep. Sorry Rosebud!

2old2pb
12-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Is that like Aretha Franklin respect or Rodney Dangerfield respect?

To Jerry B. Flory and Nevada.

I'm way too tired at the moment to look into this in much detail, but from what I've seen Jerry B. Flory has been a bit personal with his attacks on actors, but then again, they are his opinions and we all have opinions. I would say, that to say that you 'hate' an actor is something that will always get on peoples nerves. How can you actually hate someone when you don't actually know them as a person? You may not like how they make films or their acting skills; you may find their appearence or facial gestures annoying and are unable to explain exactly why, you just do. But 'hate' when it is directed at a person, personally, is a strong word to be sure and you should be careful when using it.

Explaining why you don't like the movie or the actor's acting ability is fine, but try not to personalise it. This forum is not the place for that. Respect is the name of the game. Show respect in your posts to other members. Show respect to actors, who, although you may not like the films they make, their acting style etc, also deserve respect. And what ever you do, don't get personal, with other members.

And to both of you; I won't accept name calling or personal insults in any shape or form directed at members. Do not do it. Period. And swearing in here is not the way to go when trying to make a point.

So, can we please keep this thread as it was intended? And can we please keep it friendly? And can we please remember the word 'Respect'?

BarbaraKE
12-08-2008, 10:41 PM
And while I partook in the laugh, I didn't download it; it's not on my computer. In fact, as far as I know it wasn't downloaded at all. We didn't replicate it by watching it; we didn't send or promote it to anyone. My friend didn't pay for it, so no one who made it gained any profit from it being seen.

And c'mon, you've never held or attended a roast of something? If not, you should try it. It's harmless, if cackly, fun. :P

My point is that the movie is in theaters right now. It is not available on DVD yet. Therefore your friend cannot have a copy of it on their computer legally.

You say that your 'friend didn't pay for it, so no one who made it gained any profit from it being seen'.

That's the point. Your friend stole it.

And my comment has nothing to do with a 'roast'. I'd don't mind people making fun of movies they don't like, I have problems with people stealing (movies, books, it doesn't matter).

KikiteNeko
12-09-2008, 01:53 AM
That's the point. Your friend stole it.

IMO, stealing Twilight is doing a great service to literature, because paying that horrible author to inflict her cancerous abusive love drama into the world makes Baby Jesus cry on his cloud.

KikiteNeko
12-09-2008, 02:01 AM
Anything based off Jane Austen.

I second this.

AmandaAcidic
12-09-2008, 03:54 AM
IMO, stealing Twilight is doing a great service to literature, because paying that horrible author to inflict her cancerous abusive love drama into the world makes Baby Jesus cry on his cloud.

Little harsh don't you think?

vixey
12-09-2008, 03:55 AM
I've never seen this thread.

My answer is Atonement.

*runs*

AmandaAcidic
12-09-2008, 03:56 AM
I've never seen this thread.

My answer is Atonement.

*runs*

Yeah you better run!!

Just kidding =]. I did really like that movie though

KikiteNeko
12-09-2008, 03:57 AM
Little harsh don't you think?

Definitely not. That was me toning it down a notch.

nevada
12-09-2008, 04:15 AM

Stealing movies in no way affects the author since she was paid for her manuscript a long time ago. Stealing movies affects the studios (boohoo you might say) but it also affects all those regular people who have regular jobs with the studios. It's not all overpaid executives who lunch all day. It's the make up artists and the foley artists and the lunch caterers who all make regular wages who are ultimately hurt when studios decide not to greenlight as many movies because of profit loss from pirating. Not to mention the regular actors who don't make 20 million off a picture, the ones that act in the back ground and for whom it is a regular job that allows them to make a semi-decent living.

KikiteNeko
12-09-2008, 04:19 AM
Stealing movies in no way affects the author since she was paid for her manuscript a long time ago. Stealing movies affects the studios (boohoo you might say) but it also affects all those regular people who have regular jobs with the studios. It's not all overpaid executives who lunch all day. It's the make up artists and the foley artists and the lunch caterers who all make regular wages who are ultimately hurt when studios decide not to greenlight as many movies because of profit loss from pirating. Not to mention the regular actors who don't make 20 million off a picture, the ones that act in the back ground and for whom it is a regular job that allows them to make a semi-decent living.

That's what they get for being involved with such crap. Sorry. I don't feel bad that people are stealing Twilight; at least it doesn't help the box office stats. Frankly I wish EVERYONE pirated Twilight, and the movie FLOPPED, so that studios would be discouraged from making the sequel and Meyer would be banned from America. But in reality, she's doing phenomenally well with her mediocre writing that makes it just that much harder for the rest of us to get published. So boo farking hoo.

