PDA

View Full Version : If I were a rock star...

mommie4a
04-03-2005, 01:22 AM
I always wanted to be Joan Jett, Chryssie Hynde or Pat Benatar.

Inspired
04-03-2005, 01:35 AM
When I was little I wanted to either be Marie Osmond or Sher.

You know, they're so much alike!

mommie4a
04-03-2005, 01:37 AM
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

CACTUSWENDY
04-03-2005, 01:41 AM
:Guitar: ....And I always wanted to be the Cher...without the Bono....:Jump: But had the voice of Barbara Stristand....Either way...I would have had lots of money and a very interesting life. (to say the least) Not sure I would have wanted all the mental junk that went along with it though.:roll:

William Haskins
04-03-2005, 01:44 AM
nicolo paganini

mommie4a
04-03-2005, 01:48 AM
Paganini is VERY sexy!

mdin
04-03-2005, 02:33 AM
Anyone here actually ever try to be a rock star? I've played the bass for over 20 years now (I'm 31), and in my late teens/early twenties I was in many, many bands. I even went on tour a couple times and married a groupie. But that's as far as it went. :Guitar:

I always wanted to be Steve Harris.

MacAllister
04-03-2005, 02:37 AM
Navigator, I played lead and did back-up vocals in bar-bands for years. Was a lot of fun.

I'd be Janis Joplin.

But alive.

And without the heroin.

lucyishome
04-03-2005, 02:38 AM
When I was in the 5th grade many many years ago I planned to be in a band with my best friends. I wanted to sing and play the drums. Of course the closest I came was playing violin and singing in the school choir.

I was a big fan of Def Leppard at the time and planned on traveling to England to meet them. I wrote letters explaining my planned itinerary and how I would be staying with each band member for a certain number of days. I called airlines to get rates. Of course being 11 at the time I never considered that my plan would ever work out. Oh the fantasies of a young girl.

Anne

mdin
04-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Navigator, I played lead and did back-up vocals in bar-bands for years. Was a lot of fun.

Hey, now we just need a drummer and a singer and we can have an AW band.

Inspired
04-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Ooh! Can I play keyboard or synth, or something? I'm not good at playing by ear, but I can sight read very well.

(Okay, so I play for my church every Sunday. I'd have to get a new wardrobe.)

awatkins
04-03-2005, 02:51 AM
Oooh, can I be in the band? I played rhythm mandolin on a couple of my husband's CDs. And I play a mean shaker egg, too. :D

Fractured_Chaos
04-03-2005, 03:24 AM
If I were a rockstar, I'd be getting booed off the stage all the time.

I can't sing.:o

In fact, when I sing, dogs howl.:(

JoeEkaitis
04-03-2005, 03:34 AM
I've been told I have a slight resemlance to John Sebastian, lead singer of the Lovin' Spoonful.

http://www.writersbbs.com/members/joeekaitis/headshot.jpg
(Uh, this is me, not John Sebastian.)

Sher2
04-03-2005, 03:41 AM
I've been told I have a slight resemlance to John Sebastian, lead singer of the Lovin' Spoonful.
Yep, I do see a resemblance. Boy, there's a name that brings back some memories.

JoeEkaitis
04-03-2005, 03:43 AM
Yep, I do see a resemblance. Boy, there's a name that brings back some memories.

That might explain why I kept getting the "Is that. . .?" stare when we went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. :)

Sher2
04-03-2005, 03:48 AM
That might explain why I kept getting the "Is that. . .?" stare when we went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. :)
Mmmm-hmmm. But come on now, didn't it give you just a teensy thrill?;)

mommie4a
04-03-2005, 03:50 AM
OK - I just had to say that, even though it's snowing here, I'm not originally from here and I actually haven't been to the R and R Hall of Fame yet. But Rock on Joe!

JoeEkaitis
04-03-2005, 03:55 AM
Mmmm-hmmm. But come on now, didn't it give you just a teensy thrill?;)
I'll be more thrilled when they say "Didn't you write A Griffin in the Neighborhood?"

(which is slated for release Christmas, 2006) :)

scullars
04-03-2005, 05:10 AM
I'd be a female Jimi Hendrix or Jesse Johnson with the pipes of Chaka Khan or Gladys Knight (and the abs of Ashanti and the *** of Beyonce, but only those; I don't particularly relish their pipes).

There is a black rocker by the name of Starr Cullars, whom I secretly suspect I am related to b/c any Af-Am Cullars I run across, I am somehow related to, whether nth degrees removed.

Liam Jackson
04-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Ray, the weird cowboy hat-wearing dude from Doctor Hook and the Medicine Show. That guy just kills me.

Or John Bonham, drummer for Led Zepellin.

firehorse
04-03-2005, 05:20 AM
Hey, now we just need a drummer and a singer and we can have an AW band. Isn't there some writers' band - all I remember is that Stephen King is in it.

scullars
04-03-2005, 05:28 AM
Isn't there some writers' band - all I remember is that Stephen King is in it.

The Rock Bottom Remainders, whose members include Stephen King, Amy Tan, Barbara Kingsolver, Ridley Pearson, and Robert Fulghum (sometimes Tananarive Due)

WVWriterGirl
04-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Oh, man, that's so easy for me. If I were a rock star, I'd be Stevie Nicks. In a heartbeat. All that seductiveness, the voice, the looks...when I grow up, I wanna be her.

WVWG

sgtsdaughter
04-03-2005, 09:48 AM
When I was in the 5th grade many many years ago I planned to be in a band with my best friends. I wanted to sing and play the drums. Of course the closest I came was playing violin and singing in the school choir.

I was a big fan of Def Leppard at the time and planned on traveling to England to meet them. I wrote letters explaining my planned itinerary and how I would be staying with each band member for a certain number of days. I called airlines to get rates. Of course being 11 at the time I never considered that my plan would ever work out. Oh the fantasies of a young girl.

Anne

These fantasies often turn into college jokes. Me and my girlfriends joked about moving to Nashville to "stalk" the stars, marry one, and well you get the picture. Those conversations were usually over far too much cherry vodka (hey, it was cheap).

But, I've got a friend that I am holding to our "deal." When we get booted out of acadamia, can't get a tenure job (the market is rough, and yes we are cynical folks), then we are gonna live out of our car and play in our own band. We both back at the guitar, I'm decent on the sax, and the two of can do elementary piano. Yup, we are gonna be rock stars who just can't play and as for singing . . . we'll just let the dogs howl. :Spam:

Melina
04-03-2005, 01:56 PM
I wanna be Ann Wilson. I have idolized her since I was just a young girl. I really don't get too worked up over "stars", but I think if I met her, I would just cry.

I sang lead in a rock band for a while, but all we did was drink and smoke pot. I was a vocal performance major in college, but came down with a bad case of stage fright, and have only sung publicly once since then. It was at my grandfather's funeral in 2001, and I did it because my granny asked me to. My mom gave me an atavan(sp?), so I made it through. It's weird how many people in my family didn't know I could sing until then...

Melina

maestrowork
04-03-2005, 02:03 PM
I never wanted to be a rock star... But if I were... probably any one of the guys in U2, preferrably Bono.

But I really would like to be Josh Groban. That voice and all the female adoring fans!

Sarita
04-03-2005, 04:23 PM
I'd really want to be myself as a rock star! I was in a band for a few years, Lead Vocals and Back up on the boys stuff. It was amazing.

But if I couldn't be me, I'd be Gwen. She's hot! And have you seen what she wears? That girl can get away with anything. Plus, I LOVE the earlier albums of ska-ish music that No Doubt did, pre-Tragic Kingdom. Ah yes, Gwen Rocks.

mommie4a
04-03-2005, 04:26 PM
But if I couldn't be me, I'd be Gwen. She's hot! And have you seen what she wears? That girl can get away with anything. Plus, I LOVE the earlier albums of ska-ish music that No Doubt did, pre-Tragic Kingdom. Ah yes, Gwen Rocks.

I just want her long, flat stomach. Sigh. Then again, having had a stomach virus last week put me on the right road. Now all I need is that middle age mother's tummy tuck. There's an image.

Sarita
04-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Yes, I'm jealous of that stomach!

mommie4a
04-03-2005, 04:58 PM
It's hot, Sara, it's HOT!

brokenfingers
04-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Hmmmm, I'd say Elvis - 'cause then I wouldn't have to buy a new wardrobe...

Celeste
04-05-2005, 05:23 AM
I always wanted to be Joan Jett, Chryssie Hynde or Pat Benatar.

Great choices! Those chics rock! I can't decide who I like best of the three.
But if I had to choose, I'd say Pat Benetar.

And now, who would I be? Hmm...I'll say Stevie Nicks.

Celeste

HConn
04-05-2005, 05:53 AM
I'd be David Byrne, with a little less whimsy.

aka eraser
04-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Van Morrison, with a little more whiskey.

Nivvie
04-05-2005, 11:37 PM
*Sings to the tune of 'If I Were A Rich Man'*

If I were a rock star, la la la la la la la la la, I'd be a cross between Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan, but female.

Betty W01
04-05-2005, 11:51 PM
When I was a teenager, I wanted to be Leslie Gore. Now, I'd like the voice, keyboard skills, and looks of Norah Jones, with my own life and experience. Failing this (my singing really isn't too bad), I'd love to be a back-up singer for Michael Bolton. I've seen him in concert twice - man, that guy can sing!

CaitlinK18
04-06-2005, 02:40 AM
If I had the looks of Debbie Harry and the scream power of Johnny Rotten, I'd be a happy woman.

Then I'd marry Billy Idol (from his Gen X days) and live happily ever after.

Renee
04-06-2005, 02:50 AM
Oh, man, that's so easy for me. If I were a rock star, I'd be Stevie Nicks. In a heartbeat. All that seductiveness, the voice, the looks...when I grow up, I wanna be her.

WVWG

Me too! Of course, I hope I would have made several different decisions. But yeah, Stevie Nicks is the coolest!

:whip:

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Anyone here actually ever try to be a rock star? I've played the bass for over 20 years now (I'm 31), and in my late teens/early twenties I was in many, many bands. I even went on tour a couple times and married a groupie. But that's as far as it went. :Guitar:

I was lead singer in a rock band for nearly five years. The big time never beckoned and I drifted into solo work. I entertained in clubs/pubs all over the country up until two years ago but I gave it up to concentrate on gaining a 'proper' job -- mainly to bring some security and stability back into my life.

I miss the 'buzz' but so far there's no regrets. I've sang since but only at charity functions. On those nights I really do miss the game but I soon regain my senses. Anyway, I've got my renewed interest in creative writing to feed my muse (and it succeeds -- most of the time ...)

Celeste
04-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Anyone here actually ever try to be a rock star? I've played the bass for over 20 years now (I'm 31), and in my late teens/early twenties I was in many, many bands. I even went on tour a couple times and married a groupie. But that's as far as it went.

Never tried to be a rock star, but did marry one. Well, he's not a 'rock star', but a well known musician in our state. So, I guess I am a groupie. On our wedding night, he had a gig. So, we got married real quick, loaded up the band equipment and went on the road to his show. What a wedding night, eh? It was fun, though! Lol...:Guitar:

Originally posted by MacAllister
I'd be Janis Joplin

But alive

Ahh...She's my all time favorite. What a voice! There's so many songs, but I think Summertime is the best!

Excellent taste, MacAllister! :Thumbs:

Originally posted by WVWritergirl

Cool! I chose Stevie Nicks too! We both not only love The Lizard King, but Stevie Nicks also! I agree, she is all that!!

You all have great taste in music!

celeste