Registered
Reaction score
WOW!!!! Awesome Tem. I loved it. Many mucho congrats to you :D

Writer???

Because EYE said so!
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Marvelous! Absolutely beautiful poem. Congrats on your honor. Hail and praise to your talent. It was a joy.

ddgryphon

King of Sloth Town
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
It is an incredibly beautiful and complex poem. You deserve every accolade it receives.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
How awesome is this? Great job!!!

BTW is there somewhere on that site you can see the actual text of your poem? For some reason I am utterly unable to absorb poetry in spoken form. (Listening to it, all I hear is the rhythm of his voice.) I would really like to read your poem. :)

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
very well done-congratulations!
gotta love his commentary on the poem.

temerity

desperately deadlined!
Registered
Reaction score
Jo, there should be a link next to the video--you can select either "read" or "play"
...I'm the same way!

thanks for the congrats, everyone :) and thanks for critting my writing!!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Jo, there should be a link next to the video--you can select either "read" or "play"
...I'm the same way!

Apparently I'm blind as well as deaf. Yay! I read your poem... I'm not a big poetry person, but I thought it was really good.

LimeyDawg

Scars are poems too
Registered
Reaction score
Thank god you didn't post it here. We'd have judged it a winner before they did...and I, for one, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

LimeyDawg

Scars are poems too
Registered
Reaction score
You should have entered it in the adult section. Christ, sometimes it's embarrassing to find myself commenting on a talent that is so vastly superior to my own. It sure as hell was better than the mandolins and fruit poem, by several degrees.

LimeyDawg

Scars are poems too
Registered
Reaction score
...and...and...AND...if this is the last award your poetry earns you, I'll kiss my own rear end. Seriously, Mer, you are exactly what the poetry world needs. Talent without the shackles of education or preconception. Is it Escher's work that shows hands drawing hands? That's you, but it's poetry writing poetry instead.

Dichroic

that's di-CROW-ick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
riseagain.net
I'd agree with LD that there's absolutely nothing "teen" about this; it is the work of a mature poet, no matter what said poet's chronological age happens to be. One of the things that makes that seem true to me, is that this doesn't look like a poem written in a vacuum by a natural untutored talent. Talent, certainly (emphatically!), but I think this reads like something written by someone who's read a hell of a lot of poems, knows what makes some of them great, and builds on what has come before.

...I feel like I should send my congratulations to Borders, instead of Temerity, for judging so well.

temerity

desperately deadlined!
Registered
Reaction score
LD--okay, to-do list: save world of poetry. find a date for prom.
haha...thank you for the praise!!

D--thanks for the sincere compliments! I don't know if I've read a hell of a lot of poems yet, but I'm definitely working on it

William--ahh thank you!!! I'm honored :)

Update: creative writing teacher called it "offical Merit day" and passed out copies of the poem / played the video for all of his classes!--random people stopped me in the hallway to congratulate me--I feel lightheaded; I couldn't stop laughing

...no, I haven't come down yet :)

thank you all for the congrats!! now I'm just afraid the next thing I write will be horrible, haha

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Now it is sometimes an exercise to call one poem superior to another, but I can easily say that your entry worked for me far above the other winner. I thought it was more sophisticated. It's gorgeous work.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Well done and so deserved, Temerity! You're a true talent. I'm so happy for you.
Excellent poem too.
I also loved hearing Mr. Strand's commentary on your poem when he was finished reading it.