ChaosTitan
12-09-2008, 04:27 AM
That's what they get for being involved with such crap.

No, what "they" get is a steady paycheck. At least, for that movie. Then those grips, gaffers, costumers, make-up artists, electricians, set decorators, script supervisors, and craft services folk start looking for the next paycheck.

I get that you hate Twilight. I have no love for it, either. However, theft is theft, and all of the myriad people involved in making a movie (any movie) have families to feed, too.

nevada
12-09-2008, 04:44 AM
For example, an east coast background actor, that is one who has no lines, gets paid, according to SAG $130 a day. He probably averages one week's work per movie. and 12 hours a day. That means he gets paid $10 bucks an hour. This is his primary job. It's what he does for a living, it's how he pays his rent, it's how he feeds his family. He is never guaranteed work from one week to another. Do you think he has the luxury to say oh this is terrible, i'm not going to work on it? he doesn't even get a script. He gets hired, he shows up, he hits his mark, he collects his cheque, he goes home.

But by your argument, if he's out of a job because people pirate movies and budgets get cut and movies hire fewer people, it's his fault for being in bad movies and it serves him right.

And your reasoning is faulty. The better Meyer does the more publishing houses will look for the next best thing, They will be willing to take on more work looking for that next best seller, the more chances you have of selling your work. Success creates opportunity, every time.

BarbaraKE
12-09-2008, 04:45 AM
I don't feel bad that people are stealing Twilight; at least it doesn't help the box office stats. Frankly I wish EVERYONE pirated Twilight, and the movie FLOPPED, so that studios would be discouraged from making the sequel and Meyer would be banned from America.

Will you feel the same way when it's your book being stolen?

KikiteNeko
12-09-2008, 04:45 AM
But by your argument, if he's out of a job because people pirate movies and budgets get cut and movies hire fewer people, it's his fault for being in bad movies and it serves him right.

Not all bad movies. Just Twilight. But, yes, exactly. And I blame Meyer, because I think she might be the antichrist.

KikiteNeko
12-09-2008, 04:46 AM
Will you feel the same way when it's your book being stolen?

If I had a book, and it was being stolen, I would be so flattered that people were reading it that I wouldn't be as upset as many others would be. I had someone steal a fanfic of mine a while back. I got worked up about it but then I took it in stride and at least it still gets read by fans. And if it became a blockbuster film, you bet your butt I wouldn't be upset that people were pirating it.

nevada
12-09-2008, 04:54 AM
If I had a book, and it was being stolen, I would be so flattered that people were reading it that I wouldn't be as upset as many others would be. I had someone steal a fanfic of mine a while back. I got worked up about it but then I took it in stride and at least it still gets read by fans. And if it became a blockbuster film, you bet your butt I wouldn't be upset that people were pirating it.

You'll be upset when you don't get any royalties and you have to go back to work at a full-time drudgery job because your writing won't support you anymore because of all the piracy. But hey, as you slave away at 7-11 for ten bucks an hour and benefits at least you have the thought that millions of people are enjoying your movie to keep you company. Never mind that if those millions had paid their fair share you would be able to write full-time and you woulndt have to worry about how you are going to pay your rent and your healthcare insurance. Nope, just the knowledge that people are watching your movie and reading your book will keep you warm when your heating gets cut off in your little, one bed-room skanky basement apartment.

ChaosTitan
12-09-2008, 05:02 AM
And I blame Meyer, because I think she might be the antichrist.

:roll:

*secretly hopes to reach anti-christ status one day*

KikiteNeko
12-09-2008, 05:04 AM
You'll be upset when you don't get any royalties and you have to go back to work at a full-time drudgery job because your writing won't support you anymore because of all the piracy. But hey, as you slave away at 7-11 for ten bucks an hour and benefits at least you have the thought that millions of people are enjoying your movie to keep you company. Never mind that if those millions had paid their fair share you would be able to write full-time and you woulndt have to worry about how you are going to pay your rent and your healthcare insurance. Nope, just the knowledge that people are watching your movie and reading your book will keep you warm when your heating gets cut off in your little, one bed-room skanky basement apartment.

Whatever you say, dude. Twilight sucks. Someone asked if people were disturbed by people pirating it, and I am not. You may disagree or take offense and that is your right. Just know that Stephenie Meyer can read people's minds, and break them, and that evil no good nonsense happens whenever she's around. You have been warned. Good day!

ChaosTitan
12-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Just know that Stephenie Meyer can read people's minds, and break them, and that evil no good nonsense happens whenever she's around. You have been warned. Good day!

:Wha: